Tosh Love

What do you consider cheating?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Everyone, I have found out through past relationships and with talking to friends and acquaintances that cheating is defined differently for different people. It is subjective. I personally will be more hurt if my SO found a confidant in another female friend and shared his hopes and fears with her. More so than if they slept together. Sounds stupid I know. but please share with me what you consider cheating.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I consider cheating anything that my spouse cannot share freely with me (involving a person of the opposite sex). I do not consider cheating simply sleeping with someone else.

I would be just as hurt if my husband spent time with another woman and didn't tell me about it as I would if he slept with another woman.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

In general, I think that between spouses, any time another person is put before your spouse emotionally or physically, then that is cheating.

I believe that when a couple gets married, their lives are no longer their own, but belong to each other as a unit, and it's not right to break that up, or contaminate it.

Not that I don't think that married people can't have friends or interactions outside of the relationship, but as mentioned before, I don't think there should be anything going on that the spouse can't know about.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Emotional or physical affairs are cheating IMHO. Two rules to live by: 1) don't do anything that you would feel uncomfortable knowing your spouse or SO did, and 2) don't do anything you would feel uncomfortable telling your spouse or SO about, maybe in front of other people. Those two rules have always allowed me to live with a pretty clear conscience.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Definitely subjective. Personally I have only one woman friend, the rest are men. I work in the construction industry so all but 2 of my collegues are men. I've been a tomboy all my life and have never related well with women. Here's the thing though, it's a double standard in my life because I don't trust women at all so therefore would have a VERY hard time with my DH talking with or spending time with women.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Theres alot of FORM of cheating...

Its just so sad and very depressing that U thought that the One U love really loves U alot cuz thats what he/she showed U but U didnt know that he/she is stubbing U at ur back :crying: for having an affair with other women....for me I will talk to my man if ever I am not happy with him....We should always be honest to our partners so we can be happy..I know its hard cuz we have a secrets in our past that i believe should be forgotten...but my story is diffrent...for some VJ readers i am not hoping that U will all understand me nor believe me..jusat sharing what i feel and my situation...

I never felt this before but lately I feel that my man is cheating on me :crying:

WE used to talk on the phone for many hours in almost everyday,always turn on the webcam 24/7,sharing passwords for everything....but lately he change :( lately hes always at work 14-16 hrs not really sure if he's really at work....i caught him many times that he's lying....One day I asked him if he has someone new... said NONE,but what i felt is diffrent....I stay strong and everyday trying to be positive....sigh!!!sigh!!!.....I am starting to yell at him almost everyday cuz in my mind and In my heart that maybe if i pissed him off maybe he will admit everything.....I dnt wanna be sad but hes making me sad...almost evryday I am crying thinking if I am going to wait for the K1 visa that he applied or just leave him and go to another country to work and never talk to him anymore cuz im afraid that one day if we got approve and I got there in the US and get married I am scared that we end up in divorce...marriage is sacred for me....I dnt want to get married and later on got divorce :crying: thats my greatest fear :crying:

For all of U guys who really love Ur Fiancee/fiance take care of them cuz good person knocked only once in our life....

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh, sayitonce, I am so sorry to hear that - But girl, trust your instincts - Talk to him about it = But bottom line to it, if you are feeling that something is wrong, it probably is - I have been in your shoes, and thankfully trusted my instincts - because they were right. You deserve happiness in life - if your relationship isn't making you happy, it's up to you to deal with it and make a choice as to what is the best route.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Theres alot of FORM of cheating...

Its just so sad and very depressing that U thought that the One U love really loves U alot cuz thats what he/she showed U but U didnt know that he/she is stubbing U at ur back :crying: for having an affair with other women....for me I will talk to my man if ever I am not happy with him....We should always be honest to our partners so we can be happy..I know its hard cuz we have a secrets in our past that i believe should be forgotten...but my story is diffrent...for some VJ readers i am not hoping that U will all understand me nor believe me..jusat sharing what i feel and my situation...

I never felt this before but lately I feel that my man is cheating on me :crying:

WE used to talk on the phone for many hours in almost everyday,always turn on the webcam 24/7,sharing passwords for everything....but lately he change :( lately hes always at work 14-16 hrs not really sure if he's really at work....i caught him many times that he's lying....One day I asked him if he has someone new... said NONE,but what i felt is diffrent....I stay strong and everyday trying to be positive....sigh!!!sigh!!!.....I am starting to yell at him almost everyday cuz in my mind and In my heart that maybe if i pissed him off maybe he will admit everything.....I dnt wanna be sad but hes making me sad...almost evryday I am crying thinking if I am going to wait for the K1 visa that he applied or just leave him and go to another country to work and never talk to him anymore cuz im afraid that one day if we got approve and I got there in the US and get married I am scared that we end up in divorce...marriage is sacred for me....I dnt want to get married and later on got divorce :crying: thats my greatest fear :crying:

For all of U guys who really love Ur Fiancee/fiance take care of them cuz good person knocked only once in our life....

Sorry to hear of your troubles (F)

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Anything that would constitute intentional flirting with someone you find attractive. Finding comfort (emotional or physical) in someone who is not your spouse or significant other in a way that you know you would not want your spouse or significant other to witness you doing in front of their eyes... and even if its seemingly innocent, if it feels like you are doing something wrong (or if you know your spouse definately would be hurt by these actions if they knew about it) ..... to me is cheating... so obviously i also think things worse than flirting are cheating too

yes I know this is a pretty hardcore way to look at it by todays standards where alot of people just say "hey it was just innocent flirting"... but Im a true believer in keeping your love pure.... in actions, mind, heart and body.... and while we are all human... I strongly feel that keeping your spouse's feelings in high regard even if they are not around is a main ingrediant in keeping a relationship strong, it generates and maintains he respect you have for them... and usually when respect is given is it returned...

this is what i think anyway

"Love will hit you on the head when you least expect it, when you're not looking for it."-- A dear friend

Don't count on anything except the help of God, He helps even those of us who are unaware.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

It's not that difficult for me. I see cheating as engaging romantically with another person without consent from your SO. Simply confiding emotionally in another person, regardless of gender, sounds to me like unhealthy jealousy rather than grounds for genuine concern. Sometimes, especially as far as your relationship is concerned, you just need to confide in other people. It's a natural thing to do.

It truly must be with the help of divine intervention that after entering into this well-defined bureaucratic process, we were blessed with the expected outcome within the predefined timeline. Praise deities!

I-129F timeline

-----

02-09-09 - I-129F sent.

02-11-09 - NOA1.

06-15-09 - NOA2.

08-27-09 - Packet 3 received.

10-03-09 - Packet 4 received.

10-08-09 - Interview date - Approved. (Visa in hand 10-16-09)

02-03-10 - Date of entry.

I consider cheating anything that my spouse cannot share freely with me (involving a person of the opposite sex). I do not consider cheating simply sleeping with someone else.

I would be just as hurt if my husband spent time with another woman and didn't tell me about it as I would if he slept with another woman.

:thumbs: I like that idea about freely sharing but do think having sex with someone behind your back as a very emotional ordeal for the parter being cheated on. I have seen what it has done to some of my friends, ugh :unsure:

Edited by jasman0717

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

In general, I think that between spouses, any time another person is put before your spouse emotionally or physically, then that is cheating.

My feelings too!

wuha.jpgdU2lm5.png

N400 Mailed: 12/09/2016

Priority Date: 12/13/2016

Biometrics Appmt: 01/13/17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I actually saw a show about this on TV a few months ago and most therapists said that cheating was taking place any time a person hides something from their SO, or spends the majority of the time doing something else by themselves or with other people. Besides the obvious like cheating sexually and emotionally with other people, this also includes, video games, online gambling, chatting online with other people, your job, your hobbies. If they choose to spend all of their free time doing these things while it hurts the other person, that's considered cheating.

It was a total eye opener for me. :huh:

Diana

Edited by Mononoke28

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.