Y's_habibitk

"A day in the life of USCIS"

41 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments...fe_of_uscis.pdf

The first sentence will give you an idea of the bang up job they believe they do. Maybe they do, and it's just Vermont dragging the numbers down eh?

Opener

"Each day USCIS fulfills its promise to provide

accurate and useful information to our customers"

Enjoy!

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Honey, if their promise is to "mislead, confuse, and continually disappoint" all of the US taxpaying customers who ask for competent service from this agency, then it is a job well done.

-CJ

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments...fe_of_uscis.pdf

The first sentence will give you an idea of the bang up job they believe they do. Maybe they do, and it's just Vermont dragging the numbers down eh?

Opener

"Each day USCIS fulfills its promise to provide

accurate and useful information to our customers"

Enjoy!

Lisa

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

"Additionally, USCIS responds to 41,000 phone inquiries daily"

40999 of those requests receive made up answers that further complicate the situation. The other call is a wrong number.

Sheep: Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe.

What a crock of do do. I wish I could give them a piece of my mind about THAT without jeapordizing our K3 petition.

Thumbing my nose at that fantasy land garbage... :thumbs: << (best I could do for thumbing my nose... hehe )

:ot:

Hey, how do I get a pic to appear here permanantly every time I send a response, without having to add it each time? Thanks... hehe

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

so dont laugh now, but I couldnt help but try a roughly calculation of the amount of work they have to handle, to see if all these delays r understandable. I mean they say they receive 6 milion petitions every year, and that sounds like a huge amount of work and is meant to shut anyone's mouth, if u think to complain. but... lets say the 6 mil petitions r split between the 4 service centers. vsc and csc would take like 2 mil each, and the other 2, who dont handle family based immiigration, like 1 mil each. we care about vsc and csc, so we stick with those 2. i calculated for 200 working days,as a minimum. 260 would be if i only cut off weekends, and i cut off 60 more days for holidays, which i know is way too much, but lets keep it at minimum. so if we give 2 mil petitions to 200 working days in vsc, we get 10 000 petitions daily to process. if a work day is 8 hours, and a file to be looked at needs 30 mins (which again i think is too much, considering is just first step, where they only see if u have all papers needed to go forward. tis step only says if u r acomplish all conditions required to ask for a visa). so this would mean 1 worker can handle 16 files daily. now if one worker would handle 16 files, and they have to handle 10 000 in a day, they would need 600 workers to have no delays, and be up to date. and honestly i think they have more than that, if i think that uscis hired 1500 more just one time. ofc is for all centers, but gives u an idea about the number of employeees they already have-many. so in these conditions, id just say they r not overworked, id say would be possible to work with some delay in busy times of the year, but in general with lil delay or no delay. my conclusion, they r just very lazy. probably get a bunch of files on their desk and play solitare all day.

ofc this is roughly aproximated, and i might be deeply wrong, but is how it looks to me

met Lee: sept 2005

married here: 23 feb 2008

I 130 sent :16 march 2008

I 130 NOA1: 20 march 2008

I 129F sent: 11 april 2008

I 129F NOA1: 11 april 2008

I 130 and I 129F NOA2: 12 dec 2008

NVC process:

NVC received and assigned case number for both: 18 dec 2008

(break in the process- Lee comes to spend holidays here 22 dec-5th jan 2009)

DS 3032 generated :? ?

DS 3032 sent : 26 dec 2008 (friend sends it, based on how fast Ds-3032 was generated for Sracastillo and others who had same NOA2 date as me-risky, but worked)

received AOS package and IIN number in mail : 29 dec 2008 (same friend picks up mail and sends us the IIN)

pay the AOS bill online: 29 dec 2008

AOS shows as PAID: 30 dec 2008

my husband goes back and bags with our papers get lost : 5th jan 2009

package IV fee bill generated and paid online: 7th jan 2009

recieved bags and papers: 9th jan 2009

sent AOS package: 9th jan 2009

package IV bill shows PAID and sending package IV : 12 jan 2009

case complete: jan 20th

interview march 30th 2009

I129F

NVC mails I129F package to bucharest embasy

up to this day, no package received at embasy here -one more reason to prove in my case I129F was just useless

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

16,000 employees process 30,000 applications a day... that's less than 2 a day (1.875)... F-them! No wonder it's taking freaking forever!

6 milllion applications a year divided by 16,000 employees is 375 applications a year per employee. That's about 1.02 applications a day if they really are now starting to work Saturday/Sunday (like they claimed).

F-them again!

Accurate information my a$$...they tell people "We're processing Nov 2007 applications" and when we tell them "your website says Feb 26th" they say "oh yeah"...

Timeline
so dont laugh now, but I couldnt help but try a roughly calculation of the amount of work they have to handle, to see if all these delays r understandable. I mean they say they receive 6 milion petitions every year, and that sounds like a huge amount of work and is meant to shut anyone\'s mouth, if u think to complain. but... lets say the 6 mil petitions r split between the 4 service centers. vsc and csc would take like 2 mil each, and the other 2, who dont handle family based immiigration, like 1 mil each. we care about vsc and csc, so we stick with those 2. i calculated for 200 working days,as a minimum. 260 would be if i only cut off weekends, and i cut off 60 more days for holidays, which i know is way too much, but lets keep it at minimum. so if we give 2 mil petitions to 200 working days in vsc, we get 10 000 petitions daily to process. if a work day is 8 hours, and a file to be looked at needs 30 mins (which again i think is too much, considering is just first step, where they only see if u have all papers needed to go forward. tis step only says if u r acomplish all conditions required to ask for a visa). so this would mean 1 worker can handle 16 files daily. now if one worker would handle 16 files, and they have to handle 10 000 in a day, they would need 600 workers to have no delays, and be up to date. and honestly i think they have more than that, if i think that uscis hired 1500 more just one time. ofc is for all centers, but gives u an idea about the number of employeees they already have-many. so in these conditions, id just say they r not overworked, id say would be possible to work with some delay in busy times of the year, but in general with lil delay or no delay. my conclusion, they r just very lazy. probably get a bunch of files on their desk and play solitare all day.

ofc this is roughly aproximated, and i might be deeply wrong, but is how it looks to me

Honestly?

I dont think they are lazy... I just think that family immigration applications are not priority. They dont get a \"ataboy\" for pushing out k3\'s. heh

inefficient and mismanaged, yes..

Edited by Y_habibitk

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

what do u think Lisa? seems Narina didnt wake up in good modd today. me neither, but when my husband saw me grumpy, he composed a letter (and I have to say he was being way to sweet, so I made him add some decent acid into it) about our case. now we just have to think whom to adress it. congresman, senator, mothership, all of them together, frame it and keep it as memory, etc....I know is probably useless, but while u r writting it, feels better. even if it doesnt work, u kind of put yr frustration on paper. is like therapy. so we had fun with writting the letter, and day became better. Ill keep u informed if letter brings any news.have a good day

met Lee: sept 2005

married here: 23 feb 2008

I 130 sent :16 march 2008

I 130 NOA1: 20 march 2008

I 129F sent: 11 april 2008

I 129F NOA1: 11 april 2008

I 130 and I 129F NOA2: 12 dec 2008

NVC process:

NVC received and assigned case number for both: 18 dec 2008

(break in the process- Lee comes to spend holidays here 22 dec-5th jan 2009)

DS 3032 generated :? ?

DS 3032 sent : 26 dec 2008 (friend sends it, based on how fast Ds-3032 was generated for Sracastillo and others who had same NOA2 date as me-risky, but worked)

received AOS package and IIN number in mail : 29 dec 2008 (same friend picks up mail and sends us the IIN)

pay the AOS bill online: 29 dec 2008

AOS shows as PAID: 30 dec 2008

my husband goes back and bags with our papers get lost : 5th jan 2009

package IV fee bill generated and paid online: 7th jan 2009

recieved bags and papers: 9th jan 2009

sent AOS package: 9th jan 2009

package IV bill shows PAID and sending package IV : 12 jan 2009

case complete: jan 20th

interview march 30th 2009

I129F

NVC mails I129F package to bucharest embasy

up to this day, no package received at embasy here -one more reason to prove in my case I129F was just useless

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

My experience with government is that at least half of the 16,000 are managers, directors, commissioners, executive assistants, etc. That leaves 8000 workers. At least 10% of the 8000 are administrative support(including IT support) and another 2% are custodial, engineering and ground maintenance. That leaves roughly 7000 of the 16,000 staff to actually approve petitions. You can do the math from there.

I-130 sent-------------------------------06-23-2008

I-130 NOA1-----------------------------06-28-2008

I-129F sent------------------------------07-07-2008

I-129F NOA1-----------------------------08-26-2008

I-130 Touched--------------------------10-07-2008

I-130 Touched--------------------------10-08-2008

I-129F Touched-------------------------02-06-2009

I-129F RFE-------------------------------02-09-2009

I-129F RFE Mailed----------------------02-10-2009

I-129F RFE Received, answered,

and overnite back to VSC--------------02-13-2009

I-129F RFE received by VSC------------02-17-2009

I-129F Processing resumed by VSC---02-18-2009

I-129F Touched--------------------------02-19-2009

I-129F Touched--------------------------02-20-2009

I-129F Touched--------------------------02-23-2009

I-129F Touched--------------------------02-27-2009

I-130 Touched--------------------------02-27-2009

I-129F NOA2-----------------------------02-27-2009

I-130 NOA2-----------------------------02-27-2009

Timeline
what do u think Lisa? seems Narina didnt wake up in good modd today. me neither, but when my husband saw me grumpy, he composed a letter (and I have to say he was being way to sweet, so I made him add some decent acid into it) about our case. now we just have to think whom to adress it. congresman, senator, mothership, all of them together, frame it and keep it as memory, etc....I know is probably useless, but while u r writting it, feels better. even if it doesnt work, u kind of put yr frustration on paper. is like therapy. so we had fun with writting the letter, and day became better. Ill keep u informed if letter brings any news.have a good day

You know.. I LOVE writing letters to congress, or to anyone who will listen. You are so right, it makes me feel better..very cathartic. heh

Im in a particularly sh*tty mood today also :D

Lisa

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
My experience with government is that at least half of the 16,000 are managers, directors, commissioners, executive assistants, etc. That leaves 8000 workers. At least 10% of the 8000 are administrative support(including IT support) and another 2% are custodial, engineering and ground maintenance. That leaves roughly 7000 of the 16,000 staff to actually approve petitions. You can do the math from there.

Big deal, it brings it to 4 applications...in an 8 hour shift. How long does it take to read a 1-2 page application? It's not like they're the ones reviewing all the information. That's done at NVC. Their only job is to check the application, make sure it's complete, and check the marriage documents or birth certificate.

The bigger job is with NVC which have to go through several pages of applications, a million other supporting documents, etc. Yet NVC (if the package is complete and turned in correctly) only takes a few weeks to complete their job.

Nope, I think they're a bunch of lazy people that just don't care, because USCIS is basically accountable to no one.

And I don't see why half of the 16,000 would be titled people that don't work. I can see maybe 1/4, but not 1/2.

Timeline

Big deal, it brings it to 4 applications...in an 8 hour shift. How long does it take to read a 1-2 page application? It's not like they're the ones reviewing all the information. That's done at NVC. Their only job is to check the application, make sure it's complete, and check the marriage documents or birth certificate.

The bigger job is with NVC which have to go through several pages of applications, a million other supporting documents, etc. Yet NVC (if the package is complete and turned in correctly) only takes a few weeks to complete their job.

Nope, I think they're a bunch of lazy people that just don't care, because USCIS is basically accountable to no one.

And I don't see why half of the 16,000 would be titled people that don't work. I can see maybe 1/4, but not 1/2.

oh quit it with your bad mood! lol kidding

I agree, it really doesnt matter how you break it down...they can do a better job, we have a GLARING comparision with a little center in CA. USCIS answers to no one when it comes to family based petitions. They can brag about naturization processing and look really efficient. Thats where their efficiency ends nowadays. There was a time long long ago in a galaxy far away when VSC was indeed faster than CSC.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.