backinthestates

Lied on 1-130.. will i get into trouble if caught

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have 4 children to 2 different women in my country. I didn't put them on the i-130, will i get into trouble if I was found out. My X is treatening me with child support and wants to find me overseas here in the usa, will i get into trouble for lying on my i-130?

I already have my greencard.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well since on the I130 it states where you sign:

"YOUR CERTIFICATION: I certify, under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America, that the foregoing is true and correct. Furthermore, I authorize the release of any information from my records that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services needs to determine eligiblity for the benefit that I am seeking."

I would say yes, you would be in trouble. Knowingly falsifying documents to the government is never a good idea!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

SO wait you made Babies and do not want to support them and on top of that you LIED? Not a good situation on both causes.

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

I have 4 children to 2 different women in my country. I didn't put them on the i-130, will i get into trouble if I was found out. My X is treatening me with child support and wants to find me overseas here in the usa, will i get into trouble for lying on my i-130?

OOOPPPPSSSSS :wacko:

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

"I love the smell of Troll in the morning!!!"

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

He's not asking us to judge him ffs.

To the OP, yes you can get in trouble for lying on the forms.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

If you lied on the I-130 and obtained a visa through that application, they will revoke the visa and subsequent GC and remove you from the USA.

If you get as far as getting citizenship before it is found out than that citizenship can be revoked.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
:pop:

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Timeline

what do you think?

wait. off topic.

Yes, you are in trouble and your green card can very possibly be revoked.

what do you think?

wait. off topic.

Queston: When you were filling out the forms, and knowing you were forgetting 2 kids, were you then thinking, "She will never find me in USA to collect child support" If so, pack the bags and surrender Greencard.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

what do you think?

wait. off topic.

Queston: When you were filling out the forms, and knowing you were forgetting 2 kids, were you then thinking, "She will never find me in USA to collect child support" If so, pack the bags and surrender Greencard.

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It is entirely possible that the OP is not the biological father in which case he has not lied. OP have you ever had a DNA test establishing paternity? :whistle:

lolfs.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.