betrayed

My husband has been having 2 online affairs -

161 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
He doesn't "do" counselling. Remember - to seek help you have to admit you have a problem and he doesn't think he has any problems - the problems are all mine!!

His boundaries are very skewed. He thinks he should be able to say or do anything as long as he doesn't actually have sex, which in my book is NOT ok.

he has voiced that in his mind we have not been having any kind of serious problems in our marriage - it's all in my perception of events which he says I took completely out of context.... I believe from my research that he suffers from narcissistic personality disorder - he fits every single criteria...

I take it you don't "do" counseling on your own? That would be a good start for you, in my humble opinion. Perhaps he has an exaggerated need for approval from women, or he is terribly narcissistic. No amount of counseling will change that. Maybe that's how he grew up. When he does become sexually involved (it will happen, believe me) he will rationalize it as meeting the needs of the woman, or something on that order. Perhaps during his lunch hour?

I have found a very good counsellor who specializes in NPD so understands what I'm dealing with! It's enlightening but scary because I know he will never change as he will never accept responsibility for anything he does wrong.

He will rationalize it as I made him feel suffocated and pushed him to it - he has already made that statement!

Time will tell exactly how this plays out but I wanted the OP to know that I understand and trust cannot just be made to happe. it will take time and he should be willing to jump through hoops to make it happen.

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
I have found a very good counsellor who specializes in NPD so understands what I'm dealing with! It's enlightening but scary because I know he will never change as he will never accept responsibility for anything he does wrong.

He will rationalize it as I made him feel suffocated and pushed him to it - he has already made that statement!

Time will tell exactly how this plays out but I wanted the OP to know that I understand and trust cannot just be made to happe. it will take time and he should be willing to jump through hoops to make it happen.

Your counselor is right. Good luck to you, Ms. Perfect!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Dear God,

Please let this thread die.

kthxbai.

diethreaddie.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Who dissing the morroccon sister. You ahe to eqarn the right on her permission to chide her!!! Ill bonk yah

Yeah turn the other cheek thing its a christian ideal. often gets them slapped on the other side of face and no one learns anything, I think it might get them to heaven or something.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Timeline
He doesn't "do" counselling. Remember - to seek help you have to admit you have a problem and he doesn't think he has any problems - the problems are all mine!!

His boundaries are very skewed. He thinks he should be able to say or do anything as long as he doesn't actually have sex, which in my book is NOT ok.

he has voiced that in his mind we have not been having any kind of serious problems in our marriage - it's all in my perception of events which he says I took completely out of context.... I believe from my research that he suffers from narcissistic personality disorder - he fits every single criteria...

He had emotional affairs, if not more. You are wayyyyy tooo good for that jerk. Kick his a$$ to the street cuz he is laying the guilt trip on you. Just keep telling yourself, nobody else is gonna put up with his ####### once they have been with him for a short time, so he's gonna have a hard time finding a good woman again. AND if he finds somebody that will stay with him for any amount of time, pity her cuz her problems are just starting. Short and sweet advice......good luck, kiddo!!!

Wanttobelieve

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What , He doesnt see the corruptness and error of his ways?? Not to mention that it UPSETS his number one (after momma). He is Narcissistic im sure. doesnt care what you , others or ALLAH thinks about his actions and hurting others.. SHame on him. He deserve to be alone with his computer and his wankers.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
0nly you can decide what is acceptable . Can you forgive him? Do you want the relationship to continue? He has betrayed you and your trust. Can you ever trust him again? 0nly you know the answers to these questions.

The stupid part of this for me is that I do love him soo much... I currently want the relationship to continue, but I need to know that it's real, and I don't know how I can be sure of that ever again. I'm starting to wonder if we're going to need counseling in order to make this work for me.

I don't know that I can get past it on my own. I've barely been able to eat, I look at him and all I see is a man who has been telling me lies for MONTHS... and god truly knows for real how long...

I would strongly recommend counseling. I went through something very similar in my first marriage. I can relate very closely to what you're experiencing. Counseling may or may not save your marriage, but it's definitely worth a try.

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: Timeline

I am going thru the exact same thing u are. Always remember, once they lie to you, it will NOT stop. I found that out too.

My husband lied to me when I was there in Nigeria and I found out the truth (when I was there), then I found out he was on 3 dating websites 3 months after our marriage (he was still in Naija), but I forgave him.

When he got here, the lies continued. Now that he is so close to his 2nd interview, things really hit the fan. However, he has A&B charges against him, neglect towards my kids, he's off my lease, he cheated on me (I followed him to the bitches house), etc.

Well I have all my docs, and WHAM, USCIS said he is a fraud, they gave me the immigration and custom numbers to call and he will be deported.

One someone lies, cheats, steals, etc... that perosn doesn't change unless they are in therapy.

I wish you so much luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi all,

Thanks for all the posts... Perfect, best of luck to you... I hope that you figure out what you want to do.

To all the others that have sent me messages and all, thank you as well.

Things are ok right now and my husband so far seems to be fulfilling all of his promises. We shall see, no?

Abrazos to all! For all you other women/men who are going through the same experience, my heart goes out to you.

I will open a new thread with updates later on... I'm ready to tuck this away for a while.

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.