47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This question is not about me or my fiance. This pertains to a freind.

He got his visa some months ago and his fiance has decided she dosnt want to marry him now.

Does anyone know the proceedure of what happends if he is here with out marrying her?

Can he file a waiver of some sort or file for adjustment of status some way?

Or will they just tell him he has to leave the usa?

This is a sensative subject and agian this is not about me or my man!

Any ideas will be of much help. I have been searching visajourney about this and found nothing.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W/ the k-1 there is no possibility to adjust status only through marriage to the original petitioner....none whatsoever. If he does not marry the person who petitioned him, he would need to go home or risk becoming illegal and having deportation proceedings initiated against him.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

he needs to leave before the 90 days are up. this is the purpose of the 90 days, it gives the couple a chance to see if they really love each other. He cannot stay and cannot marry another person to stay.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If it is a K-1 Visa and he/she does not marry the original petitioner he/she has to leave period before the I-94 expires no if ands or buts about it

Edited by NArocks

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

two such active topics on the same subject... doesn't anybody do any reading first before posting?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=203894

YMMV

two such active topics on the same subject... doesn't anybody do any reading first before posting?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=203894

No, that would require work! :whistle:

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This is the #1 hot topic on the VJ home page. Top of the list when you sign in. Read that thread for more answers. It's all the same: no way. no how.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Your "friend" has 90 days to marry or must leave the country. Your "friend's" situation strangely enough mirrors your own based on your timeline...

Best of luck

Its really not your place to judge the situation in the first place. So if your not going to add anything to a thread you probably should not post. But, like everyone said they have to leave before the 90 days and the 90 day stipulation is a trial pretty much to see if you love each other. :star:

Filed: Timeline
Your "friend" has 90 days to marry or must leave the country. Your "friend's" situation strangely enough mirrors your own based on your timeline...

Best of luck

Its really not your place to judge the situation in the first place. So if your not going to add anything to a thread you probably should not post. But, like everyone said they have to leave before the 90 days and the 90 day stipulation is a trial pretty much to see if you love each other. :star:

I did not judge anybody, I made an observation. By your own admission if you are not adding to the thread perhaps it is best not to post...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
This question is not about me or my fiance. This pertains to a freind.

He got his visa some months ago and his fiance has decided she dosnt want to marry him now.

Does anyone know the proceedure of what happends if he is here with out marrying her?

Can he file a waiver of some sort or file for adjustment of status some way?

Or will they just tell him he has to leave the usa?

This is a sensative subject and agian this is not about me or my man!

Any ideas will be of much help. I have been searching visajourney about this and found nothing.

No. He gets to return home. He received a visa requiring him to marry the petitioner. It is valid for 90 days. If he has not married the petitioner he must leave the United STates before the I-94 expires. Failure to do so is an overstay and would cause problems wiht any future visas

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Why do people think the 90 days is to see if you want to "love" the person, or for that matter, marry them?

YOUR SUPPOSE to be all ready in "love' and ready to marry.

You frigging signed a "Letter of intent" to marry when you get here.....

Did I miss a memo or something??? :secret:

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Most of these posts seem to be from people thinking they are smart and found a loop hole or something. K1 visa: Come and get married or leave! no loop holes no trial period, it's not a home gym it's a marriage.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
he needs to leave before the 90 days are up. this is the purpose of the 90 days, it gives the couple a chance to see if they really love each other. He cannot stay and cannot marry another person to stay.

Forgive me if it sounds like I'm wagging my finger in front of your face, but...

You should know better than this. The 90 days is not a "trying out" period. The couple are supposed to be committed to marrying each other before they even send in the I-129F. As Bobby pointed out, this is why they have to submit letters affirming their intention to marry. The 90 days is only to provide sufficient time to marry and apply for AOS - nothing else.

That said, sh!t happens. People do change their minds. When that happens during the 90 day K1 period, then the only option is for the foreign fiance(e) to go back to their home country.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.