djcess

Tattoos on medical

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got too paranoid huh? :blush: kitkat1, you made me realize I asked a dumb question (and worrying over nothing..!) :P I better go now.. :lol:

NO NO!! No dumb questions - this process is a mystery to all of us and we are continually freaking out over tiny details. Better to ask and be reassured then to mess up big time. Good news for you is that you can relax!!!

yeah, thank you all for that! Just wait after my interview on august 9, i will be posting another serious question and end up laughing at myself again! :lol: Man, my paranoia is killing me :wacko:

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If a tatoo had political significance--like something that identified the person as a member of a terrorist group, a gang, or a Nazi, I think the US government would want to know about it.

Perhaps that is why the doctor is required to note any distinguishing marks--such as tatoos.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah, and if you have one of those tattoos of Fat Albert smoking a blunt, they probably know to double-check the drug test results ;)

I am not a practicing attorney. I have a law degree and I passed the bar exam, but am not admitted to practice because I got a job in legal publishing and haven't gotten around to applying for my license yet. Publishing is great, but it does not make you qualified to give legal advice. So I don't. I just want to get married to my fella, which is why I'm here! If you need legal help, seek the advice of a licensed attorney.

Timeline of the Tigre

September 2004 - Tigre meets Dan while prowling about aimlessly

December 2004 - Dan visits Tigreland, USA

May 2005 - Tigre goes to England, Dan pops the question!

December 2005 - Christmas in England with Tigre and Dan

May 19th 2006 - Dan and Tigre's K1 petition received by VSC

May 25th 2006 - NOA1 issued...we're on our way!

June 20 2006 - RFE sent by VSC

June 26 2006 - RFE returned Express to VSC

July 10 2006 - NOA2...let's go check out the NVC!

July 17 2006 - email from NVC--case was sent to London!

July 21 2006 - Dan, meet Packet 3!

August 4, 2006 - Packet 3 returned

August 16, 2006 - sassy Tigre emails the embassy "just making sure the packet got there"

August 17, 2006 - Embassy e-mails back: Packet 4 is on its way!

Medical: August 24

Interview: September 15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

They only need to check for birth marks, scars and tattoos to make you identifiable should anything horrible happen to you and you can't be ID'ed. That's what the doctor told me.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
It does make sense to make a note of it as a distinguishing mark - and nothing more!

Though if it was a tattoo of ALF and Gary Coleman.. they may require a waiver. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

(I really should be sleeping now)

Gary Coleman......... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Not to worry about a tattoo or a few for that matter. Mr. Bruce has quite a large one, and no one even as much as blinked an eye about it.

As for the smoking that was mentioned before-although he will not admit to such a thing, I am sure that Mr. Bruce smokes at least 2 packs a day. However, I would think that this may even work is his favor, as the gov't will make mucho deniero off of the tobacco taxes...bad for his health, but good for them... :whistle:

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

I got 2 tattoos myself, and one of them was when I went with my BF in chicago, we both got a significant tattoo to have a little piece of each other permanently on us. The funny thing would be if I got any disease because of that ( no worries, I double checked and made sure everything was sterilized) would be kinda odd to be denied since I would have got it from the USA.....haha

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: Timeline
Good day everyone! I just had my medical 2 days ago. I read somewhere that it is a problem if you have tattoos. Well, the doctor asked me if I had a tattoo on my eyebrows.. Stuttering, I said yes. But I had it a long time ago like I was still in high school. Cosmetic tattoo is different from others right? I asked her if that was a problem, she said no. But i'm still worried. Will it cause me a denial on my visa? :(

I think you should be OK. Big difference in having your eyebrows filled in and have Property of Hells Angels" on your butt. LOL Having a tattoo in of itself isn't reason to deny a visa, but like other have said depending on the type of tattoo it could raise red flags in other areas.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

wow, that's really weird

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

One of the couples on here had matching tattoos. So sweet!

We almost got our astrological signs when I was with him last, but he decided he didn't want that as a tattoo, which is totally ok with me: if you're at all unsure of whether you want one, don't get them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I like the "Luz" tattoo on gary's :whistle: *SWEET* :luv:

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Only slightly related to the thread...I was thinking about it as I read this. I think my wife, Katya, is the first girl I've been with since 8th grade that DID NOT have a tattoo. I hadn't thought of that until now!

Anyways...Joel's random thoughts...

Joel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My now hubby and I got tattoos matching 2 weeks after we first met, and before we were engaged. That kinda sealed the deal for me, that was back in May 2002. Nothing was ever said at my medical.

Jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.