Yarima

Getting divorced, wife is pregnant from other man

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am currently under the process of divorce, my wife being the visa holder. After I left the house due to the fact that I was suspicious of her elaborating a case of abuse against me (in Puerto Rico it is under the law #54), she sold everything I had (personal belongings, things which I had before the marriage, making them private) and I filed a complaint in the police department. This is just so you can get an idea of the immigrant which is right now gaining access to U.S. citizenship.

What concerns me is that I know she is currently pregnant of a man whom I know the name. I even know what gender will the baby be. I want to know how can I get evidence that she is pregnant or evidence that she had a daughter?

In Puerto Rico, as well as the U.S., having an extra-marital child is hard evidence of poligamy, and is punishable by law. I need to present this to the local immigration office and to the divorce court as well.

I will appreciate all help you can give me. Thanks.

Filed: Timeline

It is not polygamy my friend. It is called adultery. It varies by location, i know that it is in fact punishable by law in oklahoma but not all states. If your wife and the other man agreed to have a baby together even though you are married don't make them go to jail. You can consult a lawyer for free of charge about this. It does not matter how much you know about their relationship or gender of the baby. You should only fight for your belongings but you shouldn't worry about her citizenship nor relationship or the baby after this. You need to think twice before taking any steps, if you go too much like detective, she can file protective order against you or report you like a stalker. Just FYI and good luck

I am currently under the process of divorce, my wife being the visa holder. After I left the house due to the fact that I was suspicious of her elaborating a case of abuse against me (in Puerto Rico it is under the law #54), she sold everything I had (personal belongings, things which I had before the marriage, making them private) and I filed a complaint in the police department. This is just so you can get an idea of the immigrant which is right now gaining access to U.S. citizenship.

What concerns me is that I know she is currently pregnant of a man whom I know the name. I even know what gender will the baby be. I want to know how can I get evidence that she is pregnant or evidence that she had a daughter?

In Puerto Rico, as well as the U.S., having an extra-marital child is hard evidence of poligamy, and is punishable by law. I need to present this to the local immigration office and to the divorce court as well.

What are you asking about. Sounds like a "normal" fuked up latin marriage.

It's not polygamy in the US anyway.

Adultery really don't count much.

Edited by Dakine

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They would have to be married for it be polygamy...

There are some areas of the US where this is not uncommon, Mormon Fundamentalists for example.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

hmmm how far along is she on the pregnacy? If you know it's not yours, go to court...they could order a paternity test....but even those are messed up sometimes. I know you dont want to be strapped with child support on this...unfortunately the only legal way to do it is through the courts and a court order.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
They would have to be married for it be polygamy...

There are some areas of the US where this is not uncommon, Mormon Fundamentalists for example.

Yes, it is only polygamy if she is married to more than one man. Otherwise, it's adultery, which is grounds for divorce by "fault" in Puerto Rico. If found guilty of adultery, she could lose all interest in community property and any claim to alimony. I don't know if adultery is a crime in Puerto Rico that could affect her immigration status, though.

Polygamy is not really common anywhere in the US, including amongst Mormon fundamentalists. There is no part of the US where polygamy is not a crime. There are a number of religions that either don't forbid or actually endorse polygamy (usually polygyny - one man with multiple wives), including the LDS church (Mormon) and Islam, but these religions simply allow polygamy - they don't require it, so this aspect of their religion is not practiced in the US.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

She can have kids with 13 Saudi princes and it's NOT polygamy.

Polygamy is when she joins one of their harems (by marriage), kid or no kid.

Best of luck with getting kid's DNA testing.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

hmmm how far along is she on the pregnacy? If you know it's not yours, go to court...they could order a paternity test....but even those are messed up sometimes. I know you dont want to be strapped with child support on this...unfortunately the only legal way to do it is through the courts and a court order.

If you know the baby isn't yours you definitely want do get a paternity test otherwise you will be ordered to pay child support for the next 18 years. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
Sounds like a "normal" fuked up latin marriage.

Whoa - where the heck did this stereotype come from? That comment was absolutely necessary and certainly didn't help the OP.

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Please refrain from stereotyping a whole culture with racist comments. Racist comments are a violation of TOS for Visa Journey and are not acceptable.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Please refrain from stereotyping a whole culture with racist comments. Racist comments are a violation of TOS for Visa Journey and are not acceptable.

Latin is not a race

So not applicable

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Semantics doesn't change the issue. Do not repeat the offense.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Semantics doesn't change the issue. Do not repeat the offense.

What offence?

None mentioned.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had a friend who got pregnant by another man during their divorce. They had to wait till the baby was born before the divorce could be finalized. And, after the baby was assigned a guardian ad litem.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

There are a number of religions that either don't forbid or actually endorse polygamy (usually polygyny - one man with multiple wives), including the LDS church (Mormon)

Actually they began forbidding it in the 1800s. It was a condition of Utah statehood. They excommunicate practitioners of polygamy these days, which explains the main reason for Mormon fundamentalists' existence. Mormons are already pretty conservative; fundamentalism wouldn't otherwise be needed.

Edited by toma1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.