pedroh

Sarah Palin plans to sue The Internetz

95 posts in this topic

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you spend the Fourth of July? Maybe having a BBQ with friends and family, watching a fireworks show, and generally enjoying a happy patriotic holiday? Batshit-insane American Quitter Sarah Palin ended her own special “Independence Day” by posting a series of desperate grammar-challenged nonsense and vicious threats on her Facebook and Twitter pages. Really.

Sarah Palin sues the Internetz. rolf

Sarah Palin is just unbelievable sometimes. I am happy she's not our VP.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Our Wisconsin Ideals radio network spent an hour on her yesterday with many bits of her, I guess you could call it, her farewell speech. Man, can that women whine and jump from subject to subject. Certainly in a state of mental distress. Sounds like she can't even deal with her own family problems let alone attempting to deal with government problems, and was very upset as to how the media, especially the comedians that attacked her family.

Some experts felt she is taking time to regroup for 2012, I kind of felt, she's history in her political life. A woman of her age is also going through hormonal changes, and that can last for years.

How did you spend the Fourth of July? Maybe having a BBQ with friends and family, watching a fireworks show, and generally enjoying a happy patriotic holiday? Batshit-insane American Quitter Sarah Palin ended her own special “Independence Day” by posting a series of desperate grammar-challenged nonsense and vicious threats on her Facebook and Twitter pages. Really.

i am with you brother nOob...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yeah, imagine that! taking legal action over slander!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
It isn't an issue of experience as much as basic competence -having a grasp of the issues and being able to show that you understand what you're talking about. Palin never had that, at least not in the McCain campaign, just a series of paint by numbers GOP party political soundbites.

And that really shows how pathectic the Republican Party has become; she was the best they could come up with for a VP canidiate? Please. Romney, Huckabee or anyone else would have been much more qualified than she was.

You speak as though politics is a contest of "Bests" .... does anyone believe a guy who started running for president with only a few months in the senate "was the Best" the Democrats had to offer?

And what could he have been the BEST at.... reading a teleprompter?

Obama inspired enough people to vote for him and THAT is the only thing a candidate needs to be the best at.

It's not about "The best" and it never has been.

It is about who people think is the best for the job, who has the best plan to lead our country...... That being said, Palin is a mongoloid devoid of any rational thought or intellectual capacity. You can talk about her being a leader and having aides to deal with policy all you want, but the fact remains..... the woman isn't qualified to manage a 7-11 let alone a state or the country.

Think about what you are saying..... A woman who is not even qualified to run a 7=11 went toe to toe in a debate with Joe Biden one of the most experienced leaders in the senate (and washington).. and the now Vice president and for some reason She came out his equal... if not better in that National debate.

Why is it our Lib friends only have ONE PLAYBOOK in politics......and that is "The guy on the Right is dumb".

I have seen this since I was a little kid and Jerry Ford was in the WhiteHouse. On up to Bush who attended Yale and Harvard( the only President with and MBA).

If Brilliance was the Key to great leadership and Success Robert McNamara would have put a winning game plan together in Vietnam. This guy was Brilliant in every sense.

Pretending Sarah Palin has not done remarkable things as Gov. is just plain ignorant.

To claim she is not qualified to run a 7-11 kinda makes you look like a parrot who knows nothing about the womans track record.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
It isn't an issue of experience as much as basic competence -having a grasp of the issues and being able to show that you understand what you're talking about. Palin never had that, at least not in the McCain campaign, just a series of paint by numbers GOP party political soundbites.

And that really shows how pathectic the Republican Party has become; she was the best they could come up with for a VP canidiate? Please. Romney, Huckabee or anyone else would have been much more qualified than she was.

You speak as though politics is a contest of "Bests" .... does anyone believe a guy who started running for president with only a few months in the senate "was the Best" the Democrats had to offer?

Obama inspired enough people to vote for him and THAT is the only thing a candidate needs to be the best at.

It is about who people think is the best for the job, who has the best plan to lead our country...... That being said, Palin is a mongoloid devoid of any rational thought or intellectual capacity. You can talk about her being a leader and having aides to deal with policy all you want, but the fact remains..... the woman isn't qualified to manage a 7-11 let alone a state or the country.

Think about what you are saying..... A woman who is not even qualified to run a 7=11 went toe to toe in a debate with Joe Biden one of the most experienced leaders in the senate (and washington).. and the now Vice president and for some reason She came out his equal... if not better in that National debate.

Why is it our Lib friends only have ONE PLAYBOOK in politics......and that is "The guy on the Right is dumb".

I have seen this since I was a little kid and Jerry Ford was in the WhiteHouse. On up to Bush who attended Yale and Harvard( the only President with and MBA).

If Brilliance was the Key to great leadership and Success Robert McNamara would have put a winning game plan together in Vietnam. This guy was Brilliant in every sense.

Pretending Sarah Palin has not done remarkable things as Gov. is just plain ignorant.

To claim she is not qualified to run a 7-11 kinda makes you look like a parrot who knows nothing about the womans track record.

A few cheesy soundbites that have no bearing on anything substantive is not tantamount to winning a debate. That's like shooter showing up 10 pages after his initial thread and declaring he won the argument :lol:

Timeline
Sarah Palin...in a 2008 campaign interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer..."I'm not a quitter."

Are you suggesting she is "out of the game"?

LEt me explain this again just one reason this "passing of the baton" is kinda quiting ....but not.

She knew she was not going to run as Gov again.

Her replacement is the one guy (likely to run in the next Alaska election) who shares her limited Government ideas.

By letting him (The Lt. Governor) serve one year as Gov, it gives him a better advantage to win and continue the work she started.

If not, the Big-spenders get back in.

William Penn

Timeline

A few cheesy soundbites that have no bearing on anything substantive is not tantamount to winning a debate. That's like shooter showing up 10 pages after his initial thread and declaring he won the argument :lol:

Wait a minute are you saying the Biden "won" that election? :whistle:

I've heard some call it a draw but you might be the first to claim she lost.

Here is a semi related piece I saw in Salon.com today. (not exactly the Far Right)

------------------------------------------

By Camille Paglia

Jul. 08, 2009 |

Dear Camille,

Just wondering. Do you still think Sarah Palin is ready for the big stage?

James L. Somers

Good question! And very timely after Palin's shock resignation as governor of Alaska this past Fourth of July weekend. I assume that family priorities -- personal as well as financial -- had become all-consuming. Given her success with finalizing the massive Alaska pipeline project, I think Palin should have stuck it out, but of course she is master of her own fate. What certainly was blameworthy was the chaotic and rushed statement itself. Something so politically consequential needed more careful composition and rehearsal. Why provide more fodder for the vultures and harpies of the Northeastern media?

Unfortunately, it's pretty obvious that Palin still lacks that cadre of trusted pros who are the invisible elves behind every successful national politician -- the assistants who gather and vet material and who filter proposals and plan logistics. In a way, this is part of her virtues -- her complete freedom from routine micromanagement and business as usual. She does her own thing with seat-of-the-pants gusto. It's why she remains hugely popular with the Republican grass-roots base -- as I know from listening to talk radio. Callers coming fresh from her rallies are always heady with infectious enthusiasm.

Of course you'd never know that from reading hit jobs like Todd Purdum's sepulchral piece on Palin in the current Vanity Fair. Scurrying around Alaska with his notepad, Purdum still managed to find comically little to indict her with. Anyone with a gripe is given the floor; fans are shut out. This exercise in faux objectivity is exposed at key points such as Purdum's failure to identify the actual instigator of Palin's extravagant clothing bills (a crazed, credit-card-abusing stylist appointed by the McCain campaign) and his prissy characterization of Palin's performance at the vice-presidential debate as merely "adequate." Hey, wake up -- Palin cleaned Biden's clock! By the end, Biden was sighing and itching to split.

Whether Palin has a national future or not will depend on her willingness to hit the books at some point and absorb more information about international history and politics than she has needed to know in her role as governor. She also needs a shrewder, cooler take on the mainstream media, with its preening bullies, cackling witches, twisted cynics and pompous windbags. The Northeastern media establishment is in decline, and everyone knows it. Palin should not have gotten into a slanging match with David Letterman or anyone else who has been obsessively defaming her or her family. Let surrogates do that stuff.

The vicious double standard is pretty obvious. Only the tabloids, for example, ran the photos of a piss-drunk Chelsea Clinton, panties exposed, falling into her car outside London clubs a few years ago. If Chelsea had been the scion of Republican bigwigs, those tacky scenes would have been trumpeted from pillar to post in the U.S. as signals of parental failures or turmoil in clan Clinton. As a Democrat, I detest the partisan machinations that have become standard in Northeastern news management and that are detectable in editorial decisions at major metropolitan newspapers nationwide. It's why I, like a host of others, have shifted my news gathering to the Web.

As to your question "How have we come to this pass in America where the assassination of top government officials is fodder for snide jokes on national radio?" let me outline the path off the top of my head.

My first memory of such a case was watching Alec Baldwin in 1998 demand that Henry Hyde, the Republican chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, be stoned to death. Baldwin went on to demand that after that execution, the killing extravaganza should continue to the chairman's house, where his wife and children would be killed as well, along with the families of other Republican politicians whom Baldwin did not agree with. Baldwin later claimed it was just a joke, but I remember watching this on "Late Night With Conan O'Brien," and I can assure you there was nothing funny about it in tone or substance. Baldwin's rage was chilling, his assassination endorsement grotesque.

Second, Randi Rhodes on her Air America show in 2004 compared George W. Bush to Fredo Corleone and said he should be taken out fishing -- and imitated the sound of a gunshot. The third thing was the 2006 film "Death of a President," featuring the assassination of George W. Bush while he was still a sitting president. I understand the purpose of the film was to explore the fallout of a modern assassination in the new media environment, but that could have been accomplished with a fictitious current president -- as is done in countless films, TV shows and books. In an environment that treats assassination so casually, it was inevitable that it would become joke fodder.

Michael James Barton

Sugar Land, Texas

Thank you very much for this chilling survey. Assassination scenarios are outrageous no matter which party indulges in them. This kind of ethical obtuseness has to stop. Our zero tolerance should also extend to jokes threatening rape of public figures -- something that was amazingly directed at Sarah Palin from liberal quarters shortly after she arrived on the national scene last year. Dehumanization is a stealthy process that ultimately destroys everyone.

William Penn

Danno, that piece is apt only in so far as it decries the sloppy journalism associated with political assassinations. As regards her main difficulties with remaining in politics it's spot on. She must hit the books and desist in trying to beat journos at their own game. She is eminently not fit beyond being someone some people would like to spend a day with. Personally, I can't think of anything worse because I despise her brand of self righteous religiosity, but then again, there are not that many politicians I would enjoy spending time with period. What I do want from them above all is a firm grasp on issues and policies, not a bunch of jingoism. In that regard she is currently an abject failure.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The tabloid media are vicious and relentless, absolutely.

That's all the more reason why people in the public eye (politicians especially) need to know how to work the media and exercise some degree of control over how their public image is managed - that includes not having high profile public spats with David Letterman, your ex-son in law or grasping at straws about how the media (in general) "has it in for you".

Public life isn't for everyone...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Danno you are clearly deluded if you think she has done remarkable things as a governor. It's not a matter of conservative or liberal when it comes to intelligence. Plain and simple, Sarah Palin is not an intellectual juggernaut. I know that intelligence isn't any sort of predicting factor in which president will succeed, but you should at least have the tools at your disposal to give yourself a chance.