Y's_habibitk

"A day in the life of USCIS"

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

It appears completely irresponsible whether there are 16,000 or 7,000 employees processing petitions. I would love to know exactly what is involved with the approval process. It appears the petitions are reviewed prior to issuing an NOA1. I wonder how difficult it could be to go ahead and run the approval process from that point as opposed to "touching" the petition several times over the next 7 or 8 months.

I-130 sent-------------------------------06-23-2008

I-130 NOA1-----------------------------06-28-2008

I-129F sent------------------------------07-07-2008

I-129F NOA1-----------------------------08-26-2008

I-130 Touched--------------------------10-07-2008

I-130 Touched--------------------------10-08-2008

I-129F Touched-------------------------02-06-2009

I-129F RFE-------------------------------02-09-2009

I-129F RFE Mailed----------------------02-10-2009

I-129F RFE Received, answered,

and overnite back to VSC--------------02-13-2009

I-129F RFE received by VSC------------02-17-2009

I-129F Processing resumed by VSC---02-18-2009

I-129F Touched--------------------------02-19-2009

I-129F Touched--------------------------02-20-2009

I-129F Touched--------------------------02-23-2009

I-129F Touched--------------------------02-27-2009

I-130 Touched--------------------------02-27-2009

I-129F NOA2-----------------------------02-27-2009

I-130 NOA2-----------------------------02-27-2009

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments...fe_of_uscis.pdf

The first sentence will give you an idea of the bang up job they believe they do. Maybe they do, and it's just Vermont dragging the numbers down eh?

Opener

"Each day USCIS fulfills its promise to provide

accurate and useful information to our customers"

Enjoy!

Lisa

VSC fulfills its promise to provide each day of your life a living nightmare!

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments...fe_of_uscis.pdf

The first sentence will give you an idea of the bang up job they believe they do. Maybe they do, and it's just Vermont dragging the numbers down eh?

Opener

"Each day USCIS fulfills its promise to provide

accurate and useful information to our customers"

Enjoy!

Lisa

VSC fulfills its promise to provide each day of your life a living nightmare!

I do know, I've there before with VSC just this year!

Paris Hearts Desire

Getting re-married via proxy Feb. 10th 2009 Honeymoon in Paris Feb. 11th-15th 2009

Refiling petition: Feb. 17th 2009

9699.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:devil: Lets play a little devil advocate. 40500, called yesterday too to see if their petition is approved that they sent out two months ago. If people would be patient and trust the process they could spend that money on more adjudicators and less operators.

"Additionally, USCIS responds to 41,000 phone inquiries daily"

40999 of those requests receive made up answers that further complicate the situation. The other call is a wrong number.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

It's easy for you to make that comment because you were approved in 2 months. Don't lecture the people who are venting because they are at six, seven, eight, nine, or ten months, just because you got a lucky break. Have sympathy for them, and remain quiet.

:devil: Lets play a little devil advocate. 40500, called yesterday too to see if their petition is approved that they sent out two months ago. If people would be patient and trust the process they could spend that money on more adjudicators and less operators.

40999 of those requests receive made up answers that further complicate the situation. The other call is a wrong number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

well im k1 and i have to say this is the biggest lie or misleading representation of what any of the service offices do that i have ever seen

their real job if it was stated CORRECTLY is to mislead, lie, and generally make a mess out of anyones application that is late......

they get holidays off and have the guts to tell u HAPPY HOLIDAYS and we hope that we have answered ur inquiries.......

excuse me NOOOO YOU DID NOT their answer.................. im sorry but that is all the information that we have and no we can not transfer u to a human that may really be able to help u or give u more information than we have ..........

now thats what they need to really put on that site not some trumped up ####### that even a five year old could see past after their second contact with them :whistle:

Timeline

Husband just was granted his VISA 2 days ago. There are hicups at every step of the way. So we have been waiting over a year and 6 months darlin.

Trust thr process!

It's easy for you to make that comment because you were approved in 2 months. Don't lecture the people who are venting because they are at six, seven, eight, nine, or ten months, just because you got a lucky break. Have sympathy for them, and remain quiet.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Husband just was granted his VISA 2 days ago. There are hicups at every step of the way. So we have been waiting over a year and 6 months darlin.

Trust thr process!

i would trust the process if vsc spit my pet. out in 2 months hey even 5

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

:yes:

Trust thr process!

That's because you took forever getting your stuff to NVC (according to your own timeline you filled out). Those of us waiting 8-10 months have had all our stuff ready like 6 months ago and will be able to fly through NVC in a couple of weeks.

By all means, you can trust their process...they haven't let you down...but they have let us down!

Timeline

I made a coment about phone calls, which turned into I am lecturing.... A little dramatic wouldn't you say??? Why don't you take 1 message and assign your own meaning then have a pity party with it. I was talking about phone calls not anyones long wait or the USCIS process. When I say trust the process, I mean the spiritual process. Which ever higher power that may be for you and yours. If you have none, then run around and be bitter and angry about the USCIS's process.

Don't lecture the people who are venting because they are at six, seven, eight, nine, or ten months, just because you got a lucky break. Have sympathy for them, and remain quiet.

Trust thr process!

No my lawyer that we hired mailed our items in late. It takes me discovery VisaJourney to realize that he was taking his time wth our time sensitive docments. Took him one month to tell us about the NVC fee needed. Then we over night the check to him and he take 3 weeks to mail it to NVC. I paid to delay my case. My husband should have been here by Decmeber 07 or May 08 with the AP. He couldn't have come at a better time. And only would he come at that time.

That's because you took forever getting your stuff to NVC (according to your own timeline you filled out). Those of us waiting 8-10 months have had all our stuff ready like 6 months ago and will be able to fly through NVC in a couple of weeks.

By all means, you can trust their process...they haven't let you down...but they have let us down!

Edited by MrsJibowu

Well, I had a couple beers, then got pizzed, called USCIS, and gave the poor operator a piece of my mind. Shouldnt have, I know, but felt good to vent. She asked me if I realize how many they get a day (petitions) and I told her that to process 3 or 4 a day that rrequire maybe 15 minutes isnt exactly a huge workload there. Told her they all get to go home to their families at Christmas while we remain seperated from our own, and that just stinks. She said they are doing the best they can, and I said "yeh, going to the 6 month time frame, then back to March 8 or whatever, and showing an advance of only 4 days then in a month". I asked here exactly where is my petition in this process, and she said it is in March. I said "yeh, right, as of September! But what about as of December???" She said she knows only what I know. She said 'have a great day" and I said "yeh, right, if I was with my spouse". Anyways, you get the point. I made an azz of myself and vented, and accomplished nothing, I know... other than getting my anger out.... The lazy bums...................

MYy luck I probably messed things up for me too... but then, I dont reckon an operator who only has access to a write protected data base could mess me up... I hope not.

Well, I had a couple beers, then got pizzed, called USCIS, and gave the poor operator a piece of my mind. Shouldnt have, I know, but felt good to vent. She asked me if I realize how many they get a day (petitions) and I told her that to process 3 or 4 a day that rrequire maybe 15 minutes isnt exactly a huge workload there. Told her they all get to go home to their families at Christmas while we remain seperated from our own, and that just stinks. She said they are doing the best they can, and I said "yeh, going to the 6 month time frame, then back to March 8 or whatever, and showing an advance of only 4 days then in a month". I asked here exactly where is my petition in this process, and she said it is in March. I said "yeh, right, as of September! But what about as of December???" She said she knows only what I know. She said 'have a great day" and I said "yeh, right, if I was with my spouse". Anyways, you get the point. I made an azz of myself and vented, and accomplished nothing, I know... other than getting my anger out.... The lazy bums...................

Timeline
MYy luck I probably messed things up for me too... but then, I dont reckon an operator who only has access to a write protected data base could mess me up... I hope not.

We all want to say those things lol

Im certain the operator has no control over the process... (just dont cuss out an officer) heh heh

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Yes, it's a rough life at USCIS, but someone has to do it.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
I made a coment about phone calls, which turned into I am lecturing.... A little dramatic wouldn't you say??? Why don't you take 1 message and assign your own meaning then have a pity party with it. I was talking about phone calls not anyones long wait or the USCIS process. When I say trust the process, I mean the spiritual process. Which ever higher power that may be for you and yours. If you have none, then run around and be bitter and angry about the USCIS's process.

:lol:

You said trust THEIR process...not God's process or a "spiritual" process.

Yeah, we have pity parties every week. It's called the "NO touches NO approvals" thread. Sorry you weren't invited, but it's only for us bitter and angry people running around like a bunch of Godless animals.

Edited by notime4haterz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.