babyruthie

do you think k1 fiancee visa will be approve?

44 posts in this topic

There are also some Islamic countries where this is not uncommon - the Prophet himself had a very young wife.

That was 600 AD! Times have changed a bit Jim.

Can you imagine Michigan not honoring a marriage certificate from California or Florida?

This is an issue in gay marriages already.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Embassy will also be interested in the timeline of their relationship. A 48 year old guy having sex with a 16 or 17 year old minor usually raises a few questions--as well as eyebrows.

My son's ex- track coach went to prison for 5 1/2 years for exactly that. He was 47.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll...NEWS/611150437/

The Embassy will also be interested in the timeline of their relationship. A 48 year old guy having sex with a 16 or 17 year old minor usually raises a few questions--as well as eyebrows.

My son's ex- track coach went to prison for 5 1/2 years for exactly that. He was 47.

Tom, thanks for acknowledging my point, and yes, the middle-aged coach sex scandal stories are bountiful. I can't believe that I was going to be the only one identifying that the minor girl's underage status WILL BE a MAJOR obstacle to getting this visa approved. With all the strong and coordinated, cooperative international emphasis now against (child) sex tourism, the minor's extremely delicate age will SURELY be raised at time of embassy interview, and will likely trigger a Stoke's Proceeding looking at their timeline.

Perhaps the parents are even "selling their child" into a slavery arrangement. Shocking, but there are no shortage of such stories either. We don't allow 48 year old men to bang 16 and 17 year olds and then sanction the relationship as a 'legitimate' boyfriend/girlfriend arrangement. And no one can show me a persuasive law or argument to the contrary, even if it goes back to 600AD. :lol:

Cheers.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Depending on the consulate, I'd say good luck with that. Even if it were a routinely 'easy' consulate (London), that huge of an age gap is going to be scrutinized big time.

There are some very tough consulates where the age gap is not going to raise any eyebrows. If it's very common in the local culture for the husband to be much older than the wife then it won't be a big problem. For example, they see a lot of middle aged men sponsoring very young girls in Manila, but I'm pretty sure she'd need parental permission to marry. There are also some Islamic countries where this is not uncommon - the Prophet himself had a very young wife.

Regardless, she's going to have to meet the requirements of the state in the US where she marries.

That's not much older that is waaaaaaay older.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Depending on the consulate, I'd say good luck with that. Even if it were a routinely 'easy' consulate (London), that huge of an age gap is going to be scrutinized big time.

There are some very tough consulates where the age gap is not going to raise any eyebrows. If it's very common in the local culture for the husband to be much older than the wife then it won't be a big problem. For example, they see a lot of middle aged men sponsoring very young girls in Manila, but I'm pretty sure she'd need parental permission to marry. There are also some Islamic countries where this is not uncommon - the Prophet himself had a very young wife.

Regardless, she's going to have to meet the requirements of the state in the US where she marries.

Wow good luck on the interview next week, hope a visa is issued to you. And it is Jan 15, 2010 not 2009 as in your timeline. I kept looking at it and thinking ok, something it not right with this. :blink:

Edited by R and F

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Tom, thanks for acknowledging my point, and yes, the middle-aged coach sex scandal stories are bountiful. I can't believe that I was going to be the only one identifying that the minor girl's underage status WILL BE a MAJOR obstacle to getting this visa approved. With all the strong and coordinated, cooperative international emphasis now against (child) sex tourism, the minor's extremely delicate age will SURELY be raised at time of embassy interview, and will likely trigger a Stoke's Proceeding looking at their timeline.

Perhaps the parents are even "selling their child" into a slavery arrangement. Shocking, but there are no shortage of such stories either. We don't allow 48 year old men to bang 16 and 17 year olds and then sanction the relationship as a 'legitimate' boyfriend/girlfriend arrangement. And no one can show me a persuasive law or argument to the contrary, even if it goes back to 600AD. :lol:

Cheers.

If she was 18 (and even then... come on...) when the relationship began, then fine. I have no problem. If a 20 year old woman wants to marry a 90 year old man--fine. Consenting adults. But you have to draw the line somewhere. Frankly, I HOPE the embassy says something.

Maybe there could be an exception for a 21 year old marrying his 17 year old pregnant girlfriend...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sounds like Seattle2Cebu

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Cheers.

Who says they've had sex? Maybe she has to wait until marriage in her culture or beliefs.

He could be a 48 year old virgin. :lol:

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
A 48 year old guy having sex with a 16 or 17 year old
Sorry, but where does the OP say that this has happened? It very well could have, but where does she say it?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Who says they've had sex? Maybe she has to wait until marriage in her culture or beliefs.

He could be a 48 year old virgin. :lol:

I think it's more likely that Santa will finally put presents under my tree this year, but yeah, it's possible that they are both Mormons or something and are planning the wedding for her 18th birthday.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think it would be better if your cousin and her fiance will wait till she gets 20 y/o. :unsure:

hi!

I just want to ask this question not for me but for my cousin. Her fiance send their papers to VSC last October 2009. And they are just waiting for the NOA2. Does anyone knows here that my cousin's paper will be approve soon eventhough she's still 17? but she will be turning 18 next year...any advice??

thank you...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

I don't think the OP was asking for advice for the cousin; just an idea of whether his petition would fly and whether she'd get the visa or not.

We don't know what country is involved, but no matter. Even a teenager is a child, compared to a middle aged man. Not for us to judge, however.

I don't think the OP was asking for advice for the cousin; just an idea of whether his petition would fly and whether she'd get the visa or not.

We don't know what country is involved, but no matter. Even a teenager is a child, compared to a middle aged man. Not for us to judge, however.

It's not a matter of judging. Not even in the discussion here. It's a matter of LAW and WHERE the boundary line is. Too young is too young. Do you get it?

child-bride.jpg

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It's not a matter of judging. Not even in the discussion here. It's a matter of LAW and WHERE the boundary line is. Too young is too young. Do you get it?

child-bride.jpg

Can I get the name and address of this man? I can help your cousin.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.