schmoopy

We filed for the K-1 Visa, BUT.....

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Belgium
Timeline

I don't want to marry this guy. I can't trust him. I think he is using me. I already sent in all of the K-1 Visa package. I'm not sure, but I don't think it was approved yet. What if he is using me? We have been through hell lately. Manipulation and deceitfulness are included. He has been using vulnerable women in various countries to go and visit. I think he may have a mental problem. Can I cancel the K-1 Visa if it isn't approved yet?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Absolutely. Pull the plug now.

Once you receive the NOA1, attach it to a notarized statement withdrawing your petition and outline your concerns in that letter. This way he might get flagged if he tries to use another American woman.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks guys!!! I have to do something before I am forced into marriage!

You are never FORCED into doing something you do not want to do.... Even if you cannot get it stopped at the USCIS, you can stop it at the consulate before the visa is ever issued.... Even if the visa was somehow issued you NEVER have to say I DO unless you want to

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I don't want to marry this guy. I can't trust him. I think he is using me. I already sent in all of the K-1 Visa package. I'm not sure, but I don't think it was approved yet. What if he is using me? We have been through hell lately. Manipulation and deceitfulness are included. He has been using vulnerable women in various countries to go and visit. I think he may have a mental problem. Can I cancel the K-1 Visa if it isn't approved yet?

Sure. You can send a letter to the service center (certified) stating you withdraw the petition. wait until you have the case number (NOA1) That way you do not get an approved petition "on the record" and there is nothing to explain in the future.

If the petition gets approved, you can cimply send a letter to the consulate and withdraw the petition, not send an affidavot of support and the visa will not be issued. Even if it is issued, he cannot do anything without marrying you. You hold all the cards. He is from Belgium, it is a visa waiver country, he can come to the US any time he wants, he doesn't need a visa to visit. Only to marry AND adjust status (he doesn't even need a visa just to get married to anyone)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Yes, send a one page letter to the USCIS, and cc it to the NVC and withdraw your petition and I-864 affidavit of support.

ps, you don't need to notarize such a letter, but many uninformed persons will recommend it, so consider the source.

Kudos to you to seeing a scam unfold right B4 your eyes. Take action now to protect yourself, then move on to find true love.

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It can't hurt in any way to notarize the letter. That way, USCIS will know that you are actually the writer of the letter. Notarization isn't mandatory, but it's an extra touch that adds an air of authority. Your bank may have a notary who will do it for you at no charge.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The OP is a K-1 petitioner whose petition is still at the USCIS....But many uniformed persons will think there is an I-864 that needs to be withdrawn, but we will consider the source..

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, send a one page letter to the USCIS, and cc it to the NVC and withdraw your petition and I-864 affidavit of support.

ps, you don't need to notarize such a letter, but many uninformed persons will recommend it, so consider the source.

Kudos to you to seeing a scam unfold right B4 your eyes. Take action now to protect yourself, then move on to find true love.

:star:

Notarizing is a good idea, not a requirement for such a letter. However there is no I-864 to withdraw in a case still at a USCIS service center. The above "source" either didn't read your post carefully or is simply uninformed.

See how pissy begets pissy? :rofl:

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

In addition to the good plan of pulling the plug on the I-129F now using a notarized letter to USCIS, you would have many additional opportunities to pull the plug on this:

Even if your I-129F had already been approved, refusing to provide an I-134, and/or an updated letter of intent to marry, and/or [though this is less reliable if done alone] evidence of a ongoing relationship for his consulate interview would effectively prevent him from being issued a visa and would pull the plug at that stage.

Even if he had already been issued the visa, refusing to sign the marriage certificate or say "I do" would make it impossible for him to adjust status.

Even if you were already married, refusing to fill out or provide any documentation for an I-864 would make it very difficult for him to adjust status, though this is not quite as reliable a plug-puller as the other options.

It becomes much more difficult to stop this once he has married you and successfully adjusted status and received a conditional green card. Divorcing him at that point would probably not prevent him from removing conditions. But right up to that point his status is utterly dependent on your continued cooperation, and you have all the power here.

But I agree with the others, best to pull the plug as early as possible if that's what you need to do.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.