rodrigoandjanie

What should I do about my tattoo?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello! I booked my flight for May 27th and everything is in order but I'm concerned with the fact that I made another tattoo AFTER the medical exams and my interview which is fine, it's a clean tattoo shop and I got tattoed there before so no risk of getting any disease or anything like that. But I am worried that when I go through immigration at the Newark airport they'll ask to see my tattoos or something and see this other tattoo that isn't in the medical report like the other ones and make a big deal about it. Do you guys think I should have another blood test, translate it and bring it with me just in case? The tattoo is on my leg, it will be totally covered, but I'm worried that they'll ask to see my tattoos...what should I do?

Thanks everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Tatoos are irrelevant to them, in my medical they didn;t even come up even though I have several visible ones.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

A friend of mine had similar concerns. He had his p*nis pierced in a way that a big rod went right through the tip (talking about painful here). In addition he already had a large snake tatooed on it. When he arrived at the POE, he asked the Customs and Border Patrol Officer if she wanted to see it but she politely declined saying: "it's okay, I'll take your word for it."

True story.

Edited by Just Bob

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

A friend of mine had similar concerns. He had his p*nis pierced in a way that a big rod went right through the tip (talking about painful here). In addition he already had a large snake tatooed on it. When he arrived at the POE, he asked the Customs and Border Patrol Officer if she wanted to see it but she politely declined saying: "it's okay, I'll take your word for it."

True story.

You have interesting friends...with a high threshold of pain, I would guess!

I have never heard of them checking out tattoos, OP, I don't think you have an issue.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: Other Timeline

I have never heard of them checking out tattoos, OP, I don't think you have an issue.

. . . unless straight across your forehead is a tattoo that reads:

Allah is Great

Death to All Imperialist US Pigs

:bonk:

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

True story.

:rofl: Geeeeezzzzzz !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I-129F sent 01/27/2010
Rcv'd CSC 01/29/2010
NOA1 notice date 02/01/2010
NOA1 rcv'd 02/08/2010
" Touched " 03/04/2010
email notice APPROVED! 03/04/2010
touched 03/08/2010
hardcopy NOA2 rcv'd 03/10/2010
NVC email pkt enroute 03/29/2010
CIS touched again?! 04/01/2010
NVC RECEIVED ! 04/09/2010
NVC sent to embassy 04/15/2010
Embassy received 04/22/2010
Interview date 06/11/2010
APPROVED !!!! 06/11/2010
POE Chicago 07/22/2010
MARRIED !!!!!!! 07/27/2010
AOS,EAD,AP sent 10/01/2010
Rcv'd Chicago lockbox 10/04/2010
NOA rcv'd 10/18/2010
Bio appt. letter rcv'd 11/03/2010
Bio appt. 11/26/2010
Interview letter rcv'd 12/08/2010
Interview appt. 01/11/2011
Email EAD/AP approved 12/14/2010
EAD card arrival 12/20/2010
Re-scheduled Interview 03/01/2011
APPROVED !!!!!!!! 03/01/2011
Green Card ARRIVED !!! 03/11/2011
I-751 R.O.C. sent on 12/05/2012
I-751 packet delivered by USPS to CSC 12/06/2012
check cashed 12/10/2012
Rcv'd NOA 12/10/2012 ... dated 12/06/2012
12/17/2012 Bio letter rcv'd ... Bio appt. 01/02/2013
Biometrics completed 01/02/2013

APPROVED 05/24/2013

Letter rcv'd 06/01/2013

Card arrived 06/20/2013

Timeline

Thanks for the replies! My concern isn't about me having tattoos or even what they're about...the problem is that when I had the medical exam the doctor wrote on my medical report that I had 2 tattoos and described them. Then I made the 3rd tattoo AFTER the medical exams. So my worry is that even knowing that the tattoo shop I went is clean and safe, in theory it's possible to get diseases while you make tattoos, so what if they read my medical report which I assume it's in the top secret yellow envelope that I can't open, ask to see my tattoos for some reason and find out that I have a 3rd one that I didn't have BEFORE the medical exams for the interview and make a big deal about it by saying that I could had gotten HIV or something and send me back to Brazil? If they send me back and I don't marry my fiancee on July 10th as we planned she'll be mad at me and probably kick my a**! hahahahahahaha

So do you guys think I should have another blood test, translate it and bring it with me just in case?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Any suggestions?

No, you no longer can be denied entrance into the USA even if you are HIV+. This was announced in December and took effect Januar 4, 2010 (I believe.)

At this point, you are remotely in risk of HIV or Hepatitis if the needles are not sterilized and shared etc...(or not.)

In any event, they do not care if you have a new or additional tattoo. It is simply not their place to draw such a conclusion or make a stretch and even if they do make that stretch, HIV+ is no longer a reason for DENIAL. I think it is very strange that the doctor made such explicit records of your tattoos.

Now if you personally don't like the tattoo, that is different.

You are good to go.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The description of your tattoo's was probably more about identifying information than it was about the tattoo's themselves.

I was never asked to show my piercings, and as other stated, they didn't show theirs. It should not be an issue at all. You're freaking out over nothing. IF it makes you feel better to do what you're planning, go right ahead, but I can't see POE asking for the "proof of non-infection" or something... It's like me rocking up with red hair when I actually have brown, they aren't going to turn me away because my hair is the "wrong" colour to what was written on a doctors thing months ago (incidentally my medical was July, my visa approved in August, and flight in Sept) so if they really expect me to never catch a cold, never get a new piercing, or tattoo... that's a bit ridiculous... kinda like me losing a toe in an accident and getting denied because at my medical I had 10 and now i have 9...

Timeline

He described on the medical record not only my tattoos but also a little scar I have on my stomach and he said that he has do this just in case I die and they need to identfy me which makes sense.

Well, so I guess I got no reason to worry...thanks for the replies! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.