conquest

deportation and being illeagal

48 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Not sure where to post this

I have a friend who is illeagally in the USA. She has been here for nine years and has had a child here in the USA. She got a notice for a deportation hearing for jan 14 2010. They are even slow on the deportaion lol

Any way the question being will they deport her seeing that she has a USC child? It is my belife that she will be deported when she has her hearing other than the child she has no other reason to beable to stay here

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

why does she have a deportation hearing, was she caught crossing ther mexican border and released or was it another case? anyway my friend had the same case where she had a USC child and was caught by immigration and released. She had a hearing and was ordered to be deported on such date, she was from colombia and had to send the judge proof of air ticket and sign some kind of paper saying she was going to obey the order or she could be fined and jailed. So she went home but the child is regardless of her mother's immigration status a USC and could comeback at any time.

Timeline:

filed I-130: 2007/10/10 (child under 21 unmarried of a USC) "IR2"

uscis sends NOA: 2007/10/22

21st b-day: 2008/**/** (well that sucks)

I-130 approval notice: 2008/06/15 (was approved due to CHILD STATUS PROTECTION ACT, signed by Pres. Bush on August 6,2002)

case forwarded to NVC: 2008/06/16

biometrics bill received: 2008/07/13

biometrics bill paid: 2008/07/15

IV bill received: 2008/07/27

affidavit of support request received: 2008/08/02

affidavit of support request sent: 2008/09/20

IV bill paid: 2008/09/20

DS-230 request received: 2008/10/01

DS-230 request sent via express mail: 2008/11/20 (had to wait a loooong time for police certificates)

NVC receives DS-230 package: 2008/11/29

CASE COMPLETE!! : 2008/12/09 (no RFE)

case forwarded to embassy in Rio de Janeiro-Brazil:

medical exam:

interview date and time:

Timeline

She applied for a visa application so she could work and that is how immigration knows about her. Any way her child is only 4 years old.They would force him to go to Honduras with his mother? How can they do that? he is a citizen. She could leave him here but then he would become award of the state is that what they want? I have to say I dont condone this kind of thing. I am just asking the question. I think that if she had no USC child I would send her back in a heart beat but no that she has a child from the USA. I think after ddoing the application for my wife to be here it makes me even more angry when I hear of illeagals

Timeline
why does she have a deportation hearing, was she caught crossing ther mexican border and released or was it another case? anyway my friend had the same case where she had a USC child and was caught by immigration and released. She had a hearing and was ordered to be deported on such date, she was from colombia and had to send the judge proof of air ticket and sign some kind of paper saying she was going to obey the order or she could be fined and jailed. So she went home but the child is regardless of her mother's immigration status a USC and could comeback at any time.

not really, they don't want the mother to leave the child here but if that's the case then yes the child could be with child services just like any other abandoned child. other than my friend's case i saw a bunch of others like it on tv.

Timeline:

I-130 approval notice: 2008/06/15 (was approved due to CHILD STATUS PROTECTION ACT, signed by Pres. Bush on August 6,2002)

DS-230 request sent via express mail: 2008/11/20 (had to wait a loooong time for police certificates)

medical exam:

interview date and time:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

No, they can't force her to take her son with her. Why would she leave her son to become a ward of the state? If she has no family or friends willing to care for him, she should take him with her.

Timeline
She applied for a visa application so she could work and that is how immigration knows about her. Any way her child is only 4 years old.They would force him to go to Honduras with his mother? How can they do that? he is a citizen. She could leave him here but then he would become award of the state is that what they want? I have to say I dont condone this kind of thing. I am just asking the question. I think that if she had no USC child I would send her back in a heart beat but no that she has a child from the USA. I think after ddoing the application for my wife to be here it makes me even more angry when I hear of illeagals

^

they can't force her to take or leave the child, they will get custody of the child IF the mother leaves him but just like he said if the mother can take care of him she should.

Timeline:

medical exam:

interview date and time:

Timeline

I would have to agree but she has no money for a ticket back home or for her child . She is illeagal she can not work . They would deport her but can not deport the child and she can not buy a airline ticket. They would pay for the son to be sent to honduras?

Timeline
I would have to agree but she has no money for a ticket back home or for her child . She is illeagal she can not work . They would deport her but can not deport the child and she can not buy a airline ticket. They would pay for the son to be sent to honduras?

that's a great question! this is what i think based on some other people i know that have been deported, worst case scenario would be her going to a immigration jail and the child going to child services until she can pay for both. i REALLY doubt that they will pay for the child's ticket. a former co-worker of mine was arrested because he missed his immigration hearing so he had 2 choices either he signed the paper saying he is "deporting" himself and paying for any fees (airplane tickets and fines) or he would serve a sentence in jail so of course he paid a fine and the ticket to go home after spending 2 months in jail, but then again every case is a different case.

i feel sorry for the mother and wish her the best of luck!

Timeline:

medical exam:

interview date and time:

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

that's a great question! this is what i think based on some other people i know that have been deported, worst case scenario would be her going to a immigration jail and the child going to child services until she can pay for both. i REALLY doubt that they will pay for the child's ticket. a former co-worker of mine was arrested because he missed his immigration hearing so he had 2 choices either he signed the paper saying he is "deporting" himself and paying for any fees (airplane tickets and fines) or he would serve a sentence in jail so of course he paid a fine and the ticket to go home after spending 2 months in jail, but then again every case is a different case.

i feel sorry for the mother and wish her the best of luck!

She will be removed for being here illegally. Since the child is a USC, she can make some kind of arrangment with friends or relatives for the child to stay in the US or she can take the child with her if the father is not in the picture.

She can voluntarily deport herself where she pays for the tix, or be formally removed where she will be taken into custody and the govt will arrange her removal.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

I have a friend who is illeagally in the USA. She has been here for nine years and has had a child here in the USA. She got a notice for a deportation hearing for jan 14 2010. They are even slow on the deportaion lol

Any way the question being will they deport her seeing that she has a USC child? It is my belife that she will be deported when she has her hearing other than the child she has no other reason to beable to stay here

There was a similar situation here a week ago or so.. a family of four was up for deportation and one of their kids was a US citizen... it was indeed like others said, they could either abandon him (which, imho, would have been a stupid mistake since the kid would become under child protection) or take him with them and that's what they did. Now the kid will later on (it is 4 or 5 yo right now) petition for his family so they can go back to the US... they just need to wait a lot of years for that to be possible and I think it would be the smartest thing to do for this person too if she ever wants to go back to the US :)

But to answer your question, they can indeed not force her to take her kid with her but she will have to go if they decide so... nothing she can do about that, even if she has a kid that is a US citizen.

Also, seeing that the deportation hearing is scheduled for 2010, that gives her a bit more than a year to be able to save up and actually pay for her kid's ticket and I think she should do that. Personally I only feel sorry for the kid but not much for her, we are all here because we do it the hard, but legal way.. so yah, if someone is illegal in the US, I kinda don't really mind them to be deported, it's just sad that there's a kid involved.

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: Timeline
There was a similar situation here a week ago or so.. a family of four was up for deportation and one of their kids was a US citizen... it was indeed like others said, they could either abandon him (which, imho, would have been a stupid mistake since the kid would become under child protection) or take him with them and that's what they did. Now the kid will later on (it is 4 or 5 yo right now) petition for his family so they can go back to the US... they just need to wait a lot of years for that to be possible and I think it would be the smartest thing to do for this person too if she ever wants to go back to the US :)

But to answer your question, they can indeed not force her to take her kid with her but she will have to go if they decide so... nothing she can do about that, even if she has a kid that is a US citizen.

Also, seeing that the deportation hearing is scheduled for 2010, that gives her a bit more than a year to be able to save up and actually pay for her kid's ticket and I think she should do that. Personally I only feel sorry for the kid but not much for her, we are all here because we do it the hard, but legal way.. so yah, if someone is illegal in the US, I kinda don't really mind them to be deported, it's just sad that there's a kid involved.

:thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

There are privately funded charities that will assist mothers and children staying together. If she's deported, these agencies will gladly purchase a ticket for the child to join its mother.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

:thumbs: Absolutely.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

the child will probably go to social services and she might be deported

VOF

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

:thumbs:

are you calling hard way "marry an American" and get your stuff real quick (green card)??

sorry to say it like this.. but honestly.. you probably don't know why shes here illegally... i personally don't approve illegal aliens.. but on the other hand.. I wouldn't judge if I don't know her story..

how would you feel if this lady was your mother or sister... you wouldn't like it would you?

Edited by carmie and aldo

Love timeline!

08-11-06.........Met my love at my friend's party... got my eyes on her :)

10-20-06.........I finally make you mine!!

01-16-08.........Civil Wedding!! .. :))!! Officially married

AOS

11-07-08 ....... Sent AOS package to Chicago

11-11-08.........Packet delivered Yay!! (day 1)

11-20-08.........Money order's cashed!! (day 9)

11-26-08.........NOA'S in the mail dated for the 18th of November (day 15)

12-09-08.........Biometrics done! (day 28)

12-10-08.........I-765, I-485 touched! (day 29)

01-15-08.........EAD card production ordered! AP notice approval sent ! (day 65)

02-24-09.........Interview @ 12:00 pm !! (day 105)

9377.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.