Susita

Dieting and Weight Loss

195 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes I suppose if you wait around long enough there will be a 'scientific' study to back up any position you'd care to make.

I think that the 'eat less, move more' is a good policy, but I do find that where you live can complicate matters. I find that the very same food I ate in England, here has about a third more calories, more salt, is all around worse for me. So certain kinds of common sense strategies I had living over there, have to be reconsidered over here.

The UK Wiki

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Oi! That is NOT the secret pet name we agreed on!mad.gif

Elmo's fire !!!!

ok how's about ... er... um.... 'chucky' ?

I am being introduced to the American dish 'meatloaf' tonight... 10 bill calories per ounce I bet

I will secretly slip it to the cat and stay with the chips - fries - patatas bravas - pomme frites with branston pickle original

jeez all this talk of grub has made me like a T Rex with 12 babies to feed that hasn't had a decent meal for a month

moresheep400100.jpg

Elmo's fire !!!!

ok how's about ... er... um.... 'chucky' ?

I am being introduced to the American dish 'meatloaf' tonight... 10 bill calories per ounce I bet

I will secretly slip it to the cat and stay with the chips - fries - patatas bravas - pomme frites with branston pickle original

jeez all this talk of grub has made me like a T Rex with 12 babies to feed that hasn't had a decent meal for a month

Hmmmm. Maybe Elmo is okay after all -- 'chucky' has overtones of the movie "Child's Play."

Meatloaf is FANTASTIC, Alan. Made it all the time when I was over in England. The secret is to keep it moist and well-flavoured.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

Hmmmm. Maybe Elmo is okay after all -- 'chucky' has overtones of the movie "Child's Play."

Meatloaf is FANTASTIC, Alan. Made it all the time when I was over in England. The secret is to keep it moist and well-flavoured.

Well I will try any ethnic food except bush tucker like maggots and grubs and snakes etc.....

Have you tried black pudding it's lovely...

Pig's blood with peppers ! yummy northern delicacy

ok here goes with meat loaf !

moresheep400100.jpg

I have a few pounds to lose and I can't coz I am a disgusting, weak willed, gluttonous, beer swilling, bratwurst sucking, ice cream slurping, cooky crumbler and chip pan jockey without even the will power of a spawning salmon !

Ummm...wouldn't bratwurst eating be more accurate???

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

.......blahblahblah. I love beer too. ;)

Speak for yourself, buddy! A lot of us here are doing QUITE well. I thought this was a thread to help with motivation and new ideas for those of us getting motivated or trying to get off a plateau.

Anyways, :ot2: . I am on a 2 week challenge with myself to get in 20-60 minutes of exercise a day for the next ..well, 2 weeks.. I'm hoping that two weeks is short enough for me not to get intimidated by, but the possibly - at the end of the timeframe - be making a habit of it. Anyone else that hasn't been exercising want to join on the 2 week challenge?

I'm in! Now that hubby is working in the mornings again, I want to run over to the fitness centre (when did they stop calling them gyms?) M-F, and then get him to do it with me on the weekends.

Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

it depends on whether or not you're emotionally involved with the bratwurst.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I suck em like one of those hornets who lands on a grub and sticks it's proboscis into it and sucks it's inner body out.

Once you have had a bratwurst in that style, you will never go back to nibbling..

I offer this advice in the hope of putting the reader off the next three meals and it is therefore a contribution to the cause

moresheep400100.jpg

I suck em like one of those hornets who lands on a grub and sticks it's proboscis into it and sucks it's inner body out.

Once you have had a bratwurst in that style, you will never go back to nibbling..

I offer this advice in the hope of putting the reader off the next three meals and it is therefore a contribution to the cause

It has put me off a number of things, not just bratwurst. My husband is NOT going to thank you. laughing.gif

Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I stopped acquiescing to the wife, and am back on the diet. I am blowing large ketones, so I must be getting in the zone again. No more pancakes and pizza for a while!

You have diabetes, Bill?

Filed: Timeline

You have diabetes, Bill?

Nope. But, for my body type, a low-carb diet works best for losing weight. Checking your ketone levels can tell you whether a diet is working, or not. When the body starts burning fat, the liver and kidneys produce ketone bodies. If you are not burning fat, then the diet is not accomplishing what you want it to do, if reducing your percentage of body fat is what you are trying to accomplish.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey all new dieters and exercisers :star: I'm glad to see this thread was a good idea.

I agree with Alan, although I don't share his interesting choice of vocabulary :lol: We do have a serious problem in this country with food and overeating. I also think that we that try to change that deserve a lot of credit so thumbs up to all of us!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg