devilfishlane

Divorce,child, and illegal in USA

31 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

FWIW, I am not sure she needs a letter from you to depart the USA with the child.....

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
FWIW, I am not sure she needs a letter from you to depart the USA with the child.....

Depart no...enter another country, it depends. I have to have a letter to ENTER Canada when I visit. Just my experience.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Depart no...enter another country, it depends. I have to have a letter to ENTER Canada when I visit. Just my experience.

Unless the child also has a Colombian passport (since dual citizenship is a possibility here but a fact not yet disclosed)

YMMV

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Unless the child also has a Colombian passport (since dual citizenship is a possibility here but a fact not yet disclosed)

True.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

GET A ATTORNEY QUICK!!!!!!!!!!! As I have run into the situation where you come home, and wife and kids gone, 20,000 dollars later Investagators found her in Washington state. This episode with US woman, ended up costing me about 35,000 in legal fee's mainly because there was no order before she left. It was a nightmare part of my life. A temporary order is needed quickly!!

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

get a lawyer ASAP, your case seems quite complex and i doubt any advice on this board will help much.

sorry to hear about all this, it truly sound like a mess :(

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

child abduction laws have changed in recent years to prevent exactly this kind of occurence.

in any case, get a custody order thru a good atty now. establish a "satus quo", and any change in the situation will be hard for her to arrange. the court will not automatically give her custody. the child is a US citizen and you have documantary evidence that her family will interfere with your relationship with the child. this is enough in a pennsylvania court.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That's right, don't file for her AOS, get a divorce and sole custody of the child. :angry:

I hope she is smart enough to claim abuse and get herself a GC on VAWA.

What you are doing is abuse:

- withholding AOS so that she can not work and support herself

- planning to take her child away (sole custody eh?)

- recording what's going on in your household without her knowledge - effectively, a set-up.

Children of soft age are traditionally awarded to mothers, so yes, you'll need a lawyer to pull this off and you will need a psychiatrist for your child and yourself if you succeed with your evil plan. :devil:

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
That's right, don't file for her AOS, get a divorce and sole custody of the child. :angry:

Actually abuse or trying to protect himself & his child, it really comes down to a point of view.

She wants their child isolated from him, that is not good parenting.

She has threatened to go "off the grid" living in cramped conditions with the kid and working illegally until she can return with the child to her country where her family would have no problem preventing him from seeing his own child.

She is here illegally.

She has made it clear she plans to return to her country, why would he complete the GC EAD process for her?

She has made it clear she intends to isolate the child from him, he's seeking to preserve his "Daddy Rights".

- recording what's going on in your household without her knowledge - effectively, a set-up.

Depending on what state he lives in this might be inadmissable in court or even criminal. He needs to find out if his state is a full disclosure or single consent state for recording phone calls. Really at the start of each phone call he should just say "This call might be recorded, by continuing to talk you are giving informed consent to recording." They'll more than likely ignore his statement but it will serve as consent so he can use it in court in any state.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

She has a plan of leaving the country with the child.

If all he wants is to preserve his daddy's rights he should get joint custody and file AOS for her.

That way she will have a choice to stay in the US with the child and support herself.

She has made it clear she plans to return to her country, why would he complete the GC EAD process for her?

She has made it clear she intends to isolate the child from him, he's seeking to preserve his "Daddy Rights".

[

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Hello

We have a child(15 months old) that was born in her home country where we lived for 2 yrs. prior. The child has a US passport.

A US court will normally not allow a US citizen child to be taken out of the US in a custody case, unless there is clear evidence that the child will do better in the other country. I doubt Columbia falls into that category. So you might get custody.

Being that the child was born in Columbia, she can use the birth certificate to obtain a Columbian passport for the child. Once she gets the child to Columbia, you are out of luck if you want to get it back, especially if she doesnt want to.

She also doesn't need any documents to walk into Mexico with the child. Once there, she can get on a plane to Columbia.

Watch out and get a good lawer.

H.

AOS Timeline

11/29/07 - Fedex'd to Lockbox (Chicago)

12/3/07 - Delivery confirmation..........

12/21/07 - Checks cashed!!!

01/10/08 Paper NOA1 for daughter received - Postmarked 12/20/07

MSC# on back of check doesn't match MSC# on NOA.

01/31/08 Still no news for wife. All three numbers still come up red on-line.

02/26/08 Called USCIS 800 number. Very friendly and helpful individual and supervisor.

Found out correct MSC numbers. Also found out that we missed the Bio!

We never received any appointment letter. (Originally set for January)

Went to local support office and asked about re-scheduling the Bio. Very nice manager at the office

did our Bio then and there, without having to wait since they were not busy.

April 8 and still waiting.......

May 11....and waiting, and waiting...not even a touch.

May 24 received NOA2 appointment for Interview for 30 July. Web page still not updated.

July 30 - Interview. APPROVED. Green card will be sent.

9/12/08 Called USCIS asking where GC's are?

10/15/08 Get letter from USCIS that GC's were sent August 8. Never received them.

10/20/08 Sent forms and $740 for two new GC's.

11/7/08 Received confirmation of receipt for new GC's.

11/12/08 Received BIO appointment.

11/25/08 Bio done.

Waiting, waiting, waiting

January 2009 finally received GC!

May 3 2010 Filed for Removal of Conditions.

June 21 Bio appointment.

August 11 Approval letter. No Interview.

August 21 - 10 Year card received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Depending on what state he lives in this might be inadmissable in court or even criminal. He needs to find out if his state is a full disclosure or single consent state for recording phone calls. Really at the start of each phone call he should just say "This call might be recorded, by continuing to talk you are giving informed consent to recording." They'll more than likely ignore his statement but it will serve as consent so he can use it in court in any state.

Some states have laws requiring all parties to know that the conversation is being recorded in order for it to be legal. These are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington. Other states only require one party to know about the recording.

However, most states make exceptions when kidnapping, extortion, or other criminal activity is involved, and where all parties in the conversation may be culpable in the crime. In those cases, the conversation can legally be recorded without anyone involved in the conversation knowing about it, and the recordings are admissible as evidence.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some states have laws requiring all parties to know that the conversation is being recorded in order for it to be legal. These are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington. Other states only require one party to know about the recording.

However, most states make exceptions when kidnapping, extortion, or other criminal activity is involved, and where all parties in the conversation may be culpable in the crime. In those cases, the conversation can legally be recorded without anyone involved in the conversation knowing about it, and the recordings are admissible as evidence.

This is not the OJ Simpson trial. It's cival court. The judge can hear and listen to whatever evidence he wants to. Take Florida off your list, I know as a fact your not correct. Anyway, if this guy is the Child's biological father and his name is on the childs birth certificate, then he can take the child right now and hide it from her if he wants to. Its not kidnapping either. Here is what I would do. Get a lawyer, file for divorce and custody. Now she or him cant take the child out of the country or the State they live in as long as there is a pending case in court involving the custody of the child. If the child is taken from the State or Country, then the parent doing the taking can be charged with kidnapping and an FBI warrant will be issued. Columbia and US have pretty good relations these days, I think they would co-operate with the FBI. Both parents should get joint custody. This can be arranged regardless if she is here or back in Columbia. Vice versa too, maybe this guy is a psycho, I dont know , it will all come out in the divorce hearing. Maybe she will get primary custody? But her immigration status and the custody of the child are 2 different things. But in the end, whats best for the child can help her stay here and even get a visa or greencard without him.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Children of soft age are traditionally awarded to mothers, so yes, you'll need a lawyer to pull this off and you will need a psychiatrist for your child and yourself if you succeed with your evil plan. :devil:

#######, really uncalled for. Talk about jumping to conclusions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.