Ju&Ja

Fake marriage

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hey everybody !

I didn't think that one day I would tell this kinda story... A friend of mine just sent me an email saying that she is engaged ! She was already engaged at the beginning of the year with another guy who got cold feet at the end... It is obvious that she wants to get married to get a GC which makes me sick in my stomach ! I know how it was difficult for my husband and I to live the immigration (K1) process and to be apart from each other. I know how it is difficult for all of us who are really in love to live far away waiting for the immigration to check our past and incomes and pictures etc... I know that she will get back to her country (she is in the US on a waiver right now) and she will comeback in a couple months to get married and adjust status... I am not the kind a person to call the immigration to report somebody who never did something bad to me, but I really want to stop her cuz' this is because of this kind of person that the USCIS takes so long to process real cases. By real I mean 2 people in love who want to live their lives together...

Have a great day, and give me your advices if you have some.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hey everybody !

I didn't think that one day I would tell this kinda story... A friend of mine just sent me an email saying that she is engaged ! She was already engaged at the beginning of the year with another guy who got cold feet at the end... It is obvious that she wants to get married to get a GC which makes me sick in my stomach ! I know how it was difficult for my husband and I to live the immigration (K1) process and to be apart from each other. I know how it is difficult for all of us who are really in love to live far away waiting for the immigration to check our past and incomes and pictures etc... I know that she will get back to her country (she is in the US on a waiver right now) and she will comeback in a couple months to get married and adjust status... I am not the kind a person to call the immigration to report somebody who never did something bad to me, but I really want to stop her cuz' this is because of this kind of person that the USCIS takes so long to process real cases. By real I mean 2 people in love who want to live their lives together...

Have a great day, and give me your advices if you have some.

I know it makes as all fume when people try to manipulate the system, but I would just let things play out. If they really are faking their marriage, DPHS or DOS might catch it. If this person is your friend, I would recommend confronting them about this and tell them just what you wrote here on the forum ... that this kind of business makes it harder for those of us who are in love and trying to get through this process. Don't go behind their back, though, that's not cool. Besides, this person needs to be confronted by someone who's opinion carries weight. If they choose to go on with this, then it's on their conscience and hopefully they'll be found out by the authorities.

Filed: Other Timeline

You are speculating. You actually "know" nothing; you are assuming. If this person is indeed trying to enter into a fraudulent marriage, you'll need proof, which could be as little as an utterance from her. Until then you should observe, perhaps inquire, but not interfere . . .

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

You are speculating. You actually "know" nothing; you are assuming. If this person is indeed trying to enter into a fraudulent marriage, you'll need proof, which could be as little as an utterance from her. Until then you should observe, perhaps inquire, but not interfere . . .

I am not assuming, she told a couple persons that she was looking for a guy to get the GC. I won't tell the USCIS anyway cuz' as I said, I4m not the kindaa person. I couldn't live with myself if this poor guy was having trouble with his country cuz'of me. I will just try to tell her how risky it is to do this...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

As others said, and as you said, the best action is no action of your part. Yes, it sucks. Yes, we've all had to wait and we're doing things the right way. But as stated above, if she is only marrying him for a GC, who knows what will happen in the end. Several options: they could actually end up being happily married, she could get caught, or she could divorce him with GC in hand in a couple years. Who knows...and while it sucks, that's life I guess. As other said, it's on her conscious. Unfortunately, this will probably never bother her.

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Agree 100% - burden of proof is on the OP and any proof seems to be either hearsay,

speculation or both. The OP may be spot-on but that won't hold water with a court or with

the USCIS.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Timeline

Ok, this is done. She got married during the week-end. But there is something that I don't understand. Before to choose the K1, some of my friends told me about getting married during the waiver and then adjust status. But I remember that when you do this you have to stay in the USA until you actually have the GC. She arrived two months ago, she then went to Mexico and cameback 1 month ago, she got married yesterday and leaves to Europe monday and wants to comeback to the US end of April. I don't get it, for me she can not adjust status anymore, she will have to do the K3 to comeback, no ?

If she's here on a VWP right now, she may have a hard time getting back into the country later now that she's married. It will be a lot harder to prove she doesn't intend to stay. I guess she could always lie though, doesn't sound like she's above doing that.

She's gonna do what she wants. Not sure why you're so worried about it really after reading all of this.

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Ok, this is done. She got married during the week-end. But there is something that I don't understand. Before to choose the K1, some of my friends told me about getting married during the waiver and then adjust status. But I remember that when you do this you have to stay in the USA until you actually have the GC. She arrived two months ago, she then went to Mexico and cameback 1 month ago, she got married yesterday and leaves to Europe monday and wants to comeback to the US end of April. I don't get it, for me she can not adjust status anymore, she will have to do the K3 to comeback, no ?

Yes, she will need either a CR1 or K3 to come back to live here. I doubt that she'll be able to come back in April.

Timeline

Yeah, that is what I thought... And I heard that K3 are even longer to get than K1... I am not worried, I am just trying to understand, I thought during a minute that the immigration laws could have changed during the past year ! But apparently it is the same. Well ! To bad for her, you play a bad game you can lose everything !

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Fake orgasms, fake marriages, I wonder if your friend is going to get some fake kidz to complete the package. It is sickening that someone would resort to this nonsense.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

You know what ? Maybe it won't go that far because she doesn't know nothing about the immigration. I am pretty sure that when she will comeback, when the immigration officer will ask her questions she will just say : "I am married to an american citizen and I am here to live in NYC with him !"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I guess your plan of action should remain to just don't say a thing. If she is really going back to her homecountry and then trying to come back later on this month, she either has to lie about being married or she might just be send back on the next plane home at the POE.

In any event- I say, what goes around comes around, let things just take it's course.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

It sounds like she's in for a rude awakening, especially considering she doesn't seem to know the basics about the process. I'd just sit back and watch the drama unfold...

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It sounds like she's in for a rude awakening, especially considering she doesn't seem to know the basics about the process. I'd just sit back and watch the drama unfold...

I know this sounds vindictive, but I like it when people get what they deserve. If you could keep us updated, I would appreciate it, especially if things go south for her.