Krissy!

Is it just the distance, or is it something more...

190 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

And we are all totally rooting for you. So many prayers and thoughts your way and hoping everything is worked out! Just keep communicating and doing the best you can and inshallah you'll find a positive solution! (F)

Thank you to all for providing the support that I'm not the "confused" one here. I just read the last few comments -- and that's EXACTLY my thoughts. Love the words of advice from the grandmother and sister.

I agree I must get out of the relationship while I still can. We still correspond (but not as much as we used to because I specifically asked for "space"). This guy is very infratuated with me. I love him very much but I just can not tolerate this kind of behavior, and know it would not totally end, even at his insistence (I already seen a small trace of it since he "promised"). So yes, I don't think I could handle 100x of this later on in marriage.

So, I'm slowly beginning the steps of disassociating myself from him. It's very difficult as I do fear certain things, but I will remain strong as possible with support.

I don't think I'll completely stop coming to VJ.com. This is a great group of MENA women (and man), and I'm rooting for all of you.

Bless you all.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thank you to all for providing the support that I'm not the "confused" one here. I just read the last few comments -- and that's EXACTLY my thoughts. Love the words of advice from the grandmother and sister.

I agree I must get out of the relationship while I still can. We still correspond (but not as much as we used to because I specifically asked for "space"). This guy is very infratuated with me. I love him very much but I just can not tolerate this kind of behavior, and know it would not totally end, even at his insistence (I already seen a small trace of it since he "promised"). So yes, I don't think I could handle 100x of this later on in marriage.

So, I'm slowly beginning the steps of disassociating myself from him. It's very difficult as I do fear certain things, but I will remain strong as possible with support.

I don't think I'll completely stop coming to VJ.com. This is a great group of MENA women (and man), and I'm rooting for all of you.

Bless you all.

I am sorry things didn't work out, but I think you are one smart woman to get out now. Too many women turn off their intuitition and close their eyes to all of the signals. You are one strong woman! I hope you find what you really want in life, don't settle for less.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Bless you all.

I am sorry things didn't work out, but I think you are one smart woman to get out now. Too many women turn off their intuitition and close their eyes to all of the signals. You are one strong woman! I hope you find what you really want in life, don't settle for less.

:thumbs:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
AGREED HENIA. Often the ones doing the majority of the accusing are the ones doing it themselves. Or living a life that they dont want their spouse to live, thats for sure.

:thumbs: i'll second that - been there and done that, got the t-shirt.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

My situation is a little different, but there are some similarities. My husband is extremely possessive and jealous. This drove me crazy at first. He had so many rules and constantly asked me about where I've been and what I've been doing and with who. Me being the strong person I am didn't tolerate it. We had times where we didn't talk at all for a couple days. Slowly, over many months we worked out compromises and calmed things down. I always send him a message or call him if I plan on doing a shopping trip or going out with friends. He knows who I am with and about how long I will be gone and where I will go. This would not be uncommon even in a marriage here with two Americans. He has learned to not be harsh in his behavior and over time he feels secure and trusts me a lot more. I think my big mistake in the beginning was not wanting to be held accountable to anyone. Over time I realized that was how I destroyed my last marriage. The guy I was married to first was wholly American and not possessive at all or even jealous. Yet my first husband often claimed that it was like we were two people living in the same house. He told me I didn't need him. So this time I took what my current husband said and really thought about my behavior. I got over my super independence that made me feel I shouldn't answer to anyone. Now my husband feels secure in knowing what is going on with his wife and I feel better because I am not being hounded to death. The key for us was communication. After we figured out the best way to do it, things got a lot better and I thank God for that. As an estimation, I would say it took almost a year from the time we met each other until we worked it all out.

Not saying this fits anyone else's problems or situations, but I wanted to put it out there in case anyone thinks they may have a similar situation. In my case, my husband just wanted to feel secure since he couldn't be near me. Once I learned to do that, everything else fell in place and we are much happier. I am not totally restricted. I go out with friends or even an occassional gathering. My husband knows about it and I just always ask him first and discuss it with him before I commit to anything. He just likes that he is a part of the decision. He almost never tells me I can't do something so long as I discuss it and it is not something bad (like going to the club or a place with lots of drinking or bad people).

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Hello everyone . I just checked this and wow everyone talk about us ! Thanks everyone for opinions.

Honey I explained for you everything . I did apologize and i would like to Apologize again front of whole those peoples on here . I do admit that i did somthing wrong that i freaked at you which is that too wrong . I do fully realize what i did and i will never do it again I Prmise ! I Learned my lesson ! so here i am saying ( So Sorry sweetie ) XXX i wish i could be there with you right now to show you some love , to cuddle you and kiss you and telll you in person that i am really sorry !

There is a saying says" The Love is Forgiveness " I do belive in it .

Problem and arguments do happened between couples , and life without that would be perfect which is not exist!! So , We love each other and we had good and bad times and we dreamed about our future and just only this argument even it was stupidity from me.

I Do Love you Kristen From my deep Heart . You bloom my heart and life sweetie ! i want you to know this so well !

Even if you wanna leave me for real , i want you to know that i will still love You Till i Die !!!

I want everyone Knows That i Love My Kristen so much !! and i Promise her front of you all pplz that i will never do that again ! Because that does hurt me also ! Hurt me so far ! You know that honey ! i was at hospital over what happened.

post-49783-1219552454_thumb.jpg

Culture Is The Most Important Thing in Creating Your Personality and to Make U Higher than the Sky or lower Than Earth

n674502295_188090_9757.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
AGREED HENIA. Often the ones doing the majority of the accusing are the ones doing it themselves. Or living a life that they dont want their spouse to live, thats for sure.

:thumbs: i'll second that - been there and done that, got the t-shirt.

Yeah, I have to agree.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:pop:

Ha.....Jackie......

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

yOU GUYS JUSDGE ON ME WHILE I AM NOT HERE . YOU GUYS DONT KNOW ME RIGHT ? AND DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED EXCATLY ! SO HOW YOU GUYS SAY STUFF AND JUDGE ON RELATIONSHIPS ?

Culture Is The Most Important Thing in Creating Your Personality and to Make U Higher than the Sky or lower Than Earth

n674502295_188090_9757.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.