William Savage

K1 Filipina abandoned in U.S. Any advice welcomed!

125 posts in this topic

Sorry nothing can be done about the K1 but here is a thought. A while back a woman in Chicago stayed at a church for like 6 months because she was going to be deported. She had children that were born here. ICE wouldnt come on the church grounds and arrest her, so there she stayed. She finally came out and was arrested but they didnt deport her, the reason, her children were USC's and you can't deport USC's. This lady had no one who would take her children, family that is. I would have her do some serious research in this line.

In the mean time, she needs to get a order of child support going. If she files in the Philippines the child support will be low, but if she files it here, it will be prolly double or tripple.

Edited by rmncm

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

Filed: Other Timeline
Sorry nothing can be done about the K1 but here is a thought. A while back a woman in Chicago stayed at a church for like 6 months because she was going to be deported. She had children that were born here. ICE wouldnt come on the church grounds and arrest her, so there she stayed. She finally came out and was arrested but they didnt deport her, the reason, her children were USC's and you can't deport USC's. This lady had no one who would take her children, family that is. I would have her do some serious research in this line.

In the mean time, she needs to get a order of child support going. If she files in the Philippines the child support will be low, but if she files it her, it will be prolly double or tripple.

Your advice about obtaining support is good.

The rest.........not so much.

In the mean time, she needs to get a order of child support going. If she files in the Philippines the child support will be low, but if she files it her, it will be prolly double or tripple.

Well about the woman in Chicago, I dont know what ever happened to her but I know they didnt deport her because of her USC children.....

04-12-08 Married

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

Sorry my memory fails me, I guess to many drugs in the past....

http://www.tothecenter.com/news.php?readmore=2966

Also research family reunification...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_reunification

Edited by rmncm

04-12-08 Married

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well about the woman in Chicago, I dont know what ever happened to her but I know they didnt deport her because of her USC children.....

Elvira Arellano was originally deported in 1997 after entering illegally, but she re-entered the US illegally and went to Chicago. She got caught up in a sweep at O'Hare Airport in 2002, but through legal maneuvering managed to get her deportation hearing delayed. She finally took refuge in Adalberto United Methodist Church on the west side of Chicago. Even though US law doesn't recognize the right of "sanctuary" in a church, ICE didn't charge in an arrest her because of the media attention. She managed to stay in the church for a year before sneaking away by car to Los Angeles.

Elvira Arellano took refuge at Our Lady Queen of Angels church in Los Angeles in the summer of 2007. She was arrested in front of the church in August and deported a few hours later. She was released in Tijuana.

Her son had nothing whatever to do with her not being deported. Federal agents had always intended to deport her as soon as they arrested her. A US citizen child does not convey any immigration rights on it's parents, and cannot petition for those parents until it is 21 years old.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

AND congress has specifically told judges not to take the status of the immigrant's children (USC or not) into account for deportation orders. Bad advice.

Anywho, to the OP, unfortunately at this stage, there is no recourse for filing AOS on her own. If the USC's parents can't afford the ticket and he doesn't show up within the 90 days, I would follow through with alerting USCIS and contact her embassy. As already mentioned, Catholic charities are very good at helping out immigrants in tough situations. Good luck to her.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

The USC is responsible for his actions. Take him to the cleaners.

1. File police report for missing persons

2. Hire an attorney for the child support

2. Let USCIS know what is going on as soon as possible

3. Contact Phillipines Embassy

If the USC filed a K-1, did he NOT file an "Affidavit of Support"? If he did, he is financially responsible for her expenses while she is in th US.

Read #4 and #5 of the form:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134.pdf

Doing this should prevent the dead-beat from trying to bring another foreign fiancee in the future!

Our Story so far...

K-1

7/26/07- I-129F sent to CSC

8/02/07- NOA 1

12/13/07- NOA 2

2/12/08- Interview in Rio- APPROVED!

2/15/08- Visa Received

2/18/08- US Entry

2/20/08- Wedding Day

AOS

3/04/08- AOS, EAD and AP mailed

4/07/08- RFE

4/11/08- AOS, EAD and AP re-mailed

4/18/08- NOA's received

5/06/08- Biometrics Appt

6/14/08- AP approved

6/17/08- EAD approved

11/07/08- Greencard Approved!

11/22/08- Greencard Received

Gabriel was born on January 12, 2010!

Way to many

homer-simpson-wallpaper-brain-1024.jpg

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

well and if he didnt say he didnt want her to come either, thats kind of childish. Running away instead of facing the issue head isnt the greatest, regardless of whether she shouldnt have come or not...now if he did tell her and she came anyway, thats her problem.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Way to many

homer-simpson-wallpaper-brain-1024.jpg

If you only knew......I could of got the whole state of california high for a day!!!!!!! :dance::whistle:

04-12-08 Married

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

well and if he didnt say he didnt want her to come either, thats kind of childish. Running away instead of facing the issue head isnt the greatest, regardless of whether she shouldnt have come or not...now if he did tell her and she came anyway, thats her problem.

Huh? What are you talking about? Jeezzz

A little more info.... the parents paid for the tickets because that's what the USC told them he wanted. He just lost a job and couldn't pay for it, and her visa was about to expire. I won't post all the little details because it's not my place to do so without their knowledge or approval. That's why I've only given the basic overall facts of the situation. We just wanted to have some good advice to give her about her options should he not come back. We went through the K1 process and made sure to follow every letter of the law and we don't want to see her do anything illegal which would prevent her any future visas.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

haha! William Savage, the OP: Joined: Today, 01:30 PM

Why is it always a newbie that post this kind of BS? Why not ever from someone with some credibility on VJ? Hmmmm, I think everyone is again running to join in the drama... people really like drama.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Next update:

William says

USC returned home and then ran away with his son... no one has seen either of them since.

or

USC called home and said he was pick up on a old warrant in another state and has been in jail, but, no matter, he still doesn't want to get married.

or

USC returns home with new GF that not even his parents knew about... GF is at least 6 months pregnant.

or...

I can't think of any more... anyone want to join in on guessing what the newbie might say next?

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
The USC is responsible for his actions. Take him to the cleaners.

1. File police report for missing persons

2. Hire an attorney for the child support

2. Let USCIS know what is going on as soon as possible

3. Contact Phillipines Embassy

If the USC filed a K-1, did he NOT file an "Affidavit of Support"? If he did, he is financially responsible for her expenses while she is in th US.

Read #4 and #5 of the form:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134.pdf

Doing this should prevent the dead-beat from trying to bring another foreign fiancee in the future!

In Cheshire vs Cheshire, the courts found the I-134 did not create an enforceable contract, whereas the I-864 did. In any case, the contract would expire when the sponsored beneficiary loses legal status in the US, which in this case is 90 days.

Hiring an attorney for child support is probably a good move, but I don't know if the courts are going to move fast enough to have it resolved before she has to leave. As long as she has an attorney here then she should eventually get some money. On the other hand, he's unemployed - you can't squeeze blood from a stone. :blush:

Next update: etc...

How 'bout:

Pinay finds USC holed up in a sleazy motel with a skank and pulls a "Lorraina Bobbit"! :blink:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

haha! William Savage, the OP: Joined: Today, 01:30 PM

Why is it always a newbie that post this kind of BS? Why not ever from someone with some credibility on VJ? Hmmmm, I think everyone is again running to join in the drama... people really like drama.

Funny you should mention credibility and drama. I guess one has to be a gold member like your self to have any credibility? I would say reading your last three post that has no value or credibility and is full of BS You must like drama. DRAMA QUEEN!

Edited by sjr09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.