19 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am actually filling a AOS after entering with a K1 visa. I sent the package some weeks ago and it has been returned with 2 rejection notice (on the AOS and the EAD both stating an incorrect check amount.)

I found out later that for my I-485 form, I made a mistake about my own birth date (really stupid), I said I was born in 2009 instead of 1979! I think that the fee of my check ($1010) was then incorrect since my mistake made me 2 month old :wacko: and didn't have to pay for biometric fee.

Well I'm 30 years old so I do need to pay for that!

My questions

1- Should I rewrite a new I-485 form or just correct my birth date on the one they sent me back ?

2- I also worry about the I-130 form because I don't know if I have to fill it or not. If yes, do I have to write it on a separate check?

Thank you for your help

You do not need to file the I-130.

It's up to you whether to make the correction on the old form a create a new one.

Thank you for your reply,

I just saw on the I-485 instructions that it was required, but I guess it doesn't apply to people entering with a K1 visa.

It think I am going to make a new form but also join the old one with mistake for the resubmission.

In my case, the total amount of the check should be $1010... can anyone assure me of that?

It's up to you whether to make the correction on the old form a create a new one.

I just saw on the I-485 instructions that it was required, but I guess it doesn't apply to people entering with a K1 visa.

It think I am going to make a new form but also join the old one with mistake for the resubmission.

In my case, the total amount of the check should be $1010... can anyone assure me of that?

I actually ran into the same problem. They require you to write a check for $930 and a separate one for $80.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
They require you to write a check for $930 and a separate one for $80.

:thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

I actually ran into the same problem. They require you to write a check for $930 and a separate one for $80.

Thank you so much for that, I read somewhere else that a single check of $1010 was the way to do it. I'm gonna resubmit my package with 2 separate check of $930 and $80.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Aruba
Timeline

Not to confuse you if you didn't send anything yet, but I send a check for $1010 and it was fine.

I only have one suggestion, which I do myself.

Make copies of everything you send out, whether printing it, or scanning it, or make a copy of it.

I literally make copies of everything I have send to USCIS.

Just a suggestion ;)

Good luck:)

Not to confuse you if you didn't send anything yet, but I send a check for $1010 and it was fine.

Make copies of everything you send out, whether printing it, or scanning it, or make a copy of it.

Just a suggestion ;)

That's the way we did it at first to, unfortunately it got rejected twice for "wrong amount" and after the 2nd rejection notice they finally explained that we needed to write separate checks, very irritating. But I absolutely agree that making copies of everything is a good idea =)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi,

I am actually filling a AOS after entering with a K1 visa. I sent the package some weeks ago and it has been returned with 2 rejection notice (on the AOS and the EAD both stating an incorrect check amount.)

I found out later that for my I-485 form, I made a mistake about my own birth date (really stupid), I said I was born in 2009 instead of 1979! I think that the fee of my check ($1010) was then incorrect since my mistake made me 2 month old :wacko: and didn't have to pay for biometric fee.

Well I'm 30 years old so I do need to pay for that!

My questions

1- Should I rewrite a new I-485 form or just correct my birth date on the one they sent me back ?

2- I also worry about the I-130 form because I don't know if I have to fill it or not. If yes, do I have to write it on a separate check?

Thank you for your help

You are adjusting from a K-1, you do not need the I-130 form.

You could just make a correction and initial it, but if you have the form returned, why not make a new one?

Thank you so much for that, I read somewhere else that a single check of $1010 was the way to do it. I'm gonna resubmit my package with 2 separate check of $930 and $80.

That's fine, but I submitted two AOS at one time and wrote one check for everything, no problems. Go figure.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Just a suggestion ;)

That's the way we did it at first to, unfortunately it got rejected twice for "wrong amount" and after the 2nd rejection notice they finally explained that we needed to write separate checks, very irritating. But I absolutely agree that making copies of everything is a good idea =)

Strange. We wrote only one check also, no problem. :wacko:

And yes, copy everything! Even if you think you might not, you'll wish you had. Guess how I know this? ;)

Edited by trillium13
24q38dy.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Yep, very strange. :wacko: One check only here, also.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Strange because even in the I-485 instructions it indicates the filing fee and biometrics fee can be combined

I am ready to write the check and send the AOS packet today! So, is it better to write two checks, not just one? Please help.... :unsure:

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : Las Vegas

California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-06-14

NOA Date : 2011-06-16

Bio. Appt. : 2011-07-26

Interview Date :

Approved : 2011-08-17

She

May be the reason I survive

The why and wherefore I'm alive

The one I'll care for through the rough in ready years

Me

I'll take her laughter and her tears

And make them all my souvenirs

For where she goes I've got to be

The meaning of my life is .....She

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Strange because even in the I-485 instructions it indicates the filing fee and biometrics fee can be combined

I am ready to write the check and send the AOS packet today! So, is it better to write two checks, not just one? Please help.... :unsure:

follow the link Link Look on Page 8 under What is the filing fee, fifth paragraph down it says and I quote "You may submit one check or money order for both the application and biometrics fees, for a total of $1010.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.