dhsplease

I-751 Waiver Filers Timeline

1,041 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thanks for sharing Macarena!!

Congratulations on your approval! Mind if I asked if you had any RFEs or interview? How many inquiries / info-passes have you submitted during the process or did you just wait for their responses?

Edited by mananto

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

My approval letter came in the mail today!! I filed on may 10th with a divorce waiver. I was very scared because I expected an RFE due to the waiver but got approved right away :) also, my status was not updated online so needless to say I almost my pants when I saw a uscis letter in the mailbox, since I was expecting an RFE. Today is a good day. My boyfriend and I got our offer on a house accepted and my greencard was extended :) good luck to anyone still waiting!

Congrats on the approval!

Unfortunately I am still waiting. It has been over a year since I filed now, I made an infopass appointment to get my passport stamped since the extension letter is about to expire. My case is still being delayed by ''security checks'' apparently.

3/19/2013 Wedding

5/22/2013 Filed AOS, EAD&AP

06/02/2013 NOA1 via email & text

06/06/2013 NOA 1 hardcopy

06/20/2013 Biometrics appointment

07/31/2013 EAD/AP approved

08/08/2013 EAD/AP Combo card received

09/16/2013 ''Potential interview waiver case'' letter received

12/24/2013 Greencard received!!

Hi..is there any of you under deceased waiver? all the waiver that i read here is divorce.I filled my I 751 at CSC on april 29 2016. i sent e request on November 24 and on Dec.6 i received an email said that my petition is pending consideration..Is there any of you same as mine?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi to all my Visa Journey friends.

Sorry for being out of touch for a while. But the last few months have been brutally stressful.

My apologies for being radio silent for quite a while. It’s nothing personal and just the way I ended up doing this to cope with this frustration.

So, here is the story.

After waiting till 11/20 and no news at all, i decided to make make a trip to my country out of sheer desperation and also because i had so many vacation days saved that i had to use them or use them in December.

Long story short, I received an interview notice on 11/25, few days before my international flight. I decided to cancel my flight and stay back and take the interview. The interview was scheduled on 12/15. I attended it and the interview lasted under 5 mins with questions fired rapidly on basic verification questions about key dates, history of relationship and marriage.  I answered them all as asked...Towards the end it was hinted that have all the evidence and it is satisfactory and they will let me know in 2-4 weeks.

I know many people here on divorce waiver got approved without any RFE or interview. In my case, I have a reason to believe that either I was randomly selected to interview or maybe because I did not include a personal statement describing my relationship and marriage. Which probably ended being a question mark for USCIS, hence they kicked it to the field office for an interview because of lack of explanation. (Again, I am not an expert in this and can’t point exactly the reason, so this thought is purely my opinion and assumption)

Anyway, today 12/30, exactly 2 weeks I received a text notification saying status is updated. I went online and the case status said   "On Dec 30, 2016, we ordered, your new card for receipt number EAC-XXXXX and will mail it to the address you gave us"

So I guess I am all set. Glad to know it is done before I ring in the new year.Good luck to everyone whose case is pending. As long as it is a good faith genuine marriage, you are honest and truthful, then you should not be worried.

Happy New Year 2017

TIMELINE:

Oct 6 2015 - Application recvd  

Nov 25 2016 - Interview letter recvd

Dec 15 2016 - Interview at Newark USCIS

Dec 30 2016 - Approval text notification and online case status updated

Total Elapsed days = 456 days.

Edited by Monty2211
included timeline of application

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
On 12/30/2016 at 11:38 AM, Monty2211 said:

Happy New Year 2017

TIMELINE:

Oct 6 2015 - Application recvd  

Nov 25 2016 - Interview letter recvd

Dec 15 2016 - Interview at Newark USCIS

Dec 30 2016 - Approval text notification and online case status updated

Total Elapsed days = 456 days.

Congratulations! It was a long jurney for you, but luckily is over. Enjoy your gc and your vacation :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Today I got an email from USCIS and finally I saw "New Card Is Being Produced" notice! It was a stressful journey started from May 2015 when my wife cheats me and I divorced her! It took a little bit more than 1.5 years and finally it is finished! Well, almost I am still waiting for my 10 green card. So what now? As I understand after 4.5 years of first green card we can apply N400 for citizenship, am I right? 

After RFE notice I was expecting to go interview but I think it was a good idea to hire an attorney. The attorney did a good job and explain my case with new evidence. 

Married: May 17, 2013

Employee Authorization Card Arrived: October 2013

I-485 Green card Interview: December 2013

Got 2 Year Green Card: January 22, 2014

Divorced: July 11, 2015

Filed I-785: November 6, 2015

Get One Year Extension: November 11, 2015

Biometrics Appointment Notice: 12 December 2015

Biometrics: December 30, 2015

Request for Evidence (RFE): September 12, 2016 (After that I hire an attorney)  I-751 Approved: January 6, 2017

• 1 month later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

any body applied for waivers in recently?.. hoping to see and compare  progress. mine is a complicated case here is info.

been married for almost 2.5 years. 

ex filed for divorce 3 months before applying for  ROC.

i applied for ROC in July 2016. 

Biometrics done..

waiting waiting waiting , 8 months and counting.

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone!! 

Anyone has any updates on their process status? 

Mine is in the works almost 6 months now. I have the letter extending my green card but I'm afraid to travel after it expires. I wanted to plan a vacation with my children but I'm afraid I'll run into issues with just the letter with this new president. Anyone thinking along those lines? 

Post any updates if any. 

Good luck to all. 

Renata

54 minutes ago, Rfranca267 said:

Hi everyone!! 

Anyone has any updates on their process status? 

Mine is in the works almost 6 months now. I have the letter extending my green card but I'm afraid to travel after it expires. I wanted to plan a vacation with my children but I'm afraid I'll run into issues with just the letter with this new president. Anyone thinking along those lines? 

Post any updates if any. 

Good luck to all. 

Renata

I'm not filing with a waiver, but all I-751s seem to be on about the same timeline. 9mo to a year seems to be the average, so don't worry too much. If it's a month before your extension expires, make an info pass appt at us I to get a stamp in your passport. But you won't have trouble travelling with expired green card + letter.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

• 1 month later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
On 6/23/2016 at 3:08 PM, tenino said:

congrats yall who got their waiver approved.

Just wanted to come here and update that I applied for Waiver and NOA date : june 16. now waiting for biomatric.

Hey did you receive your green card 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.