William Savage

K1 Filipina abandoned in U.S. Any advice welcomed!

125 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
The Filipina could stay here illegally and make use of a free medical clinic. I do not recommend her being here illegally, but there are many Filipinas here and they work for cash and get medical care from free clinics.
What ARE you recommending, then, through stating "could stay here illegally, work for cash..."? And, if you say and know that "there are many Filipinas here and they work for cash," why are they not being turned in (the passive voice is intentionally used here) to the authorities? Are these veiled or actual suggestions to circumvent Immigration law?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Sorry nothing can be done about the K1 but here is a thought. A while back a woman in Chicago stayed at a church for like 6 months because she was going to be deported. She had children that were born here. ICE wouldnt come on the church grounds and arrest her, so there she stayed. She finally came out and was arrested but they didnt deport her, the reason, her children were USC's and you can't deport USC's. This lady had no one who would take her children, family that is. I would have her do some serious research in this line.

In the mean time, she needs to get a order of child support going. If she files in the Philippines the child support will be low, but if she files it here, it will be prolly double or tripple.

This worked on Highlander when immortal A wanted to take immortal B's head & B was too much of a panzy to fight A... in this situation probably not good advice :P

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Sorry nothing can be done about the K1 but here is a thought. A while back a woman in Chicago stayed at a church for like 6 months because she was going to be deported. She had children that were born here. ICE wouldnt come on the church grounds and arrest her, so there she stayed. She finally came out and was arrested but they didnt deport her, the reason, her children were USC's and you can't deport USC's. This lady had no one who would take her children, family that is. I would have her do some serious research in this line.

In the mean time, she needs to get a order of child support going. If she files in the Philippines the child support will be low, but if she files it here, it will be prolly double or tripple.

This worked on Highlander when immortal A wanted to take immortal B's head & B was too much of a panzy to fight A... in this situation probably not good advice :P

:rofl:

I've already corrected myself....geeze!

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Also worked for Esmeralda, but she had Quasimodo to rescue her. Does this pinay know any hunchbacks? :whistle:

Seriously, though. There is no "sanctuary" law in the US, and a US citizen child will not prevent her from being deported. Any thinking along those lines is just looney, and isn't going to help her. Her only chance of staying in the US currently is if her fiance changes his mind and decides to marry her before she's out of status. Frankly, if it were me I wouldn't marry the guy now no matter what happened.

Something else to consider is that we're only hearing one side of the story (as usual). If the guy just got cold feet or changed his mind there'd be no need to run away. It sounds like he's running from his parents as well as the fiancee. Something to think about...

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The best move for her and the child is start over without this guy... Go back home to the Philippines, find another country where it's easier to get work visa - this way she can support her child, and maybe try to immigrate to the US again a few years later.

The guy's parents are the least bit worried about their son? I hope they are doing all they can to find him. Maybe they know where he is. He sucks for not facing up to his respnsibility, this is a child another human being we are talking about here. I hope he'll have a change of heart and mind and grow up - maybe what his parent wants to happen.

Good luck and God bless.

This is NOT the official timeline for Lifting of Conditions processing, use as reference only:

06.22.09-received both son's & wife's 10-year GC.

06.05.09-I-751 APPROVED

02.26.09-passport stamped temporary GC.

01.12.09-son's biometrics taken, after 12 months.

12.18.08-still no word from VSC

12.17.08-extended expiration date of conditional status

01.12.08-wife's biometrics taken, waiting for son's appt.

12.19.07-received NOA and EAC#

12.17.07-check cleared my account, cashed on 12.13.07

12.04.07-submitted Form I-751

01.26.06-day 150 (432): son's case approved... no interview. GC rec'd 02/11/06

12.29.05-day 121 (403): wife's case approved... no interview. GC rec'd 01/09/06

11.29.05-day 091 (373): wife's AOS & EAD biometrics done.

11.02.05-day 064 (346): EAD approved, card rec'd 12/05/05

10.15.05-day 046 (328): son's AOS biometrics done

09.09.05-day 010 (292): NOA's received

09.06.05-day 007 (289): AOS & EAD papers received by MSC

08.30.05-day 001 (282): filed AOS/EAD papers

07.12.05-day 233: "JUST MARRIED!"

see my timeline for K1 processing...

Timeline
And if she stays she will not be able to adjust her status with ANYONE besides the original petioner. She and even the parents should have thought about this before placing her in this situation. And find the guy and string him up by the ba!!s

Why? If the dude doesn't want to marry her, you can't force him. It is not fair, but she has no recourse, sadly.

The man did right by not flying her to the US. Its not his fault.

An engagement is not a contract - Marriage is the contract.

Blame the parents and the girl.

I get tired of seeing these types of posts about people not leaving the US.

Child support is another issue.

Your post is kinda cold! I dont see anything in the OP that really talks about doing something illegal or staying past the 90 days I don't see any value or help in your rear-minded post.

I agree a hundred percent.."Blame the parents and the girl as it was so elegantly put." That's absolutely ridiculous. I also agree with NArocks. String this loser up by his ba!!s. He need's to grow a pair and take care of his responsibilities. It's a bit late to change your mind once a child is involved. Geez..How sad and how weak. I don't care what kind of personal problems he may be having. Man Up!

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Timeline

Sorry my memory fails me, I guess to many drugs in the past....

http://www.tothecenter.com/news.php?readmore=2966

Also research family reunification...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_reunification

Way to many

homer-simpson-wallpaper-brain-1024.jpg

I agree a hundred percent.."Blame the parents and the girl as it was so elegantly put." That's absolutely ridiculous. I also agree with NArocks. String this loser up by his ba!!s. He need's to grow a pair and take care of his responsibilities. It's a bit late to change your mind once a child is involved. Geez..How sad and how weak. I don't care what kind of personal problems he may be having. Man Up!

Just because you produce a kid with another does not mean you should marry them, if its not right.

There are more divorces and unhappy people in this country because they either married or stayed married purely for a child, when there was not love or happiness in the couple. A child would probably have a better life with two happy parents living apart rather than two grumpy parents living together.

Some conservative or religious folks may disagree, which is ok.

If the mother keeps the child, the father should pay support.

You have to wonder about this origins of this relationships....was the K-1 filed for love and to be together, or was it filed out of pressure because the woman was pregnant?

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Just because you produce a kid with another does not mean you should marry them, if its not right.

There are more divorces and unhappy people in this country because they either married or stayed married purely for a child, when there was not love or happiness in the couple. A child would probably have a better life with two happy parents living apart rather than two grumpy parents living together.

You have to wonder about this origins of this relationships....was the K-1 filed for love and to be together, or was it filed out of pressure because the woman was pregnant?

Agreed. This is not the 1930's when you get knocked up as a way of getting married. #######.

Once again you fail to understand the post(s)

A little more info.... the parents paid for the tickets because that's what the USC told them he wanted. He just lost a job and couldn't pay for it, and her visa was about to expire. I won't post all the little details because it's not my place to do so without their knowledge or approval. That's why I've only given the basic overall facts of the situation. We just wanted to have some good advice to give her about her options should he not come back. We went through the K1 process and made sure to follow every letter of the law and we don't want to see her do anything illegal which would prevent her any future visas.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

sjr09, What are trying to say here?

I simply pondered the reasons behind the original K-1 petition, whether it was filed out of love & desire or pressure and obligation?

Anyway, it doesn't matter.

I hope this women can get home to her country and find support raising her child.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

A little more info.... the parents paid for the tickets because that's what the USC told them he wanted. He just lost a job and couldn't pay for it, and her visa was about to expire. I won't post all the little details because it's not my place to do so without their knowledge or approval. That's why I've only given the basic overall facts of the situation. We just wanted to have some good advice to give her about her options should he not come back. We went through the K1 process and made sure to follow every letter of the law and we don't want to see her do anything illegal which would prevent her any future visas.

Thing is -- she has no options besides marrying the petitioner (option 1) or going back home (option 2).

Timeline

Agreed. This is not the 1930's when you get knocked up as a way of getting married. #######.

You are certainly right about that. It's not but the fact of the matter is that it happened and now the father has certain responsibilities to his child whether he likes it or not. As I said before, Grow a pair and Man up!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.