NickD

Movie Rental

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Use to have about a dozen places in town, now down to just one, but seems recently, not even any good movies to rent. Trend now is to download movies, see lots of places on the net. Told my wife, we can huddle around her laptop, that would be the easiest, but she likes our ten foot screen. This would mean getting yet another computer with a video output and an adapter, putting that in our home theater room, running an internet cable, and maybe even waiting half a day to download a movie.

We did cancel all of our so-called premium cable channels, show the same movies again and again for six months in a roll. To watch the comedy specials, need a vomit bag handy for the subjects they discuss that are suppose to be funny. Could read a book, that is what we use to do.

Is this just us?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

or you could get a netflix account.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Red Box? They're at every Jewel Osco store - new DVDs, I think some you can even reserve online. $1/day rental.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Red Box? They're at every Jewel Osco store - new DVDs, I think some you can even reserve online. $1/day rental.

Choice with red box is limited to the most recent popular releases, many of which are not very good. Netflix is way better.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Survival of the fittest

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-23

NVC Received : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-11-06

Consulate Received : 2009-11-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-27

Interview Date : 2009-12-16

Interview Result : APPROVED

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 66 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 120 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Survival of the fittest

maybe they should apply for a bailout :jest:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Look out for Redbox

They are in a lot of supermarkets, Grocery Stores, I started to even see then at the entrance of Some Walmarts.

$1 a movie for the night then return it the next day before 9pm.

Gone but not Forgotten!

Does this 'survival of the fittest' serve the consumer well when the end result appears to be the creation of meganopolies? Sure, whilst the game is on, the consumer has a fine old time but once the monopolies are created where's the choice then? Very flawed system as the end result appears to me to be survival of the cheapest which isn't what everyone wants ;)

Oh, so far Netflix serves well.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Use to have about a dozen places in town, now down to just one, but seems recently, not even any good movies to rent. Trend now is to download movies, see lots of places on the net. Told my wife, we can huddle around her laptop, that would be the easiest, but she likes our ten foot screen. This would mean getting yet another computer with a video output and an adapter, putting that in our home theater room, running an internet cable, and maybe even waiting half a day to download a movie.

We did cancel all of our so-called premium cable channels, show the same movies again and again for six months in a roll. To watch the comedy specials, need a vomit bag handy for the subjects they discuss that are suppose to be funny. Could read a book, that is what we use to do.

Is this just us?

You don't need to get a new computer or even a new video adapter to watch downloaded movies. You simply need nero or some sort of video DVD burning program. You can write the movies onto a DVD and watch it on your big screen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

NETFLIX baby!

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail