When2RNLove

Attitudes of Posters

118 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Rebeccajo often had the same personality issues that Pushbrk has, but I'll cop to honestly missing her, if for nothing else than she was often good for a laugh. :)

And while I know this may stab my good friend TBoneTX like a dagger to the heart, :) I must be honest in saying that if I were stranded on a desert island and had to pick between pushbrk and rebeccajo to advise me in the right immigration process to file myself off that island, I'd choose rebeccajo hands down.

Edited by mox

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I'll have you know that Rebeccajo had a 99.9% accuracy rating.

Toxicity and accuracy percentage are different matters entirely. For instance, an allogeneic stem cell transplant has a high rate of success if the patient actually survives, if you catch my drift.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Toxicity and accuracy percentage are different matters entirely. For instance, an allogeneic stem cell transplant has a high rate of success if the patient actually survives, if you catch my drift.

Very good analogy- its not always what you do but HOW you go about doing it...

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Point: The most toxic VJ member that I can think of during my time here, RebeccaJo, is no longer. Thanks be for that, si man.

i disagree. you never met platy's nemesis.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

All aboard for the irony boat, all aboard! I still have a ticket if you want one. Because, you really missed my point there. Which wasn't really serious. Although Becca really DOES have a 99% accuracy rating in my eyes.

And I agree with Mox. I'd take a million Rebeccajos over Pushberk.

Any freaking day.

Edited by Mags

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

All aboard for the irony boat, all aboard! I still have a ticket if you want one. Because, you really missed my point there. Which wasn't really serious. Although Becca really DOES have a 99% accuracy rating in my eyes.

And I agree with Mox. I'd take a million Rebeccajos over Pushberk.

Any freaking day.

I'm still missing your points actually, care to explain what an accuracy level has in relation to "toxicity"?

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Check me out!

A joke is no longer funny if you have to explain it. Although there are many who would disagree it was funny in the first place. Gave me a chortle though and that's the main thing.

Hello hello? *taps microphone* Is this thing on?

Damn.

Well, we've gone from being rather vague to actually naming names. And remarkably it's stayed fairly civilized.

I'm duly impressed.

Message boards are like real life. Not surprising really as they are comprised of real individuals. You have winners, you have losers - it ain't no big deal :P

At the end of the day each person has to decide what is intolerable to them when it comes to the behavior of others. It is hard to see through the written word sometimes. Other times it's harder still to ascertain the motive behind the words. A wise participant to these types of communities will stop and think about that before they post.

I do know enough about VisaJourney to know rudeness and a lack of fair play has played an untold part in the "retirement" of many valuable people. I'm friends with quite a few of those people. I know their passion for helping others. I know why they've gone and I know where they've gone. Some of them are over 10 years past their own cases being culled onto the shelves of the service. Some of them have short tongues and a close-to-caustic manner. Some of them are charmers who can tell you nicely just how silly you are and make you like it. They've taken their skills and gone elsewhere. The cost to membership here - is dear.

And others of them have learned a very hard lesson. That if you take the bitterness of persons with another agenda, and try to fight with the same weapons, you can never recover.

No matter what your accuracy may be.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
if I were stranded on a desert island and had to pick between pushbrk and rebeccajo to advise me in the right immigration process to file myself off that island, I'd choose rebeccajo hands down.
I would be very happy to know that RJ was stranded on a desert island (Pitcairn?) while the wheels of USCIS slowly ground. :lol: And, regardless of accuracy rating (which has nothing to do with toxicity), pushbrk is here and RJ is not.

I still recommend that all current critics of pushbrk read his messages since the beginning of the year.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I was one of those old-timers who left -- I spent six months away from VJ because I was so fed up with the level of invective, vitriol and condescension being thrown about in the upper forums. I don't really know why I came back, but back I am. In general, I try to be minimally polite when I say "read the guides, f*cktard." You'll find most of my posts are helpful and welcoming as much as possible.* I don't get my rocks off by assuming that by belittling people is going to make me VJ Royalty. (Hell, I'm hardly even near the gates of the palace. I'm too busy in the pub.) I too don't agree with spoonfeeding, but if one person says "start with the guides," why should I pile on and repeat it?

I don't know, it's SUCH an old refrain that VJ ain't what it used to be, that no one thinks for themselves anymore, etc etc ad infinitum ad nauseam. But really? The level of bare-faced aggression in response to ignorance is staggering.

(*I will except the vibrator sh*tstorm of 2009, but how could anyone resist that one?)

Here here. Honestly the 'vitriolic' responses are no different than they have always been around here. Only the players are different. Many have tried (and failed!) to get it changed, but it just isn't what the masses seem to want, so the status quo stands.

I, too, took a break from here. I know I was not missed and that wasn't really the point. I just needed a break from the BS. I came back more focused on doling out immigration advice than getting involved in much else (certainly avoiding OT) because frankly, it's the immi stuff that butters my bread anyway. That's helped me be less disgruntled with the entire 'VJ experience'. I just take it way more lightly than I used to.

I DO get annoyed with the posters who obviously can't be bothered to read either the guides, form instructions or do a quick search of the forum to see if their same question has been asked and answered before (it almost always has been). But knowing such things annoy me, I either skip reading those threads all together or don't reply (if I do happen to read the thread for some reason). I figure if I can't say anything nice/constructive, why say anything at all?

Though that doesn't mean I'm exempting myself from posting the occasional snarky comment. :lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:reading:

You know what really grinds my gears, ppl who come on here asking for advice abt their jacked-up realtionships, then get mad at you for giving advice on the truth... If you didnt wanna hear the truth, then dont post in a forum, Pm someone in private... :ot2:

Edited by besaangel

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony