meowmeowmeow

Enraptured's Hubby's Interview

54 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Hey guys,

In 3 hours and counting, my husband will be at the embassy trying to get his interview over and done with. I would highly appreciate any good thoughts, karma, vibes, and prayers that you may have to send our way. I am pretty nervous and trying not to be too happy or too sad....expecting the worst and hoping for the best, so to speak....

I talked to another immigration attorney today, who is one of my best friend's friends and did her own case with her hubby and she has reassured me that things are fine for me. My hubby has printed out over 100+ pages of proof, from my plane tickets/itineraries/ticket stubs, mutual bus tickets of ours from this past spring, emails, a few chat logs, some affidavits, some copies of essential documents that we already sent, a letter from me about my crappy T-mobile situation and how that is why I don't have any phone records from 2006-2008, pictures (he said 97 of them), etc.

My main worry, after talking to this immigration attorney, is that hubby doesn't have any certified copies of our marriage certificate....I did email him the scanned copy of the translated and notarized copy that I have, but since I gave everything to NVC and USCIS already, I am hoping that they won't give him any ####### for this? That hypothetically, they'd have everything with them already?

Argh...am I just psyching myself out too much?

I feel that we've done all we can at this point, the rest is up to the interviewer and God, I suppose.

Thanks....

Enraptured :(

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

sending you good vibes, and wishing you luck. i know how nerve wracking the interviews are. hope everything works out for you :thumbs: looking forward to the good news!!!

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good luck enraptured :thumbs:

Looking forward to hearing the good news soon :yes:

NVC:

2009-09-11 - NVC received.

2009-12-17 - Case complete e-mail message, sign in failed on website and AVR... YAY!

2009-12-17 - Waiting for an appointment assignment...

2009-12-29 - Interview assigned: February 11, 2010!

2010-01-06 - Case forwarded to consulate.

Consulate:

2010-01-12 - Medical exam part 1 of 2 complete.

2010-01-26 - Medical exam part 2 of 2 complete. Ouchie!

2010-02-11 - Interview results: Administrative Processing 221(g) :-(

2010-04-27 - 2nd interview results: Approved :-)

2010-05-04 - Visa in hand!

2010-05-08 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Good luck to your hubby! I hope everything goes well!!!!!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Good vibes heading at ya!!! You'll be fine!!!!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Don't sweat any original documents submitted at NVC timetick -

He'll get the marriage cert back after the interview.

For Good Karma - please wear a pink bodysuit? (Pink is colour of approval, at least at GUZ ) .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

thanks guys (F)(F) i don't think i'll be sleeping at all tonight and will probably lurk around, so will give a live update hahaha...how lame ;)

but, seriously, does anyone think that the fact that my husband doesn't have anything in regards to our marriage paperwork might pose an issue? i would have had to appoint someone in turkey power of attorney to go to the city hall where we married and get our marriage certificate, and that was a headache that i couldn't get through quickly enough....arghh...

i probably will need to do this anyways, in case we lose our main marriage certificate book, but i'd like to do that when i have the time and leisure to do so...

alright, im gonna stuff my face with chocolate and wait :D

Don't sweat any original documents submitted at NVC timetick -

He'll get the marriage cert back after the interview.

For Good Karma ™ - please wear a pink bodysuit? (Pink is colour of approval, at least at GUZ ) .

lol....i dont have one, but i do have a pink scarf?

Timeline:

TBC....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good luck! I hope everything goes well.

It sounds like ya'll have a lot of evidence, so that is really good. Don't stress about the certificate. I sent all the originals to the NVC center too. The embassy had the documents. It'll be fine. Worse case would be him having to get another one from the court; which he probably won't have to do...so, don't worry.

Hopefully you won't have to wait long for the good news. :-)

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hey guys,

In 3 hours and counting, my husband will be at the embassy trying to get his interview over and done with. I would highly appreciate any good thoughts, karma, vibes, and prayers that you may have to send our way. I am pretty nervous and trying not to be too happy or too sad....expecting the worst and hoping for the best, so to speak....

I talked to another immigration attorney today, who is one of my best friend's friends and did her own case with her hubby and she has reassured me that things are fine for me. My hubby has printed out over 100+ pages of proof, from my plane tickets/itineraries/ticket stubs, mutual bus tickets of ours from this past spring, emails, a few chat logs, some affidavits, some copies of essential documents that we already sent, a letter from me about my crappy T-mobile situation and how that is why I don't have any phone records from 2006-2008, pictures (he said 97 of them), etc.

My main worry, after talking to this immigration attorney, is that hubby doesn't have any certified copies of our marriage certificate....I did email him the scanned copy of the translated and notarized copy that I have, but since I gave everything to NVC and USCIS already, I am hoping that they won't give him any ####### for this? That hypothetically, they'd have everything with them already?

Argh...am I just psyching myself out too much?

I feel that we've done all we can at this point, the rest is up to the interviewer and God, I suppose.

Thanks....

Enraptured :(

No, if they already have this it is not necessary. I would not worry about this, it seems like you have enough evidence to document your relationship. I am sure you will be hearing about his approval soon. All the best, and I am confident it will be a success :).

Star

Timeline

thanks to all of you who have responded :)(F)

i don't know where i would have been if it wasn't for this site's great tips and kind posters like you all (F) i know we are all in the same boat, but i do appreciate your presence...it's helped put a lot of things in perspective, and in some sad way, helps me feel a bit better knowing there are other people out there who know what i'm going through. most people in my life cannot fathom the nightmare this process is....

hoping to share good news soon (F)

Timeline:

TBC....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Insha'allah, he will pass the interview with flying colors and you'll get good news from him (F)

Remember the hard part of getting to the interview stage is long over.........it's just a matter of time WHEN he will be home with you :)

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Good Luck!!!! Praying everything goes smooth

12/07/2009 - POE LAX

12/16/2009 - Received GC in mail

Removal Of Conditions 09-09-2011

09-09-2011 : Mailed ROC packet

09-12-2011 : Packet Arrived CSC (delayed from labor day long weekend)

09-14-2011 : Check Cashed

09-14-2011 : NOA1 dated 09-12-2011

09-19-2011 : Early walk-in Biometrics completed (Original date 10/03/2011)

02-07-2012 : Green Card Approved

02-11-2012 : Green Card Received

Citizenship

09-07-2012 : Mailed N-400 package

09-10-2012 : N-400 Package delivered

09-13-2012 : Check cashed, email and text received with case number

09-14-2012 : Biometrics letter mailed

09-15-2012 : NOA received dated 09-10

09-17-2012 : Biometrics letter received for 09-27

02-25-2013 : Interview Passed - Original interview was 01-07-2013 but was out of country so postponed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.