heartRN

evidence of engagement to fiancee

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello all,

My fiancee and I don't have any evidence of engagement. We never had a party or any sort of ceremony. We simply made that decision together. Of course we have a lot of pictures together, airplane receipts, phone bills, etc.

I am wondering if this is going to be a problem.

I would appreciate hearing from someone that already went through this process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I assume that you are preparing to file the I-129F. It does not require you to prove that you are engaged. You do need to prove that you have met face to face within the last two years. That is the evidence (boarding pass, passport stamp) that you need to submit.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline
I assume that you are preparing to file the I-129F. It does not require you to prove that you are engaged. You do need to prove that you have met face to face within the last two years. That is the evidence (boarding pass, passport stamp) that you need to submit.

We just used her plane tickets (boarding pass), dated pictures, and the visa waiver she got when she came to visit.

• 2009-06-06 - Kati flew here to be with me for 2 weeks
  • 2009-06-10 - Propose at Hot Springs pool
  • 2009-06-18 - Sent I-129F
  • 2009-06-23 - Received NOA1
  • 2009-12-18 NOA2 Received (FINALLY)
  • 2009-10-17 - Received letter from NVC
  • 2009-10-21 - Received Packet 3
  • 2009-10-30 - Sent in Packet 3
  • 2009-11-04 - Received Packet 4
  • 2009-11-09 - Interview
  • 2009-11-11 - Kati flew to US
  • 2009-11-16 - Marriage License Issued
  • 2009-11-19 - Married
  • 2010-01-13 - Sent AOS to Chicago (Express)
  • 2010-01-15 - AOS Package signed for
  • 2010-02-02 - Medical RFE
  • 2010-02-05 - Biometrics Appointment
  • 2010-04-17 - Initial Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The proof that you are engaged are the two signed statements (called "letters of intent" on this site) that you include with your petition. If you both sign a statement saying you are engaged and intend to marry, then you are engaged and intend to marry. :thumbs:

You say you never had a party or ceremony - what country is your fiancee from? In some countries, a formal engagement (with a ceremony and party) can be a big deal at the consulate.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello all,

My fiancee and I don't have any evidence of engagement. We never had a party or any sort of ceremony. We simply made that decision together. Of course we have a lot of pictures together, airplane receipts, phone bills, etc.

The ONLY thing USCIS requires is that you prove you have met in person at least one time in the last two years and the each of you sign a "fiancee letter of intent" of which there is an excellent example here at this site in the example forms. That is all the "evidence of engagement" you need.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Hello all,

As others have stated, nothing needed for USCIS however I do not know what is expected by the consulate in Brazil. You may want to check out the Brazil related regional forum and see from others from that country if that is expected at the interview stage.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all,

I may be a little late on this posting but this what has been transpiring at the Embassy in Brazil - If that is correct according to baron555 [if your fiancée is from Brazil]. Besides the other statements about USCIS [they are all correct], she may be asked by the consul about your "engagement". I been hearing this repeatedly by individuals that have passed the interview.

But, no need to worry, you have evidence, pictures, airfares, emails, post card, etc..

Best of luck

vp

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The term "Evidence of Engagement" is never used by USCIS but is often seen on P3 instruction letters from Consulates. Generally, they are simply referring to evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship. If you are seeing this term on a Consulate's website or correspondence, that's what it means in general.

For filing the initial petition, the signed letters of intent and evidence of meeting in person at least once during the past two years is all the evidence related to the relationship that is needed. Other evidence needed is that of being free to marry and the Petitioner's US citizenship.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hi, me and my fiance are engaged but we dont have any parties and stuff,, but we have a ring in my finger when he proposed. u think i will be ask for some ther documents of being engaged?

The K1 guides explain exactly what will be needed with the petition:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

The consular officer may ask for evidence of your relationship at the interview. Exactly what they expect varies from one country to another. Read the Philippines regional forum for specific information about what the consulate in Manila likes to see:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Also, next time you have a question please start a new topic, rather than resurrecting a topic that's already two years old. Things occasionally change in the process, and the answers to a question posted two years ago might not be accurate if the same question were asked today.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.