This is crazy

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The I-767C has two dates on it:

The Receipt Date

and

The Notice Date.

I have yet to find someone who can say beyond the shadow of a doubt which date is the date the USCIS keys on.

Someone responded that it's the date and time they stamp the Petition package with.

That helps ... absolutely for nothing.

We don't know what the date-time stamp is they stamped the petition package with.

I wonder if anyone knows which date the IMBRA is keying on.

The reason I keep asking is my Receipt Date is 3/1; the Notice Date is 3/7.

One is before the cutoff and the other is after.

Larry and Maria

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I may be completely wrong about this, but I assumed (I know, I know) that Vermont is faster than the others simply because they probably don't get as many visa petitions as the other service centers. If you look at the states that have to file at Texas and California, for example, it seems to me that there's a good probability that they have a higher immigration rate than other parts of the country.

If this is correct, then a realignment would be in order so that more states would be filing at the Vermont center and less at the others. That would help bring all the centers in line with each other. If I'm completely wrong about that, then feel free to tell me I'm crazy or ignore this post altogether.

Edited by zed2283

I-129F (K-1 Fiancee Visa)

11/29/05 sent I-129F

12/07/05 rec'd NOA1

03/06/06 rec'd NOA2

03/21/06 NVC case# assigned

03/22/06 case left NVC for Bogota

03/24/06 package rec'd in Bogota

03/28/06 packet 3 mailed from embassy

04/12/06 called embassy and requested to re-send packet 3

04/18/06 faxed and mailed packet 3

04/21/06 rec'd BOTH packet 3's...

05/01/06 rec'd packet 4

05/24/06 interview - APROBADO!!

06/03/06 flew to Barranquilla

06/05/06 back in the States with my novia

09/01/06 MARRIED!!

I-485 (AOS) / I-765 (EAD)

09/19/06 sent I-485 and I-765

09/29/06 rec'd NOA for I-485 and I-765

10/10/06 AOS transferred to CSC

10/20/06 biometrics appt.

10/26/06 I-485 APPROVED, welcome letter sent!

10/30/06 welcome letter rec'd in the mail

11/02/06 REC'D GREEN CARD!

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

07/30/08 sent I-751

08/15/08 rec'd NOA from VSC

09/10/08 biometrics appt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I may be completely wrong about this, but I assumed (I know, I know) that Vermont is faster than the others simply because they probably don't get as many visa petitions as the other service centers. If you look at the states that have to file at Texas and California, for example, it seems to me that there's a good probability that they have a higher immigration rate than other parts of the country.

If this is correct, then a realignment would be in order so that more states would be filing at the Vermont center and less at the others. That would help bring all the centers in line with each other. If I'm completely wrong about that, then feel free to tell me I'm crazy or ignore this post altogether.

I believe you hit the nail on the head!!! This was one of the main points I was trying to make and you said it perfectly. I am truly sorry that I started something that obviously hit a nerve with folks. I was really not trying to wage a war. I just wanted to point out that these un-ethical recalls and cancellation of embassy appointments "MAY" have been prevented if the three service centers were aligned similar.

I certainly do not want people waiting longer but I only hope they will find a solution to balance things so each service center is similar in timelines......

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lets all revolt!

:lol::lol: You are sooo funny icey........ :D:D

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

The Receipt Date

and

The Notice Date.

I have yet to find someone who can say beyond the shadow of a doubt which date is the date the USCIS keys on.

Someone responded that it's the date and time they stamp the Petition package with.

We don't know what the date-time stamp is they stamped the petition package with.

'Larry and Maria'

Please yourself...I gave you the information as to what the receipt date on your NOA1 was.......I guess I need to explain further.

The receipt date on the NOA is the day the service center physical received your petition which is the date-time stamp on the petition. The NOA Notice Date is the date it was entered into the system and a NOA generated. Anything to do with your process including guaging whether your case is overdue is taken from the receipt date (the date it was phsically received at the service center)..not the NOA notice date. The NOA2 has nothing to do with whether you will or may be affected by the IMBRA. Any petition received after March 6 (the date stamped on your petition which is the receipt date on your NOA1) are the ones affected by the IMBRA. As your reciept date is 3/1 then you filed before the Act came into effect and should not come under the IMBRA.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll get your interviews ASAP! (F)

Our K1 Journey Click Here
K1 Interview in Jakarta Click Here
AOS Journey:
May 02, 2006 :AOS Sent to Chicago...Let the couting begin
May 03, 2006 :AOS received in Chicago
May 12, 2006 :Received NOA1 dated 05/09/2006
May 22, 2006 Biometrics Notice Rcvd dated 05/17/2006
May 30, 2006 :Biometrics done in ASC Birmingham
July 01, 2006 :Interview Letter received
Aug 30, 2006 :Interview in Atlanta & got RFE for I-693A! OUCH!!!
November, 2006 :I-693A Sent. The waiting goes on...
April 4, 2007: Infopass & it doesn't help at all!!!
April 18, 2007 :Contacting our Congressman.
May 18, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, Welcome Notice Sent! Finally!!!
April 22, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, GC has been ordered
April 24, 2007 : Welcome Notice Rvcd. Yeeehaaa!!!!
June 1, 2007: GC arrived! Yippy! USCIS Free for 2 years!
2008: Moved to China
2009: Conditional GC Expired and Husband has been having affairs since 2008 in China. Can't file for ROC since he got laid off. He came to Jakarta to live with me and my parents. He got a new job. Life resume to normal or so I thought.
March 2010: Officially separated after yet more affairs exposed just a day after my birthday!

February 2011: Officially divorced.
June 18, 2011: He married the girl he had the last affair with.

August 2014: I am engaged with my real soulmate. Not an American.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

The Receipt Date

and

The Notice Date.

'Larry and Maria'

Please yourself...I gave you the information as to what the receipt date on your NOA1 was.......I guess I need to explain further.

The receipt date on the NOA is the day the service center physical received your petition which is the date-time stamp on the petition. The NOA Notice Date is the date it was entered into the system and a NOA generated. Anything to do with your process including guaging whether your case is overdue is taken from the receipt date (the date it was phsically received at the service center)..not the NOA notice date. The NOA2 has nothing to do with whether you will or may be affected by the IMBRA. Any petition received after March 6 (the date stamped on your petition which is the receipt date on your NOA1) are the ones affected by the IMBRA. As your reciept date is 3/1 then you filed before the Act came into effect and should not come under the IMBRA.

wow... ok aussie... I have a strange case... I recieved an RFE for not sending them the check (duh)...

I'm looking at my I-797C and it has a "Recieved Date" of 2-13-06 and a Notice date of 3-10-06....

So when you say "receipt" date you really mean "recieved date" ?

I'm not sure which date to put as my NOA1 date in my timeline!

Maybe I'm just nuts...

Ok.. I just realized when I was looking at the timeline it says "Receipt date" next to NOA1... duh. ok i'm updated now..

ok... updating my timeline didn't do anything to change my estimated noa2 date... so .. either way it doesnt matter... but I guess since my receipt date is 2-13 I shouldnt be subject to imbra.. but who knows what they're doing these days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I was very confused about this as well. We filed at TSC, but got the NOA1and NOA2 from CSC.

Since we got our NOA2, I hope, we are good to go!?

At least the notice said, our case has been sent to the NVC and we should hear from them in 2-4 weeks...

Sometimes I really wonder, what these people are doing...not that I can really complain so far, but geez.... :no:

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think I kinda have to agree with Joey on this. Vermont was processing those approvals sooooooo fast so the NOA1 date on all those approvals was after March 6. Now...they have to go back and re-process those cases since most of them will be re-called for the futher security checks. The reason CSC/Texas is still moving is because they are just now processing cases that have a NOA1 receipt BEFORE March 6.

I hope this makes sense......I am sure they will begin processing these cases soon but if you put things into perspective, Vermont folks are now in the same waiting timeline as CSC folks........which I think is only fair............(I am sorry...don't shoot me!!!!!!!) :blush:

Really though....one processing center should not be any faster than the next because there is not any equitibility in that..........

Sorry guys............. :(

Sorry, I have to agree too. Vermont has been the one service center that flies the petitions through while everyone else at the service center wait for weeks and weeks. Everything should really be the same across the board at the centers.

The problem though from much that I have read is in administration.....that is not VSC's problem. Service centers believe it or not.....do have different ways of doing things.....that is where the problem lays. Plus there has been 'fraud ring busts' in California etc.....it all contributes. To be glad this is happening to those going through VSC just so it puts them in line with the other service centers is pretty fcuked up reasoning if you ask me....and I have never been so disappointed in my life to hear that coming from other members. You guys should be ashamed.

I agree.

Hey, I'm glad Vermont is fast for people too, heck, wished I could've gone thorough Vermont instead of waiting for months for my NOA2. All I was trying to say is that all service centers should process on the same timely manner. No reason why one person has to wait 3 months or longer for a NOA2 and another gets the NOA2 in a couple weeks. Didn't mean to pi$$ anyone off.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

The Receipt Date

and

The Notice Date.

'Larry and Maria'

wow... ok aussie... I have a strange case... I recieved an RFE for not sending them the check (duh)...

I'm looking at my I-797C and it has a "Recieved Date" of 2-13-06 and a Notice date of 3-10-06....

So when you say "receipt" date you really mean "recieved date" ?

I'm not sure which date to put as my NOA1 date in my timeline!

Maybe I'm just nuts...

Ok.. I just realized when I was looking at the timeline it says "Receipt date" next to NOA1... duh. ok i'm updated now..

ok... updating my timeline didn't do anything to change my estimated noa2 date... so .. either way it doesnt matter... but I guess since my receipt date is 2-13 I shouldnt be subject to imbra.. but who knows what they're doing these days

I had the same situation, and they sent the whole package back to me with my incorrect check, so I had to resend the package to them with the CORRECT check, I dont think the receipt date counted the first time around, your case may be different though since you didnt say that they sent the whole thing back to you

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.