pooja

Denial of AOS due to withdrawl of Affadavit of Support

30 posts in this topic

since your 485 will be denied, and you still obviously want a green card, I suggest that you talk to lawyer about VAWA. He will tell you the requirements of VAWA. There's a good chance you might get a green card this way. VAWA is dependent on many things, but among them are 2 crucial pieces of evidence: that your marriage was bona fide. that your marriage was abusive. If the judge is convinced by the evidence, you will get a green card.

consult with an immigration law attorney, who has experience with immigration court.

VAWA means violence against women act.

Come on now. Where does the OP even give the hint that she was abused? Are you actually suggesting fraud, or are you just not thinking before posting? :bonk:

24q38dy.jpg

since your 485 will be denied, and you still obviously want a green card, I suggest that you talk to lawyer about VAWA. He will tell you the requirements of VAWA. There's a good chance you might get a green card this way. VAWA is dependent on many things, but among them are 2 crucial pieces of evidence: that your marriage was bona fide. that your marriage was abusive. If the judge is convinced by the evidence, you will get a green card.

consult with an immigration law attorney, who has experience with immigration court.

Things didn't work out? That's ok, there's always VAWA, right?

If you didn't get a green card the right way, cry abuse and you may get one. This kind of ####### can give the husband problems, but it doesn't matter as long as you get a green card, right? This post is obviously from an immigrant female. I don't envy your husband.

OP,

Do you really want to be with a man who locks you out of the house and makes you live in a homeless shelter for a month and a half? Or is that you will do whatever it takes to get a green card?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Why would you purposely mess up the man's life with the vawa? He didn't commit any violence and SHE left.

Agreed 100%! :thumbs:

Think now if you really love him, cuz leaving and staying out for all that time seems like there is no love. And remember immigration will be paying attention to these details.

Good luck. :star::luv:

Edited by Lisa and Phil

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

I know its a very complicated situation. But we really want to get back together as we love each other very much. We are living together now. I just wanted to know if he is willing to make over the things now, then how can he do that? We cannot even think of living separetely. Also I went to my sister place to just to visit her . Therefore, I would be thankful if I can be helped in finding the ways to make this suitation better and everything becomes normal again.

Just file new I-485 and see what happens.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
OP,

Do you really want to be with a man who locks you out of the house and makes you live in a homeless shelter for a month and a half? Or is that you will do whatever it takes to get a green card?

eric-Pris said it before I could. You come here on a K visa to a new world. The gentleman who is supposed to be by your side for the rest of your lives abandons you the right at the beginning of your life's journey. How can you trust this relationship,. Unless obtaining the GC is too important to let go, I would suggest go back home. If I were you, I would not trust Such a relationship. I really feel sorry for you and hope that I am wrong and you sail through in life and in your relationship. I may not have credible advice for you, but I do wish you all the best.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
Hello All,

This is a very sad expereince. I came here on a K3 visa in Oct 2008 and applied AOS and EAD in November. I got my EAD on April this year but while the AOS was still pending, me and my husband had some issues because of his parents. As a result of this I went to my sisters place in New York for a few days to get relaxed from that situation. He also dropped me to Airport and told me to come back asap. But once I reached there he stopped communicating with me and finally at last I decided to come back myself on June 15th. But when I tried to call him from the airport, he did not pick the phone or came to receive me. I then took a cab and came back myself where he lives. But the house was locked and there was no one. Then finally his father came and told me that I cannot enter the house and told me to go back. I requested him that let me speak to my husband but he did not let me do that. Then finally I went to police for help. The police took me the shelter where I stayed for almost one and a half month. Then we decided to make over the things back and he requested to come back and I did come back on 24th July.

Then after a week I checked my mail and got to know that my AOS has been denied. Then I called him in his office and asked him what is that? Then after asking so many times he accepted that he has send a letter to USCIS that he wanted to withdraw his support and he is ending this relationship. He also told me that I had the AOS interview on June 11 which he never told me as I was in my sister's house at that time. I got so much shocked as a results of knowing all these fact, which he did not told me before. Now we want to know that in the present situation what are our options. My concerns are:

1. Can we reschdule interview of our denied AOS. If yes then what are the chances of its approval?

2. As my AOS is denied would I be deported back to India and if yes then until when and what are my options to avaoid that?

3.If we had to reapply our AOS again then is it possible in this current situation? Can the same person can file for my AOS again?

4.If yes then what are the chances of its approval and what would be the imapcts of our previous denied AOS and the previous happening. Also since our marriage is almost two years and eight months, what type of green card would I receive? Is is two years or ten years? Also would all this developments would result in two years green card instead of ten?

5.Since I have my EAD would it be valid at present? Can I work on that?

If you know any other things about this situation then please help us.

We both love each other very much. Its all because of living with his parents. Please help us in getting us back together and making the things in place again.

Thanks in advance for all you help and support.

Pooja

what happened between you and your husbands parents what was the dissagreement about...i believe immigration deals with special circumstances but it has to be something major....so what happened?!!

Sophanna Ven

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
OP,

eric-Pris said it before I could. You come here on a K visa to a new world. The gentleman who is supposed to be by your side for the rest of your lives abandons you the right at the beginning of your life's journey. How can you trust this relationship,. Unless obtaining the GC is too important to let go, I would suggest go back home. If I were you, I would not trust Such a relationship. I really feel sorry for you and hope that I am wrong and you sail through in life and in your relationship. I may not have credible advice for you, but I do wish you all the best.

Exactly, and I am not so sure about refiling working either... Most of us could have, (with a desire to) worked for USCIS and be looking at your file and we are all looking at tons of red flags.... Who is to say they will even consider you for a min? My best advice is to seriously rethink whether you even want to be with him and if you do go talk to a lawyer. Your in the gray zone that people on vj can't help you with. Good luck

• 2 months later...
Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Hello All,

This is a very sad expereince. I came here on a K3 visa in Oct 2008 and applied AOS and EAD in November. I got my EAD on April this year but while the AOS was still pending, me and my husband had some issues because of his parents. As a result of this I went to my sisters place in New York for a few days to get relaxed from that situation. He also dropped me to Airport and told me to come back asap. But once I reached there he stopped communicating with me and finally at last I decided to come back myself on June 15th. But when I tried to call him from the airport, he did not pick the phone or came to receive me. I then took a cab and came back myself where he lives. But the house was locked and there was no one. Then finally his father came and told me that I cannot enter the house and told me to go back. I requested him that let me speak to my husband but he did not let me do that. Then finally I went to police for help. The police took me the shelter where I stayed for almost one and a half month. Then we decided to make over the things back and he requested to come back and I did come back on 24th July.

Then after a week I checked my mail and got to know that my AOS has been denied. Then I called him in his office and asked him what is that? Then after asking so many times he accepted that he has send a letter to USCIS that he wanted to withdraw his support and he is ending this relationship. He also told me that I had the AOS interview on June 11 which he never told me as I was in my sister's house at that time. I got so much shocked as a results of knowing all these fact, which he did not told me before. Now we want to know that in the present situation what are our options. My concerns are:

1. Can we reschdule interview of our denied AOS. If yes then what are the chances of its approval?

2. As my AOS is denied would I be deported back to India and if yes then until when and what are my options to avaoid that?

3.If we had to reapply our AOS again then is it possible in this current situation? Can the same person can file for my AOS again?

4.If yes then what are the chances of its approval and what would be the imapcts of our previous denied AOS and the previous happening. Also since our marriage is almost two years and eight months, what type of green card would I receive? Is is two years or ten years? Also would all this developments would result in two years green card instead of ten?

We both love each other very much. Its all because of living with his parents. Please help us in getting us back together and making the things in place again.

Pooja

I don't understand why would you want to stay with such person? Is GC that important to you? My advise to you girl, better get on with your life. Are you sure things will be back to normal after all this? I went through something similar and it was a hard decision to leave him, but it was the best decision in my life. It is best to get out of such relationships. At least you will have your peace of mind. I went through hell with person like your husband and I can only sympathize with you. My life is much better after I left him.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I went through a similar experience when I came to US as well. I used to get angry when I heard many other women were suffering like this. But you need to be wise and think about your future first more than anything else. My ex-husband and ex in-laws played the same tricks with me. I do not understand one thing though. If your husband could not stand up for you and didnt allow you to come the house for what seems like almost 2 months, how can you ever trust that he will support you in the future? You need to learn from the past experience and my best advise is to just move on with your life and leave him for good. You need to assert yourself and show that you dont need HIM or his parents to lead a succesfull life. Just walk away from this relationship peacefully if you can and down the road you will realize that it was the best decision you made. It might sound harsh and very difficult to take such decision but you have to be practical. Mental peace is lot more important than EAD or GreenCard.

Good Luck and let me know if I can further help you.

Hello All,

Pooja

I don't understand why would you want to stay with such person? Is GC that important to you? My advise to you girl, better get on with your life. Are you sure things will be back to normal after all this? I went through something similar and it was a hard decision to leave him, but it was the best decision in my life. It is best to get out of such relationships. At least you will have your peace of mind. I went through hell with person like your husband and I can only sympathize with you. My life is much better after I left him.

To the OP: I would consider getting help from an experienced immigration attorney. This isn't something I'd want to go alone.

SA4userbar.jpg

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

<!--quoteo(post=3172743:date=Aug 1 2009, 10:24 AM:name=soniew910)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (soniew910 @ Aug 1 2009, 10:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3172743"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->since your 485 will be denied, and you still obviously want a green card, I suggest that you talk to lawyer about VAWA. He will tell you the requirements of VAWA. There's a good chance you might get a green card this way. VAWA is dependent on many things, but among them are 2 crucial pieces of evidence: that your marriage was bona fide. that your marriage was abusive. If the judge is convinced by the evidence, you will get a green card.

VAWA means violence against women act.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Im shocked by what u advised this couple, NOWHERE DID SHE POST THE WORD ABUSE!! VAWA needs to be reviewed ASAP!

VAWA application are being totally abused...its the replacement path for Anchor babies ( from the 70's-80's). The min requirements for it are set to low....crazy

VAWA application are being totally abused...its the replacement path for Anchor babies ( from the 70's-80's). The min requirements for it are set to low....crazy

Bumping a thread from 2009 is weird. :unsure:

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

Filed: Other Timeline

Kathryn gave superb advice, as usual.

Aside from the fact that I see no merit to a VAWA case, it would even less be a viable option as the O.P. clearly stated that she wants to continue living together with her husband, as she does now.

O.P.,

you need to get an immigration attorney involved, even though filing for AOS is usually straight forward. I'm sure your husband will understand the necessity of that and will understand that the cost for this is money well spend. You also might want to have a serious one-on-one talk with your husband where you bring closure to the way he treated you and where you discuss what a life of you two together should look like. It's all too easy to lose focus if the couple has different ideas of a harmonious life. I'm not sure that you and your husband are on the same page. Hopefully, a separation from his parents will help him to focus on where his priorities lie.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Kathryn gave superb advice, as usual.

Aside from the fact that I see no merit to a VAWA case, it would even less be a viable option as the O.P. clearly stated that she wants to continue living together with her husband, as she does now.

O.P.,

you need to get an immigration attorney involved, even though filing for AOS is usually straight forward. I'm sure your husband will understand the necessity of that and will understand that the cost for this is money well spend. You also might want to have a serious one-on-one talk with your husband where you bring closure to the way he treated you and where you discuss what a life of you two together should look like. It's all too easy to lose focus if the couple has different ideas of a harmonious life. I'm not sure that you and your husband are on the same page. Hopefully, a separation from his parents will help him to focus on where his priorities lie.

Bob, this thread is 1 1/2 years old... :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Zombie Thread arrrrrrgh

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.