Heracles

Feminism to blame for girls gone wild

293 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am who I am.. I have no clue if I am feminist or not or whatever..

I am not sure why people feel the need to throw out labels anyways...

It was the guy who claimed that he CHOSE not to marry a feminist, which gives rise to all kinds of odd speculation.

I wonder if he really believes it or perhaps he's just sticking to his guns because he's stubborn and can't admit to being wrong.

Perhaps by capitalising the word CHOICE from now on, some clarity will come.

An interesting hypothesis -- I rather think this has much to do with it since his arguments in this thread became increasingly shrill, circular and frankly confusing. I shall take your top tip on CHOICE though.

Seriously, I never really rated Germaine Greer all that much. I think she's one of those people who makes a living repackaging other people's work.

I thought her official name was "Germaine Bloody Greer".

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I thought her official name was "Germaine Bloody Greer".

For what it's worth, my mom was in the midst of all the "Feminine Mystique turned bra burning" chaos and, having seen Germaine Greer speak many times over the decades, she wasn't really impressed. She spoke too much of the generation gap, which many feminists at the time believed in but those weren't the feminists who began in the mid-50s.

/thank god for those feminists in the mid 1800s. I do enjoy the right to vote.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

/thank god for those feminists in the mid 1800s. I do enjoy the right to vote.

Silence, uppity woman and know your place. mad.gif Actually, I have a friend back in the UK who dates the downfall of British society to female suffrage. He's an ogre but he does have some very fine wine in his cellar so I endure his pompousness in search of greater truth in the grape.

Off I skip to the salon to get my hair done -- my brain will be in girly heaven for several hours.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Silence, uppity woman and know your place. mad.gif Actually, I have a friend back in the UK who dates the downfall of British society to female suffrage. He's an ogre but he does have some very fine wine in his cellar so I endure his pompousness in search of greater truth in the grape.

Off I skip to the salon to get my hair done -- my brain will be in girly heaven for several hours.

Can you hand me the remote and get me a beer before you leave. :P

Being with a woman from Ukraine I understand what Gary was trying to say. There is a difference in where women derive satisfaction and meaning in their lives. It does take some getting used to. Of course it is all very complex but as a Neanderthal I can't be expected to understand the complexities of a modern woman. Maven, where is that beer!

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Ah. I know a handful of anti-feminists who are man enough to state that womens suffrage was the downfall. Really, most of the "anti-feminists" on here BELIEVE that but are actually too PC to say it. So they ###### about the bra burning 70s or women who want careers instead of their babbbies (ew, you're like 50 and wrinkled) but hey, those feminists who fought for the right to vote and own property before and after marriage, etc., they're great as long as they remember to make us a sammich. ;)

No, we all understand what gary, and now yourself are saying. You don't believe in the modern concept of sex equality and are stuck in a preconceived notion of mens and womens roles in society. Hence why you went to a culture that does not promote such things to specifically select a wife to suit your ideology.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No, we all understand what gary, and now yourself are saying. You don't believe in the modern concept of sex equality and are stuck in a preconceived notion of mens and womens roles in society. Hence why you went to a culture that does not promote such things to specifically select a wife to suit your ideology.

Wow, after three posts you have me pegged. You know everything about my life that led me to where I am in my life and how I met my fiance. Thank goodness most people on this site and in this thread are more thoughtful than you. They even have a little bit of a sense of humor. Live a little and get some perspective "Puppet." Now back to discussing mayo and pasties. ;)

Edited by bjstults

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Wow, after three posts you have me pegged. You know everything about my life that led me to where I am in my life and how I met my fiance. Thank goodness most people on this site and in this thread are more thoughtful than you. They even have a little bit of a sense of humor. Live a little an get a little perspective "Puppet." Now back to discussing mayo and pasties. wink.gif

Oh, that was an attempt at humor. I'm sorry, I mistook it for the obvious. Square pegs do afterall fit into a square hole.

I'm too busy getting my highlights done to fetch anyone a beer. Get me MY beer!

Edit to add: yes, I am posting from the stylist's chair. :mellow:

Edited by elmcitymaven

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yes, I am posting from the stylist's chair. :mellow:

OK - you win. That's the epitomy of gauche.

(now prease to stir fry me some pigs feet, thanks in advance ! )

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

OK - you win. That's the epitomy of gauche.

(now prease to stir fry me some pigs feet, thanks in advance ! )

Pigs feet, eh? I thought stir fried chicken feet was teh best. Don't you grill/stew pigs feet?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Pigs feet, eh? I thought stir fried chicken feet was teh best. Don't you grill/stew pigs feet?

Yes, hence the irony ;) Or Satire. whichever .

Just protect the iPhone with a modified sock puppet, bring me a sammich, all is good with the world (except for the gooseberries acquisition).

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hands off my gooseberries!

(actually, they're more like small melons)

:huh: what are we talking about again? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!