39 posts in this topic

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

I'd get an infopass appointment like yesterday, bring all the paperwork, and ask them what is going on. That doesn't cost anything. If I didn't get a crystal clear resolution at that time, I'd find a good immigration lawyer.

My $.02

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Please tell me you sent the response to the RFE through either certified mail or UPS or something like that. As in: do you have a receipt of your response?

Yes I did ,,and i have the receipt of usp...they didnt sent me mail saying my case was resumed ,,only the one that says my case was forwared to csc to speed up the process.

maybe i should get an infopass and talk to an officer ...???? of course after the I get the notice in the mail....

I'd get an infopass appointment like yesterday, bring all the paperwork, and ask them what is going on. That doesn't cost anything. If I didn't get a crystal clear resolution at that time, I'd find a good immigration lawyer.

My $.02

Maya

THANKS....I THINK IM GONNA DO IT

BilLY & LeSly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Absolutely wait for the notice in the mail, then make the infopass (if needed) the notice in the mail may be a little clearer on what is going on and will probably give you further instructions than what you read in your email.

I wish you the best with this, hopefully just a misunderstanding.

5.26.23: Wedding

6.24.23: I-130

billy&lesly,

There was a case on this forum where a person got denial from CRIS, but was actually approved. Those things happen. Here is the thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...5&start=285 ... read last three posts. Maybe something like this happened to you so do not lose hope until you get denial in the mail.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

By all means, continue to use the EAD until you get the mail, and do whatever is needed to appeal a denial. In the meantime, can you think of ANY reason why they might deny your AOS? I observe that the application was made early in 2008 and it took them a long time to send the RFE. What might be the reason?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Moving from 'Removing Conditions' to AOS forum.

You know people keep saying move to this FORUM or that one .. but never say where or how to do it.

Guess I am new and I have looked and never find a FORUM CALLED AOS or some of the others after read

"REMOVING CONDITIONS" to AOS forums.

Either the sight needs a clear path to more forums or people need to be more helpful then just POINTING a FINGER. (THAT WAY) Laughing.

David

single 15 years married 5 months ....now I know what peaks and valleys are in life. LOVE my wife hehehe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

You can't move your own threads, only organizers can move them. AOS stands for Adjustment of Status and there are three forums dealing with that subject, all of them are pretty easy to see.

And I don't see anyone laughing.

Edited by English Muffin

Moving from 'Removing Conditions' to AOS forum.

You know people keep saying move to this FORUM or that one .. but never say where or how to do it.

Guess I am new and I have looked and never find a FORUM CALLED AOS or some of the others after read

"REMOVING CONDITIONS" to AOS forums.

Either the sight needs a clear path to more forums or people need to be more helpful then just POINTING a FINGER. (THAT WAY) Laughing.

David

Nobody is asking you to move any threads. :no:

Hi Im waiting for my denial notice to come in the mail and Im wondering if i can keep working or not MY EAD expires on december....and what about my AP I dont understand... :(:( it seems like everybody got aproved but me. :(

You seem to be a lot calmer than I would be in your situation. I'd be knocking (read: banging) on their doors within 15 minutes of receiving that DENIAL email.

I'd contact the senator and have them look into this. Make sure you tell them your husband is deploying soon - that should speed up the process.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
Please tell me you sent the response to the RFE through either certified mail or UPS or something like that. As in: do you have a receipt of your response?

HELLO I got that letter today saying that the my husband has withdrawn his support...??? this is crazy...they say i can fil a motion to reopen... and thats why the application is denied..U think i should get an infopass and take all the documents that sent with the RFE..

BilLY & LeSly

Timeline
Absolutely wait for the notice in the mail, then make the infopass (if needed) the notice in the mail may be a little clearer on what is going on and will probably give you further instructions than what you read in your email.

HI thanks for ur reply..I got the letter saying that my husband has withdrawn his support thats why the application is denied..this is a total missunderstanding....i got everythign i sent with the RFE ...IM GONNA MAKE AN INFOPASS...................WRITE ME BACK IF U CAN..BYE..:(

BilLY & LeSly

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

HI thanks for ur reply..I got the letter saying that my husband has withdrawn his support thats why the application is denied..this is a total missunderstanding....i got everythign i sent with the RFE ...IM GONNA MAKE AN INFOPASS...................WRITE ME BACK IF U CAN..BYE..:(

was the rfe relating to i-864 affidavit of support?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.