167 posts in this topic

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Honestly most of us were saying you do have a strong case due to the time you have spent with your fiance. We suggested that be the evidence you use heavily and not webcam pictures or internet chats. You came back and said you thought webcam photos would be more beneficial. It's hard to help someone with their case when they already have their mind made up.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

VJ is a huge forum. In all honesty I don't think you can expect everyone to act with the same level of maturity. Have you seen some of the posts in the OT forum?

If there is someone who just makes your blood boil may I suggest using the "Ignore" feature. It is the most wonderful thing I have found on VJ :thumbs:

As for the comments about MENA men using blah blah blah, it happens. If someone has made an observation as to the kind of women who most often get scammed (fat, old, ugly, etc) then maybe that is what they have seen. One thing leads to another, and another and before you know it insults are being thrown around. It happens. If you don't like it, ignore it. There is no need to react to every negative thing that is said on here.

Do a search in the Subsaharan Africa forum and take a look at some of the judgments that are made there. They are no better than those made here in MENA. In fact, I think that you can search almost any regional forum and see some description of what kind of USC gets used for a GC.

I have to agree with those that say not to take everything personally. You are here to get help, so go ahead and do that, get the help that you need. Ignore the other stuff. There is a reason why once people get their approval they just disappear.

The women (and men) here in MENA are very knowledgeable about the consulates. Sometimes their responses are brutally honest, maybe questioning something that the OP has asked, but it is only because the questioning you get on here is a lot tamer than what you get from the CO. I learned a lot about how harsh an interview can be by reading these boards. That is how we got through our first interview, and coming here everyday, communicating with my MENA peeps :luv: is what helped me get through AP. No one understands AP like the MENA crowd.

As for telling people that they are "less Muslim" for the way they act on here, I don't think that is a judgment call anyone has the right to make over someone else. Things always get misconstrued on an internet forum. I am sure there are things you have posted that have been taken in a way you did not intend.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

No one eludes to anyones case in particular, but i have seen post that suggest if this and that .... then chances are he's using you. It's easy to personalize those types of posts, especially when you are first introduced to this VJ and the forums.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
The only issue I have is when it comes over here for no apparent reason. Which seems to have halted lately.

It's not halted really if VJers are still perpetuating it :P (like this thread?)

That was my point like, let's not invite the chaos :D

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
]

No, I never became upset about anything I was told. When I was told something, I questioned whether the CO in EGYPT only would question it and if so, how did those ahead of me deal with it. But when I sensed my thread and what I wrote was going somewhere it shouldnt.. I chose to forget it. Do I give a fig what anyone thinks of me? NO... What I do give a fig about is getting the help to questions w/o being made to feel my whole relationship is a scam.. which is exactly where that thread was headed.

Also, no where have I said in any post that EVERYONE who resonded to me was not offering their genuine advice. I can tell by a post who's sincere and who's not. Yes, this is a public forum , but I hope we are all adults and not children seeking visas. I also wish you the best on the rest of your journey.

I don't recall ANYONE replying on your thread suggesting that your relationship was a scam. I don't think I've ever seen anyone here in the MENA forums suggest that someone else's MENA relationship was a scam (not in the little time I've been here anyway) You were the one suggesting that evidences could be seen as fabricated. You asked what evidences you thought were sufficient and we told you what we've used in our interviews. You were the one saying "well I've heard that pictures can be seen as fabricated". Same with notarized letters from family and friends.

What she said! And how do u know that u were the one being talked about on the other site?

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
]

No, I never became upset about anything I was told. When I was told something, I questioned whether the CO in EGYPT only would question it and if so, how did those ahead of me deal with it. But when I sensed my thread and what I wrote was going somewhere it shouldnt.. I chose to forget it. Do I give a fig what anyone thinks of me? NO... What I do give a fig about is getting the help to questions w/o being made to feel my whole relationship is a scam.. which is exactly where that thread was headed.

Also, no where have I said in any post that EVERYONE who resonded to me was not offering their genuine advice. I can tell by a post who's sincere and who's not. Yes, this is a public forum , but I hope we are all adults and not children seeking visas. I also wish you the best on the rest of your journey.

I don't recall ANYONE replying on your thread suggesting that your relationship was a scam. I don't think I've ever seen anyone here in the MENA forums suggest that someone else's MENA relationship was a scam (not in the little time I've been here anyway) You were the one suggesting that evidences could be seen as fabricated. You asked what evidences you thought were sufficient and we told you what we've used in our interviews. You were the one saying "well I've heard that pictures can be seen as fabricated". Same with notarized letters from family and friends.

I don't recall anything like that stated on expats either.

To the OP, I do remember some frustration on the fact that those in VJ were trying to give you advice and you kept discounting it. But from my memory it was stated way more here on VJ than on the other board. In fact, the statement about older woman/younger man was stated here on VJ, as was the doubt that a Christian/Muslim relationship has a strong chance of making it. This was all stated here on VJ.

Just so you know I fit into the category that you are upset about. I know some people doubt that our relationship is real, or that it will last. The way I see it is that so far I have beat the odds. But only time will tell, so why get worked up? Everyone has their opinions, so what? And to be totally honest I think a Christian/Muslim marriage is difficult to overcome the culture differences. I also agree that age differences are suspect. I know that sounds strange coming from me, but it is a fact. Rather than get upset with some very valid opinions why not work towards showing everyone that there are exceptions?

Expats is not an evil place, it is a place people can go that can express their opinions without fear of being suspended. It takes a thick skin to post there, but at least we all know where we stand. If you have something that you want to say to us over there please feel free to sign up and post. Everyone is welcome, the only ones that don't are either not interested in expats, or are too afraid to hear what others really think of them. I don't think anyone over there stated your relationship is fraud, nor do I remember the age/culture difference discussed about you. I don't think anyone over there will attack you. Granted if you are unduly arrogant you might get an earful, but I don't think you qualify as such.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
]

Well, I guess I got the feeling someone was questioning my relationship when she said, "your choice what you're going to do.. i am finding myself questioning your case now since you don't have an engagment ring, no letters, no emails, and if i understand correctly "not good with pics?" Yes, I don't have an engagement ring, I don't have letters.. what can I do if they're not delievered? But, are these things a call for questioning? I took it as more might follow her questioning and dropped it.

I never said, evidences that were notorized could be fabricated. Most of you did as I said in my last post.. you misunderstood what I was saying and took it the wrong way as I was some things said to me. I guess most just never got what I meant at all in that thread. I'll be the first to admit I have a hard time at time explaining things, but i'm certainly not the only one.

Guys, where that thread come from was from all the experiences I have read over the months in VJ. I wanted to point out what the CO might say was fabricated and if you went through this.. then how did you handle it and how/what you would do if you could do it over.

*Jolie *

4/23/07 - Met on WoW Game..

11/25/07 - Engaged..

1/16/08 - 1st Visit..

2/28/08 - 2nd Visit..

6/03/08 - 3rd Visit..

9/10/08 - 4th Visit..

7/14/08 - Sent off I-129

1/08/08 - NOA 1

1/18/09 - RFE

1/30/09 - NOA2

???? - 45 Days of AP at NVC

03/15/09 - Left NVC

03/26/09 - Received pct. 3

05/06/09 - sent pkt back.

05/08/09 - Received pkt. 4

05/12/09 - Interview

07/24/09 - Out of AP

07/30/09 - Sent passport to Embassy.

08/15/09 - Received Passport with Visa.

08/18/09 - POE: Atlanta. It went very smooth, no problems at all. In and out in 30 minutes.

10/05/09 - Sent AOS/EAD

10/19/09 - Rec'd NOA

11/05/09 - Transferred to C.S.C.

11/10/09 - Biometrics - Cancelled waiting for new appt.

12/21/09 - Biometrics - Went well with no problems.

12/31/09 - EAD Card received.

02/16/10 - Transferred to Lee's Sumit, Mo

03/04/10 - Recieved AOS Interview letter.

04/07/10 - A.O.S. Interview - Approved. Very easy interview.

04-26-10 - 2Yr. Green card Received.

This whole discussion about fabrication of proof of ongoing relationships seems strange to me, I have never seen in all the years of reading anecdotal evidence here a member reporting the CO suggested their proof was created/fabricated. Naturally I dont read all threads, every thread, but that is a heavy claim that would garner some attention.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Man, what's been going on these last few months is nothing compared to what's been going on in past years. This place is down right tranquil compared to how it's been.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
If there is someone who just makes your blood boil may I suggest using the "Ignore" feature. It is the most wonderful thing I have found on VJ :thumbs:

I would agree. Please use the ignore feature freely.

And a reminder...as was mentioned earlier in the thread, if someone takes issue with something said on Expats, the proper course would be to contact the site admin at Expats or address the issue on Expats, not here on VJ.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Well, I guess I got the feeling someone was questioning my relationship when she said, "your choice what you're going to do.. i am finding myself questioning your case now since you don't have an engagment ring, no letters, no emails, and if i understand correctly "not good with pics?"

That was stated on VJ, not expats.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

I second that rahma... :help:

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
This whole discussion about fabrication of proof of ongoing relationships seems strange to me, I have never seen in all the years of reading anecdotal evidence here a member reporting the CO suggested their proof was created/fabricated. Naturally I dont read all threads, every thread, but that is a heavy claim that would garner some attention.

Well, i'm not making up that I had read a thread saying their visa was denied, because the CO said, the Fiance had made up the proof of an ongoing relationship. I don't recall what thread it was, but as I said, I believe it wasn't concerning someone in MENA and I thought who better to ask, than MENA themselves if they had gone through it and if so, how did you deal with it. So, no need for it to seem strange as I didn't make it up. Someone I believe said, they saw it to, but it wasn't in MENA.

*Jolie *

4/23/07 - Met on WoW Game..

11/25/07 - Engaged..

1/16/08 - 1st Visit..

2/28/08 - 2nd Visit..

6/03/08 - 3rd Visit..

9/10/08 - 4th Visit..

7/14/08 - Sent off I-129

1/08/08 - NOA 1

1/18/09 - RFE

1/30/09 - NOA2

???? - 45 Days of AP at NVC

03/15/09 - Left NVC

03/26/09 - Received pct. 3

05/06/09 - sent pkt back.

05/08/09 - Received pkt. 4

05/12/09 - Interview

07/24/09 - Out of AP

07/30/09 - Sent passport to Embassy.

08/15/09 - Received Passport with Visa.

08/18/09 - POE: Atlanta. It went very smooth, no problems at all. In and out in 30 minutes.

10/05/09 - Sent AOS/EAD

10/19/09 - Rec'd NOA

11/05/09 - Transferred to C.S.C.

11/10/09 - Biometrics - Cancelled waiting for new appt.

12/21/09 - Biometrics - Went well with no problems.

12/31/09 - EAD Card received.

02/16/10 - Transferred to Lee's Sumit, Mo

03/04/10 - Recieved AOS Interview letter.

04/07/10 - A.O.S. Interview - Approved. Very easy interview.

04-26-10 - 2Yr. Green card Received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.