workin4somethin

the west's suicidal tolerance

114 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Found this on the www earlier after reading the ####### a few Islamists have posted on the VJ site, and figured this would be a bit refreshing for most VJ’ers:

While we in the West anxiously monitor our words and deeds for even the slightest offense against Islamic sensibilities, we receive in exchange no such consideration; indeed, our eager protestations of respect merely excite more contempt. Thus even as we protest our respect for Islam, Jews continue to be vilified with anti-Semitic rhetoric redolent of Nazi Germany, Palestinian terrorists befoul one of Christianity's most sacred churches, the Al-Aksa mosque in Jerusalem still sits on the site of the Jewish Temple, and in Istanbul Hagia Sophia, once one of Christendom's greatest churches, is still a mosque.

Worse still, a whole revisionist history in which the intolerant, imperialistic conqueror is transformed into the tolerant, peace-loving victim of Western imperialism is propagated by self-loathing Westerners whose bigotry against their own culture confirms the Islamist view that we are indeed Godless heathens and spiritual cripples.

Ancient Buddhist statues destroyed by Muslims -- no worldwide riots or murders by Buddhists recorded in response.

One of the holiest Churches in Christendom occupied by Muslims; altar shat and peed upon; religious artifacts stolen; Bible torn up and pages used as toilet paper -- no worldwide riots or murders by Christians recorded in response.

Sacred ancient Jewish tomb destroyed by Muslims; ancient Torah scrolls burned; mosque is built on the ruins -- no worldwide riots or murders by Jews recorded in response.

Ancient historical and religious artifacts found at Judaism's holiest site systematically dug up and destroyed by Muslims -- no worldwide riots or murders by Jews in response.

More than 900 churches in Indonesia fire-bombed by Muslims since 1998 -- no worldwide riots or murders by Christians in response.

Hundreds of ancient Orthodox Christian churches and cemeteries defiled and destroyed by Balkan Muslims -- no worldwide riots or murders by Christians in response.

And, lest we think that the West is immune from this sort of thing, a few years ago there was a rash of attacks on Roman Catholic Church statuary in the Los Angeles area by a Muslim man -- no worldwide riots or murders by Roman Catholics in response.

I could go on and on, but you've probably gotten my drift by now. I haven't even touched on "tolerant" Pakistan, where murderous attacks on Christian, Hindu, Ahmadi Muslim and Shiite Muslim places of worship are practically weekly events. And then there's Nigeria, and Egypt, where ringing church bells "frustrated" Muslim religious sensitivities so much they decided to throw bombs and rocks at the offending church, and beat up 35 parishioners and then burn down their homes for good measure. Oh, the poor frustrated things, look at what that nasty Israel forced them to do.

With all this going on, the MSM expects us to get all misty-eyed about the horrible trauma suffered by Muslims worldwide over a reported rumor that a US solider threw a Koran into the toilet. Oh yes indeed, let us hang our heads in shame, quell horror, we offended the poor widdle Muslims' religious sensitivities.

I mean, get real. In a contest between offended sensitivities, what's worse? Suffering the knowledge that someone may have thrown a Koran into a toilet, or suffering the knowledge that someone beheaded your 26-year-old beloved son and brother live on camera with a dull knife, and then broadcast this abominable snuff film around the world on the Internet for thousands of jihadi psychopaths to download and masturbate to?

Gee, I dunno. That's a toughie. Lemme think about it for awhile. Really.

from Andrew

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Found this on the www earlier after reading the ####### a few Islamists have posted on the VJ site, and figured this would be a bit refreshing for most VJ’ers:

While we in the West anxiously monitor our words and deeds for even the slightest offense against Islamic sensibilities, we receive in exchange no such consideration; indeed, our eager protestations of respect merely excite more contempt. Thus even as we protest our respect for Islam, Jews continue to be vilified with anti-Semitic rhetoric redolent of Nazi Germany, Palestinian terrorists befoul one of Christianity's most sacred churches, the Al-Aksa mosque in Jerusalem still sits on the site of the Jewish Temple, and in Istanbul Hagia Sophia, once one of Christendom's greatest churches, is still a mosque.

Worse still, a whole revisionist history in which the intolerant, imperialistic conqueror is transformed into the tolerant, peace-loving victim of Western imperialism is propagated by self-loathing Westerners whose bigotry against their own culture confirms the Islamist view that we are indeed Godless heathens and spiritual cripples.

Ancient Buddhist statues destroyed by Muslims -- no worldwide riots or murders by Buddhists recorded in response.

One of the holiest Churches in Christendom occupied by Muslims; altar shat and peed upon; religious artifacts stolen; Bible torn up and pages used as toilet paper -- no worldwide riots or murders by Christians recorded in response.

Sacred ancient Jewish tomb destroyed by Muslims; ancient Torah scrolls burned; mosque is built on the ruins -- no worldwide riots or murders by Jews recorded in response.

Ancient historical and religious artifacts found at Judaism's holiest site systematically dug up and destroyed by Muslims -- no worldwide riots or murders by Jews in response.

More than 900 churches in Indonesia fire-bombed by Muslims since 1998 -- no worldwide riots or murders by Christians in response.

Hundreds of ancient Orthodox Christian churches and cemeteries defiled and destroyed by Balkan Muslims -- no worldwide riots or murders by Christians in response.

And, lest we think that the West is immune from this sort of thing, a few years ago there was a rash of attacks on Roman Catholic Church statuary in the Los Angeles area by a Muslim man -- no worldwide riots or murders by Roman Catholics in response.

I could go on and on, but you've probably gotten my drift by now. I haven't even touched on "tolerant" Pakistan, where murderous attacks on Christian, Hindu, Ahmadi Muslim and Shiite Muslim places of worship are practically weekly events. And then there's Nigeria, and Egypt, where ringing church bells "frustrated" Muslim religious sensitivities so much they decided to throw bombs and rocks at the offending church, and beat up 35 parishioners and then burn down their homes for good measure. Oh, the poor frustrated things, look at what that nasty Israel forced them to do.

With all this going on, the MSM expects us to get all misty-eyed about the horrible trauma suffered by Muslims worldwide over a reported rumor that a US solider threw a Koran into the toilet. Oh yes indeed, let us hang our heads in shame, quell horror, we offended the poor widdle Muslims' religious sensitivities.

I mean, get real. In a contest between offended sensitivities, what's worse? Suffering the knowledge that someone may have thrown a Koran into a toilet, or suffering the knowledge that someone beheaded your 26-year-old beloved son and brother live on camera with a dull knife, and then broadcast this abominable snuff film around the world on the Internet for thousands of jihadi psychopaths to download and masturbate to?

I guess its business as usual then.... :rolleyes:

That's not really the point is it? Since when does falling to the level of the lowest common moral/ethical denominator become justifiable?

Its not just about showing respect for others (regardless of whether they deserve it), its about having respect for yourself and the values that we claim to defend and represent. That's why its so disquieting to see people rushing to condone torture, the keeping of political prisoners without trial or charge. That isn't what America is about, or at least that's the way it used to be....

Just because 'they' behave like animals - doesn't give us license to.... Not to mention that's really what the terrorists are after, ultimately.

Edited by erekose

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

the mean girls will descend on this like starved vultures.........5.....4....3...2.....1...

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
the mean girls will descend on this like starved vultures.........5.....4....3...2.....1...

:lol:

Its not just about showing respect for others (regardless of whether they deserve it), its about having respect for yourself and the values that we claim to defend and represent. That's why its so disquieting to see people rushing to condone torture, the keeping of political prisoners without trial or charge. That isn't what America is about, or at least that's the way it used to be....

:thumbs:

from Andrew

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why is this supposed to be refreshing to the VJers?

I dunno... perhaps you're not in the majority?

If you don't know, then why did you say that?

I'm asking YOU why you think it's going to be refreshing to people?

Timeline
If you don't know, then why did you say that?

I'm asking YOU why you think it's going to be refreshing to people?

It's not really intended for people who don't know the answer to this already. Sorry.

from Andrew

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Care to elaborate on that? What ####### was that exactly? Who posted it? IF you have hardcore facts to dispute anything that was posted by all means please go to those threads and dispute them, but to post this comment in general and the continue with something that has absoulutly nothing to do with what we are posting is a COP OUT....

I don't see you monitoring one one single word, as a matter of fact there is so much ignorance and hate in this forum. :yes: Three are definitly some people in the west that are sensitive and monitor what they say, as everyone should, but its not a nationwide trend and its definitly NOT YOU.

So I guess what you are saying is that if is a group of bad people from one country, then that would make everyone in the country bad? So going with your theory, since all KKK members are white, then all white people must be KKK members. GET REAL...

Instead of scouring the net to find more ways to hate...why don't you make better use of your time? Why don't you try learning? This is by far one of the most ignorant threads on VJ...you deserve an award for "Most Ignorant Thread". You have posted anything constructive. You are racist and so is your thread. Maybe you have not had issues like this hit home for you, I hope you don't have to live through that in your lifetime, because dealing with numskulls like you is one of life's biggest obstacles. This thread and your comments are by far a complete waste of time.... I am reporting this thread. :yes:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline
look the sooner that people accept this fact the better. there are GOOD AND BAD IN ALL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!end of story

I'm with you!

from Andrew

look the sooner that people accept this fact the better. there are GOOD AND BAD IN ALL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!end of story

I couldn't agree more :thumbs:

WBhW.jpgbunbuntdg20060306_-8_Amira%20is.png

REMOVING CONDITIONS

6/30/07 - Mailed I-751 via Priority Mail with Delivery notification

7/02/07 - Delivered to USCIS in Laguna Niguel,CA

7/07/07 - CSC returns I-751 packet because we used an older I-751 version. Mailed I-751 with latest(02/07) version via Priority Mail with delivery notification

7/09/07 - Deliverd to USCIS

7/10/07 - NOA date

7/12/07 - USCIS cashes check

7/21/07 - NOA received(GC extended for one year)

7/24/07 - Biometrics notice received

8/10/07 - Biometrics appointment in W. LA

8/28/07 - Card production ordered

8/29/07 - Approval notice received online

8/30/07 - Approval notice recieved in mail

9/04/07 - 10 yr GC received in mail

Timeline
[Maybe you have not had issues like this hit home for you, I hope you don't have to live through that in your lifetime, because dealing with numskulls like you is one of life's biggest obstacles. This thread and your comments are by far a complete waste of time.... I am reporting this thread. :yes:

25 years ago, I spent over 4 months in prison in an Islamic country. My crime was that I was not Muslim.

WTFU! This thread was not meant for you.

from Andrew

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

[Maybe you have not had issues like this hit home for you, I hope you don't have to live through that in your lifetime, because dealing with numskulls like you is one of life's biggest obstacles. This thread and your comments are by far a complete waste of time.... I am reporting this thread. :yes:

25 years ago, I spent over 4 months in prison in an Islamic country. My crime was that I was not Muslim.

WTFU! This thread was not meant for you.

Well I am sorry that happened to you, but it doesn't give you a free ticket to spread hate!!!!! Who is this thread for???? You never quite answered that question. Or maybe, just maybe? Someone other than a muslim would take offense to your post!

You just agreed with Shannon that there are good and bad in all people!!! You entire post contradicts that.

Edited by jordanianprincess

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Religions can be judged by the level of tolerance they display towards others. Islam, as an inferior religion, cannot tolerate sharing space with anyone. Most Western democracies have had to pander to the childish antics/rants of their leaders. They can stay in their own countries, where violence is tolerated.

In Australia, Lebanese muslims instigated riots at the beginning of this year.

My personal experience: as an undergraduate in the United Kingdom, living on campus where it was very much a multicultural environment (French, German, Chinese, Danish, respectively). The peace was interupted by muslims. Some of which threatened to kill me. And Europe? We know the electorates of those countries went on to vote for right-wing parties (a backlash).

The sooner Islam dies as an ideology, the better.