Gary and Alla

K-1 petition information

136 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have not seen my fíancee since november so i understand.it has already been 5 months passed since I filed I-129F and I keep calling and they keep telling me call next week,short delay...blah blah.I'll pray for u,please hope for myself and Alexandra my fiancee as well. I need more patience as it's thin now.thank you

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Wow..what a great and informative interview. Thank you so much, there were more than one question/answers that hit home for me.

I-129F

July of 2010: We met in Eritrean when I was on vacation.

August of 2010: Returned to U.S and we spoke on the phone everyday and still do (very costly).

December of 2010 to January 2011: went back to Eritrea to see him.

January 11, 2011- Engaged.

March 2, 2011: I-129F sent

March 13, 2012: Second interview. Placed on Administrative Processing.

October 16, 2012: Case sent back to USCIS

November 16, 2012 Case reaffirmed and sent back to the Department of State (according to the USCIS SITE)

November 28, 2012 Vermont Service Center received Petition back from Embassy.

March 2013- Returned K1 validity expired. Here we go again.... !

I-130

March 15, 2013 Married

April 29, 2013 Filed I-130

May 2, 2013: Received NOA1 via text/email

May 6, 2013: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail

XX- X, 2013: NVC received file

XX- X, 2013: NVC case number assigned

Thanks Gary! This was a fantastic posting - so helpful! And I love the "#######" definition of some consulates!:devil:

04/14/2012 - I129-F sent out

04/20/2012 - NOA1 receipt date

04/24/2012 - NOA1 (email/text) received

04/27/2012 - NOA1 hard copy

10/15/2012 - NOA2 receipt date

10/16/2012 - NOA2 (email/text) received

event.png

event.png

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

It's really precious to read what's needed to file the K-1. thanks for the infos!

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Packet 3 received May 25th 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

I'm not a reference between packet 3 and 4. Some papers were missing so things were delayed.

Approved
See Timeline for update

RFE another child to add delays the case

Green Card received 18 July 2014 Almost a year! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a general question. Does anyone know the methods used in processing a specific I-129F petition? Do they categorize them in a specific way? I guess what I want to know is why or how does a petition get approved faster than another, if filed and opened at the same time? Does age of the parties involved matter or is it based on who's previously married or who has kids? What would cause a petition to get approved in 3 months while others are still pending? Hope my overall question is clear. thanks for any insight.

Chris&Kath

Timeline

I have a general question. Does anyone know the methods used in processing a specific I-129F petition? Do they categorize them in a specific way? I guess what I want to know is why or how does a petition get approved faster than another, if filed and opened at the same time? Does age of the parties involved matter or is it based on who's previously married or who has kids? What would cause a petition to get approved in 3 months while others are still pending? Hope my overall question is clear. thanks for any insight.

I would like to say I did read the very first post, which was very helpful. But I also noted it is from 2009 so I want to verify that those responses to the questions are still fair and valid today. Thanks.

Chris&Kath

Timeline

I forgot to ask a question, you all seem to know where your case is taken care of : Vermont, Texas etc... How do you know that?

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

I'm not a reference between packet 3 and 4. Some papers were missing so things were delayed.

Approved
See Timeline for update

Timeline

I forgot to ask a question, you all seem to know where your case is taken care of : Vermont, Texas etc... How do you know that?

The bottom of my NOA1, also called I-797C Notice of Action for my I-129F has the address of my service center at the bottom left corner of the page.

Chris&Kath

Timeline

Oh ok! Thank you!!

NOA1 August 6 2012
NOA2 April 16 2013

NVC April 22 2013

Interview July 11th 2013

Approved
See Timeline for update

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Why is Vermont Service Center running so far behind California? Must be a logical explanation that they suddenly have fewer K-1 Visa's to process but jumped in last place a month or more behind California Service Center. Will this trend continue and the gap increase? It was so dramatic that I am just curious what administration in Vermont is up against that we do not know. Any information would be informative. Maybe an answer has been posted and I have missed reading. If so direct me to the explanation. Thanks again for your help in so many ways.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I would like to say I did read the very first post, which was very helpful. But I also noted it is from 2009 so I want to verify that those responses to the questions are still fair and valid today. Thanks.

Yes. We are still acquainted with the same people and others and still in regular contact. Nothing has changed in the procedures. Timing will always vary based on workload. The new changes for illegal immigrants who came as youths to apply for work permits will not help.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Please, everyone, do NOT post your individual case situations or questions in this thread. This thread is not meant to answer your individual inquiries or to post your personal circumstances. It is a thread that reports first hand information received from the Director at the Virginia Service Center. This information is provided for your awareness, but there are no resources available here to address any personal issues or concerns. If you have general or generic questions about the process that Gary may be able to ask the Director sometime, you can post those here, but please start your own individual threads to discuss personal circumstances and situations.

I am now splitting out the individual case situations and creating individual threads for those questions and situations so as to maintain the intent of this particular thread.

Thank you.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have split off a number of questions and answers into their own threads as well as removed a number of older or unrelated questions that had no answers. To prevent a build-up of case specific comments here again, I am closing this thread to further discussion at this time. Gary has informed me that he has no new details to relate but will let me know when he does so I can re-open the thread for his updates.

Please, everyone- if you want answers to your questions, start your own thread in the forum. That way you will get specific information to your situation and it will probably be answered faster and in greater detail than it would posted here.

VJ Moderation Team

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

My fiancee is applying for a K1 and K2 visa for me. Before He will pass our application, I get to wander that I am here in Hongkong working at the same time while the visa is in the process, but my children lives in the Philippines.

How do you think that this will work? My children received an interview schedule in the immigration (Philippines) and I will also receive an interview schedule in Hongkong? Is this possible?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.