Igor Brukker

This is crazy

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This just crazy and complete BS. My case has being processing in Vermont since March 8th,

for the last 3 weeks they were telling me it was in security check and today I was told by

Vermont that they halted processing of all cases because of this new IMBRA law. Can anybody

confirm that. I am form the same country and city as my fiancee and we know each other for

more than 10 years, how the hell this new law is concerning us.

Edited by Igor Brukker

I-129F NOA1 03-08-2006

I-129F RFE 06-16-2006

RFE Delivered 06-23-2006

Touch 06-24-2006

Approved 08-13-2006

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It appears this new law will be affecting A LOT of people, not just you and the VSC. This certainly explains why no NOA2s have been coming out of VSC lately. :( Hang in there!

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

This is just a guess and feel free anyone to shoot me down - but i imagine they'll be halting new case reviews for a bit to look over and re-clear the ones that are coming back for additional checks as some of those people already had interviews scheduled, medicals done, etc. Again, that's just a guess... :(

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

I refer to this lucky couple.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13468

They got their NOA2 today from Texas. So they have not stopped working and I doubt if any of the others have stopped also.

Gary - god bless your optimism I hope you are right, but I suspect it will depend on which SC you are going through. I will be amazed knowing the USCIS if this does not cause some delays!

Gary - god bless your optimism I hope you are right, but I suspect it will depend on which SC you are going through. I will be amazed knowing the USCIS if this does not cause some delays!

That may be true for the moment. I just saw another person from Texas SC got their NOA2 today. So things are moving in at least Texas and they have the same problem as the rest of the SC.

Question, have they stopped shipping texas cases to CSC? or are they still doing that?

Lifting of Conditions

*Sent form 05/15 to CA Service Center

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

*Notification of RFE acceptance 10/2009

*Interview Date: December 4th!

*January 9th: Received 10 year Green Card in the mail :)

Question, have they stopped shipping texas cases to CSC? or are they still doing that?

Texas is still shipping all K1's to CSC

What is this new law that is slowing down processing?

IMBRA relates to marriage broking services now some spousal and fiance visas are subject to further security checks supposedly to prevent abuse

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

FYI

If you go to the USCIS web site and do a search for IMBRA, there's a 5/5/06 Memorandum issued by USCIS on IMBRA.

Not much info; only looks like they're starting to come out with guidelines.

If I remember correctly, the memo says forthcoming will be more guidelines.

Larry and Maria

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think I kinda have to agree with Joey on this. Vermont was processing those approvals sooooooo fast so the NOA1 date on all those approvals was after March 6. Now...they have to go back and re-process those cases since most of them will be re-called for the futher security checks. The reason CSC/Texas is still moving is because they are just now processing cases that have a NOA1 receipt BEFORE March 6.

I hope this makes sense......I am sure they will begin processing these cases soon but if you put things into perspective, Vermont folks are now in the same waiting timeline as CSC folks........which I think is only fair............(I am sorry...don't shoot me!!!!!!!) :blush:

Really though....one processing center should not be any faster than the next because there is not any equitibility in that..........

Sorry guys............. :(

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

IMBRA relates to more than just the use of marriage brokerage services. It also relates to the multiple filing of petitions. In that aspect, every new petition will subject to checks on the petitioner for previous filings.

yeap...i think people overlook this area..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I think I kinda have to agree with Joey on this. Vermont was processing those approvals sooooooo fast so the NOA1 date on all those approvals was after March 6. Now...they have to go back and re-process those cases since most of them will be re-called for the futher security checks. The reason CSC/Texas is still moving is because they are just now processing cases that have a NOA1 receipt BEFORE March 6.

I hope this makes sense......I am sure they will begin processing these cases soon but if you put things into perspective, Vermont folks are now in the same waiting timeline as CSC folks........which I think is only fair............(I am sorry...don't shoot me!!!!!!!) :blush:

Really though....one processing center should not be any faster than the next because there is not any equitibility in that..........

Sorry guys............. :(

Sorry, I have to agree too. Vermont has been the one service center that flies the petitions through while everyone else at the service center wait for weeks and weeks. Everything should really be the same across the board at the centers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.