journeyman

Total package size of the entire evidence

18 posts in this topic

Folks I just read someone included 300 sheets of evidence!!! This is making me nervous. My entire package including the I-751 petition is only 100 sheets of evidence. Is this good enough or not now??

Note: (When including the statements / bills etc. I'm including only the first one or two sheets that have both our names and not the entire statement / bill)

Thanks.

I think 300 pages is a bit over an overkill. I don't remember how many pages I sent, but I believe it was under 100 pages so you should be fine.

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

October 2006 - I-129F sent

10/24/2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!....APPROVED!!

10/30/2007 - Visa in hand!

AOS Timeline:

1/30/08 - Sent AOS pkg Priority Mail with USPS

3/12/08 - Biometrics taken

3/29/08 - EAD and AP in hand for me and my son

5/21/08 - Email-GC on its way!...RFE for my son's application

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

7/02/08 - Sons GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

4/22/10 - Biometrics Appt for me and my son

6/30/10 - Email saying card production ordered for me and my son

7/6/10 - Letter in the mail saying cards will arrive within 60 days

7/10/10 - Both cards received!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I may be the one you're talking about..I included the 300 pages (some of which were both sides) because it wasn't just a normal I-751. It was a waiver. And with a waiver, there's no such thing as an overkill.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, But i think JustBob once mentioned his package was only 12 pages or something around that number. It's more about quality than quantity. But in my case, I had no chances to risk :)

Your 100 pages is more than enough, if it covers what needs to be covered.

Edited by Okalian

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Timeline

http://www.visajourn...7entry3946037

Let me also add, one reason for having such a big number of documents is because I included every months' statement of everything (health insurance. car insurance, bank statements, etc) whereas you need to include only one per quarter. I was approved without an interview or an RFE.

It's more about quality than quantity. Your 100 pages is more than enough, if it covers what needs to be covered. I just don't see how an overkill could hurt..

Edited by Okalian

Wife's I-130:

um wow, even 100 pages sounds like a lot to me! I just counted mine and it's 42 pages, including cover letter and application form, but not including photos.

What makes up your 100?

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Filed: Other Timeline

17 pages, all together, including 3 pages of 3 photos each.

If I were the I.O. and somebody needs to send me 100 or more pages to show me that they are still married and living together, I suspect fraud or a mental problem, both of which are reason to concern.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

I took Just Bobs advice when I submitted..I was around 20 pages..just had my biometrics..no RFE yet.

I'm sure you'll be fine

AOS

02/25/08 sent AOS packet

02/26/08 packet received chicago lockbox

03/03/08 NOA(I-485,I765,I131)for daughter and myself

03/09/08 received biometrics appointment letter

03/25/08 RFE recieved for NOA for I129F(USCIS lost it! DOH!)

03/25/08 RFE sent

03/26/08 biometrics appointment(YAY!)

03/26/08 EAD touched(for daughter and myself)

03/28/08 EAD touch again!

04/03/08 RFE received case processing resumes

04/29/08 request AP expedited

05/01/08 AP sent out

05/02/08 case transfered to CSC

05/02/08 EAD card production ordered

05/05/08 EAD card production ordered again

05/10/08 EAD card received

05/16/08 AOS touched

05/18/08 AOS touched again!

06/11/08 AOS card production ordered!

06/16/08 green card received in mail!!

no more USCIS for almost 2 years!!

ROC

04/07/10 sent I-751 to VSC

04/09/10 NOA recieved

04/13/10 cheque cashed

05/17/10 early biometrics

06/29/10 card production ordered

07/10/10 card received

If I were the I.O. and somebody needs to send me 100 or more pages to show me that they are still married and living together, I suspect fraud or a mental problem, both of which are reason to concern.

:lol:

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Following is the list of documents that we have put together as evidence for I-751. Can you please let me know where I could reduce.(Car and Car-insurance are not in both names yet, hence not including it)

Bills : ( 6 bills of each )

Cell Phone Bill

Utility Bill

Water Bill

Waste Management Bill

Financial: ( 6 statements of each)

Checking & Savings Bank statements

1099 statements

Credit card statements showing both names

Credit card copy of another CC showing same number

Home:

Home Insurance Policy

Quit Claim Deed

Excise Tax document

Tax returns:

Returns for 2009

Returns for 2008

Returns for 2007

Beneficiary:

Life Insurance beneficiary

Accidental Death / Dismemberment Benficiary

Health Insurance (spouse as dependent)

Health Insurance Cards showing same account number

401K Account Beneficiary

Stock Account Beneficiary

Boarding Passes:

2 foreign trips

1 NY trip

1 CA trip

Photographs:

12 photos of us together in various places

Miscellaneous:

Copy of Permanent Resident Card

Copy of Marriage certificate

Thanks.

Following is the list of documents that we have put together as evidence for I-751. Can you please let me know where I could reduce.(Car and Car-insurance are not in both names yet, hence not including it)

Bills : ( 6 bills of each )

Cell Phone Bill

Utility Bill

Water Bill

Waste Management Bill

Financial: ( 6 statements of each)

1099 statements

Credit card statements showing both names

Home:

Home Insurance Policy

Quit Claim Deed

Excise Tax document

Tax returns:

Returns for 2009

Returns for 2008

Returns for 2007

Beneficiary:

Accidental Death / Dismemberment Benficiary

401K Account Beneficiary

Boarding Passes:

2 foreign trips

1 NY trip

1 CA trip

Photographs:

Miscellaneous:

Copy of Marriage certificate

Thanks.

Hi Journyman,

I think Okalian scared you over nothing... I recommend you send in everything, except the copy of marriage certificate - they don't need it as they know you are married.

Maybe you can include a cover letter (there is a sample letter here on VJ. I wouldn't reduce it at all.... we sent in around 100 pages and got approved without RFE and interview.

I think your evidence list is solid.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Timeline

I think Okalian scared you over nothing....

I didn't scare him, he scared himself rofl.gif

My evidence was 312 pages, including the I-751 form and the address change sheet. Weighed 1 lb 15 oz. No taxes were included, so I had to make up for that too.

Dude i was really worried too! which is why i included everything i can. Put yourself in my shoes :) Divorced, no lawyer, etc. My marriage lasted 1-month-shy of 3 years.

Was it worth it? abso-freakin-lutely :D No interview or RFE, approved in 96 days.

Here's the breakdown of the package:

- Signed I-751 form

- Personal Statement (Explaning how our marriage went down)

- Notarized affidavit letters from friends, one from our marriage counselor.

- Table of contents TOC breaking down the whole evidence package into sections:

• Section A: Important general documents (Marriage certificate, divorce complaint, divorce decree, etc)
  • Section B: Proof of joint residence at State X
  • Section C: Proof of joint residence at State Y (energy bills, random letters)
  • Section D: Wedding Preparations (Gift registry, wedding hall documents, etc)
  • Section E: Joint car insurance statement
  • Section F: Joint cell phone statements (only included 2 because these statements were 40 pages each ..see? it could've been worse if i included all of them like i did to others :))
  • Section G: Joint Health insurance statements
  • Section H: Joint bank account 1 statements
  • Section I: Joint bank account 2 statements (these accounts were opened one after the other...not both at the same time)
  • Section J: Photos (60 photos, 4 per page)

Now, you may ask why did I include wedding stuff.. In my culture, we first get married but don't consummate the marriage until the wedding itself. In fact, we did our AOS interview the same day we submitted I-130 and I-485 (it was a pilot program - google DORA) and the USCIS officer approved it in 10 minutes even when she knew we were students and lived in different states at the time, prior to consummation of the marriage and our graduation (we graduated, wedded, moved in together). My ex-wife was also from my country of origin but born and raised in the US. We had letters from our inlaws and friends who attended our engagement, and thats all the evidence we had at AOS. So this further explains why I needed the additional amount of evidence.

That's why you're NOT an immigration officer :D You diagnose someone to have a mental problem just because they included 100 pages? this can't be right! (Trust me, i'm a doctor). My AOS evidence, as I mentioned, was only 8 pages and we were approved at our interview in 10 minutes! That beats your 17 pages :D jk..When i was researching the evidence provided by those who ended up with RFE, i really wondered why on earth did they receive RFE? There's that girl in BritishExpats.com who was filing with a waiver and included evidence "as thick as a phone book" and ended up receiving NOID (Notice of intent to deny) because her evidence didn't establish grounds for a bona fide marriage.

Bottom Line: I guess we're talking about 2 different avenues. A waiver case like mine is a whole different ball game than a jointly-signed I-751.

Wife's I-130:

Filed: Other Timeline

Since you asked, and looking at your list, I think it's fabulous. Since you gathered all of it and prepared it, here is what I would send, knowing that 20% of it would guarantee a speedy approval:

First of all, a cover letter, telling in 1 or 2 paragraphs who you guys are, where and how you live, and what you do.

Furthermore:

Home:

Home Insurance Policy

Quit Claim Deed

Excise Tax document

Tax returns:

Returns for 2009

Returns for 2008

Returns for 2007

Beneficiary:

Accidental Death / Dismemberment Beneficiary

401K Account Beneficiary

Financial: ( 1 statement of each)

Boarding Passes:

2 foreign trips

1 NY trip

1 CA trip

Photographs:

Miscellaneous:

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Great.. thanks everyone for your feedback.

I shouldn't say anyone scared me, but i was just being cautious and would get a better insight into everyone's thoughts, and you have all done a great job of explaining that based upon your experience and perception.

Thanks.

Agreed. I don't think I had more than 20 pages.

Its like giving your speech in 2 minutes with hitting the main points versus ranting and babbling for hours.. Who has that much of time! Gotta be efficient.

But again I do understand some cases are complected and might require more evidences.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Almost same to me. So thick evidences esp. chat records and that calling from Skype?. Dont ask, we are like making series of FRIENDS if we burn it to CD.

*K1 JOURNEY

2010-07-16****K1 Petition Sent Out

2010-08-08****NOA1 Hardcopy

2011-05-20****POE LAX

2011-06-20****Wedding

AOS:

2011-08-18****AOS Package Sent.

2011-09-29****Biometric Appt. Dover, Delaware

2011-10-18****RFE reply

2011-12-13****GC in hand

AP:

2011-10-31****File AP

2011-11-08****NOA1

2011-11-14****AP Approved

ROC:

2013-10-22***Package Sent

2013-11-03***Check Cashed

2013-11-05***NOA1
2013-11-25***Biometrics

2014-02-06***GC in hand dancin5hr.gif

5b904a1af6.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.