William Savage

K1 Filipina abandoned in U.S. Any advice welcomed!

125 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Have they filed a police report? He's probably decided not to marry, but leaving your cell phone and not able to be reached is serious. Is he not showing up to work?

Either way, while she is here she should try to get any necessary child support orders in place. If she's not married to the petitioner by 90 days she has to go home.

I am sorry about what happened but let's be realistic here; if the parents flew her here and took the responsibility over her they should take charge and return her home until things can be rectified legally. I mean I do not know an American that does not have any plastic or friends that would help them own up to this. It is just a matter of responsibility. Tickets are under $1,500.

We have laws and regulations in this awesome country for a reason and I do believe that we must honor those in order to preserve our way of living. I think that the parents should help her return home, that way when the citizen comes back to his senses he will be able to do the paperwork all over again and stay legal.

Way way under 1,500

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

I am sorry about what happened but let's be realistic here; if the parents flew her here and took the responsibility over her they should take charge and return her home until things can be rectified legally. I mean I do not know an American that does not have any plastic or friends that would help them own up to this. It is just a matter of responsibility. Tickets are under $1,500.

We have laws and regulations in this awesome country for a reason and I do believe that we must honor those in order to preserve our way of living. I think that the parents should help her return home, that way when the citizen comes back to his senses he will be able to do the paperwork all over again and stay legal.

Way way under 1,500

The USC will have some explaining to do, and this will likely impact his ability to petition another bride in the future. Filipina acted in good faith. I like the idea of her contacting the American Embassy if she cannot get back to her homeland with the 90 days.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
It is kind for the parents to be helping her out, but understandable they can't afford to send her back. No one knows where the fiance is? Is this a case of him running away or of foul play?

No there isn't any foul play. It's just a case of him running away from his life. He had been having a LOT of issues. In hindsight it's clear he didn't want her here. His parents actually paid to fly her and the boy here just a few days before the 6 month expiration of her visa...

That's so sad :(

Catholic Charities may be willing to help....

Exactly what I was thinking. Or St. Vincent de Paul Society.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Should definitely file for child support before going back.

She needs to contact Phillippine embassy as well. They can help her get back home along with charitable agency if the grandparents/inlaws bail.

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A little more info.... the parents paid for the tickets because that's what the USC told them he wanted. He just lost a job and couldn't pay for it, and her visa was about to expire. I won't post all the little details because it's not my place to do so without their knowledge or approval. That's why I've only given the basic overall facts of the situation. We just wanted to have some good advice to give her about her options should he not come back. We went through the K1 process and made sure to follow every letter of the law and we don't want to see her do anything illegal which would prevent her any future visas.

Way way under 1,500

The USC will have some explaining to do, and this will likely impact his ability to petition another bride in the future. Filipina acted in good faith. I like the idea of her contacting the American Embassy if she cannot get back to her homeland with the 90 days.

What US embassy? She is in the US, no US embassy here and they are already done with her - she got her visa and used it - she should maybe contact her country's embassy.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

A little more info.... the parents paid for the tickets because that's what the USC told them he wanted. He just lost a job and couldn't pay for it, and her visa was about to expire. I won't post all the little details because it's not my place to do so without their knowledge or approval. That's why I've only given the basic overall facts of the situation. We just wanted to have some good advice to give her about her options should he not come back. We went through the K1 process and made sure to follow every letter of the law and we don't want to see her do anything illegal which would prevent her any future visas.

I for one understand where your coming from, you will find some very helpful, intelligent members on VJ but unfortunately you will have some members who have no real advice, you have to disregard there worthless comments.

Your options are limited and it seems you have given her the best advice.

Best of luck.

Filed: Other Timeline
And if she stays she will not be able to adjust her status with ANYONE besides the original petioner. She and even the parents should have thought about this before placing her in this situation. And find the guy and string him up by the ba!!s

Why? If the dude doesn't want to marry her, you can't force him. It is not fair, but she has no recourse, sadly.

The man did right by not flying her to the US. Its not his fault.

An engagement is not a contract - Marriage is the contract.

Blame the parents and the girl.

I get tired of seeing these types of posts about people not leaving the US.

Child support is another issue.

Oh ffs.

They are the child's grandparents.

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
And if she stays she will not be able to adjust her status with ANYONE besides the original petioner. She and even the parents should have thought about this before placing her in this situation. And find the guy and string him up by the ba!!s

Why? If the dude doesn't want to marry her, you can't force him. It is not fair, but she has no recourse, sadly.

Oh ffs.

Exactly what I was going to say. They have a grandchild involved, I am sure they are upset too.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Oh ffs.

Exactly what I was going to say. They have a grandchild involved, I am sure they are upset too.

It just slays me that some people are so bitter in their perceptions of the US immigration system that they can't think past their own nose.

Your post is kinda cold! I dont see anything in the OP that really talks about doing something illegal or staying past the 90 days I don't see any value or help in your rear-minded post.

"A little more info.... the parents paid for the tickets because that's what the USC told them he wanted".

Hey Eddieboy hows that crow tast?

Your post is kinda cold! I dont see anything in the OP that really talks about doing something illegal or staying past the 90 days I don't see any value or help in your rear-minded post.

"A little more info.... the parents paid for the tickets because that's what the USC told them he wanted".

Hey Eddieboy hows that crow tast?

Maybe they thought if they brought the woman and child over here their son would grow a pair and take responsibility for them. Shame that he has not. Now at least four people are hurt by his actions.

I do think the kindest thing the grandparents could do is pay for the fare back to the Phillipines. But I don't fault them for trying to help in bringing her here.

As for judging others...........there is always karma.

No rational person just decides to run away while Pinay is in flight to US. THis USC is either on drugs, mentally unstable, or both. Very sad for the woman and child. What does it say for the future in marriage with the USC if he decides to wander back into town. Definitely not an auspicious sign. :blink:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.