Jaylen Brit

Pregnant at 11

178 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Sorry OyenJames, I hit the reply button as soon as I saw your post. I was working my way through them one at a time. I didn't see that you were already told quite a few times already.

PLEASE do whatever you have to do to stop this. If it is happening under your roof and with you and your husbands knowledge then you both could be legally liable. That could affect any future immigration decisions for you.

Thank you GaryC, believe me we are trying. :(

Our K1 Journey Click Here
K1 Interview in Jakarta Click Here
AOS Journey:
May 02, 2006 :AOS Sent to Chicago...Let the couting begin
May 03, 2006 :AOS received in Chicago
May 12, 2006 :Received NOA1 dated 05/09/2006
May 22, 2006 Biometrics Notice Rcvd dated 05/17/2006
May 30, 2006 :Biometrics done in ASC Birmingham
July 01, 2006 :Interview Letter received
Aug 30, 2006 :Interview in Atlanta & got RFE for I-693A! OUCH!!!
November, 2006 :I-693A Sent. The waiting goes on...
April 4, 2007: Infopass & it doesn't help at all!!!
April 18, 2007 :Contacting our Congressman.
May 18, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, Welcome Notice Sent! Finally!!!
April 22, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, GC has been ordered
April 24, 2007 : Welcome Notice Rvcd. Yeeehaaa!!!!
June 1, 2007: GC arrived! Yippy! USCIS Free for 2 years!
2008: Moved to China
2009: Conditional GC Expired and Husband has been having affairs since 2008 in China. Can't file for ROC since he got laid off. He came to Jakarta to live with me and my parents. He got a new job. Life resume to normal or so I thought.
March 2010: Officially separated after yet more affairs exposed just a day after my birthday!

February 2011: Officially divorced.
June 18, 2011: He married the girl he had the last affair with.

August 2014: I am engaged with my real soulmate. Not an American.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
12 May 2006

PREGNANT... AT JUST 11

Schoolgirl will be UK's youngest mum

By Pete Samson

A GIRL who became pregnant at 11 is to become Britain's youngest mum.

The schoolgirl, who is now 12, discovered she was expecting after a boozy one-night stand with a 15-year-old.

She will be 12 years and eight months old when she gives birth next month.

The girl, who smokes despite being heavily pregnant, said: I didn't think I'd get pregnant

because it was my first time. But I'm really excited and looking forward to being a mum.

The 12-year-old comes from a large family in West Lothian, Scotland, and has an eight-month-old brother.

Her 34-year-old mother insists she is proud of her daughter.

The girl added:I think I'll cope as I've had lots of practice with my brothers.

I know how to feed a baby its bottle and I can change nappies.

But I panic and cry if they're sick and I don't like giving them a bath because I'm frightened.

The girl, who claimed she has given up drinking, wants a boy.

She had unprotected sex with the 15-year-old in Edinburgh last August. He could face legal action.

Britain's current youngest mum is Jenny Teague, of Dorset, who had a baby age 12 years and nine months in 1997.

Source

The bold, btw, is mine..I just want to slap the mother right now. :angry:

Thats it! My daughter is getting a chastity belt!!!

I-130

2005-09-23 Sent I-130.

2005-10-05 I-130 NOA1

2006-02-19 *touched*

2006-02-21 RFE

2006-03-09 RFE received by CSC

2006-03-29 I-130 NOA2

2006-03-31 *touched*

2006-04-01 *touched*

2006-04-12 NVC assigned case number

I-129F

2005-11-18 I-129F Sent

2005-11-29 I-129F NOA1

2005-12-27 I-129F RFE :(

2006-01-13 I-129F RFE Reply sent.

2006-01-25 *touched*

2006-01-26 I-129F RFE received

2006-04-04 *touched*

2006-04-04 NOA2 **approved!!!**

2006-04-20 NVC assigned case number

2006-04-21 case forwarded to embassy

2006-04-26 packet 3 received

2006-05-02 packet 3 sent

2006-05-04 packet 4 received

2006-05-15 Interview in Stockholm **APPROVED**

2006-05-23 My sweetie is coming home!!

Filed: Timeline

my comments are in red!

That's true... IMO, it's not the fact that these girls are getting pregnant so young, [to me it is...I'm not here to impose morality on grown adults, but a pregnant 11 year old is wrong wrong wrong!!!] it's natural for a woman to start a family after her body is ready for it (her menses begin) if that is what she chooses...[so technically an 11 has the power to choose?] it's the fact that all these girls are getting knocked up and they're NOT married!!! you see this as the real tragedy here? The MEN (I use that word lightly) who are getting these girls pregnant are not taking any responsibilty at all. [men are getting them preggers, but females who have the power to reproduce are girls???] They are not sticking around to help raise the kids or pay any expenses so now these children are growing up without fathers and as a drain on society.[there are many unwed families that include men who DO contribute] They need fathers. There is most likely a pretty good reason why God created us to need TWO people to make a baby and it's probably safe to assume that it wasn't so that one party could get his rocks off and then leave the other saddled with all the responsibilities. :no: And it's become acceptable in our culture to be an unwed mother! [this you see as worse than a pregnant 11 year old???] 50 years ago if a girl "got herself into trouble" it was kept a secret as much as possible. [50 years ago, black people were second class citizens, women were dependant on men 50 years ago a husband could beat his wife and no one would say anything...hundreds of years ago we shat in buckets...does that mean it's better than plumbing cos it came first?] People were ashamed of it but now we're PROUD OF THEM???? [proud of grown women choosing what they want in life? it's not your job to impose your morals on another] Most of these girls do not stop this behavior after the first one either. By the time they're 30 they will have two, three or more children by different men. And those children are learning from their parents example that this type of behavior is OK! :angry:

I am honestly stunned that you chose this topic to go off on a rant about unwed adult mothers when an 11 year old is pregnant yet you say it's 'natural' that she's pregnant.

Oh, I alsxo agree with Welshie...he's no rapist, just a dumb teen. But I"ll add...if he's going down for rape, so should she. They are both as guilty as each other.

That's true... IMO, it's not the fact that these girls are getting pregnant so young, [to me it is...I'm not here to impose morality on grown adults, but a pregnant 11 year old is wrong wrong wrong!!!] it's natural for a woman to start a family after her body is ready for it (her menses begin) if that is what she chooses...[so technically an 11 has the power to choose?] it's the fact that all these girls are getting knocked up and they're NOT married!!! you see this as the real tragedy here? The MEN (I use that word lightly) who are getting these girls pregnant are not taking any responsibilty at all. [men are getting them preggers, but females who have the power to reproduce are girls???] They are not sticking around to help raise the kids or pay any expenses so now these children are growing up without fathers and as a drain on society.[there are many unwed families that include men who DO contribute] They need fathers. There is most likely a pretty good reason why God created us to need TWO people to make a baby and it's probably safe to assume that it wasn't so that one party could get his rocks off and then leave the other saddled with all the responsibilities. :no: And it's become acceptable in our culture to be an unwed mother! [this you see as worse than a pregnant 11 year old???] 50 years ago if a girl "got herself into trouble" it was kept a secret as much as possible. [50 years ago, black people were second class citizens, women were dependant on men 50 years ago a husband could beat his wife and no one would say anything...hundreds of years ago we shat in buckets...does that mean it's better than plumbing cos it came first?] People were ashamed of it but now we're PROUD OF THEM???? [proud of grown women choosing what they want in life? it's not your job to impose your morals on another] Most of these girls do not stop this behavior after the first one either. By the time they're 30 they will have two, three or more children by different men. And those children are learning from their parents example that this type of behavior is OK! :angry:

Just noticed I missed highlighting that last comment of mine in your post.

Nice work on the rebuttal Lisa.

So is it OK or not to hook up with an 11 year old because her body is ready?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Never.

That's right..I say NEVER - not even if they are menstruating - I dont care if it was the norm for our ancestors; we are NOT living in those times anymore. 11 year olds should NOT be at a stage in their lives, no matter how 'mature' they or their woefully misguided parents think they are, that they are contemplating sexual relations with another person.

As for the unwed points - I dont care what adults choose to do, they are ADULTS and have the power to make choices - this is a CHILD and her situation is in no way similar.

Dawn, I agree that if one party is punished so should the other be - IMO the most guilty party is the parent or parents of the 11 year old; I doubt very much her drinking and smoking happened for the first time all in one night (the sex, possibly that was new, the girl is quoted as saying it was her first time). Neither one of these kids appears to have had any sex education either. My kid is 10, she knows how babies are made, (I explained it to her) she's said she never wants to do it cos it sounds 'revolting' and there are many things she wants to do lin life without the responsibility of a child of her own, and that suits me just fine :D

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 May 2006

PREGNANT... AT JUST 11

Some dont even have their period yet at 11! :no:

:blink::o

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

Never.

That's right..I say NEVER - not even if they are menstruating - I dont care if it was the norm for our ancestors; we are NOT living in those times anymore. 11 year olds should NOT be at a stage in their lives, no matter how 'mature' they or their woefully misguided parents think they are, that they are contemplating sexual relations with another person.

As for the unwed points - I dont care what adults choose to do, they are ADULTS and have the power to make choices - this is a CHILD and her situation is in no way similar.

Dawn, I agree that if one party is punished so should the other be - IMO the most guilty party is the parent or parents of the 11 year old; I doubt very much her drinking and smoking happened for the first time all in one night (the sex, possibly that was new, the girl is quoted as saying it was her first time). Neither one of these kids appears to have had any sex education either. My kid is 10, she knows how babies are made, (I explained it to her) she's said she never wants to do it cos it sounds 'revolting' and there are many things she wants to do lin life without the responsibility of a child of her own, and that suits me just fine :D

Just joking. The whole 'ready' thing works in the animal world. We are not animals. It's as simple as that.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Other Timeline

I was in Scotland last week and this was all over the TV news. Its rather frightening really, that this girl's parents seem to be a bit lacsidaisical about it. Kinda like "oh well, she's 11, what are we to do?"

I'll tell ya what tho, I knew a young woman a few years ago who'd had a baby at age 12, and she nearly died during the birth. Her priest came in and gave last rights even. Being Catholic of course abortion was out of the question, but she was mentally and physically much too young to have that child. Thankfully she lived, and so did her son. Her son was adopted by her own parents, but he always knew who his natural birth mother was. AFAIK, she tried later to get custody, but I don't know what happened.

She was 12 and really didn't know what was happening. Her "boyfriend" at the time was a couple of years older (I can't remember exacts). When it was found out she was pregnant, her parents insisted that she birth the child. Scary thought really IMO.

Just because 7 or 8 generations ago it was "normal" for 12 year olds to be married and having babies, doesn't mean that today it should be "normal". Life expectancy back then was incredibly young, and women died all the time during birth. Which is why now children are supposed to be in school until 18 now, to protect them from things like this. Sex education these days leaves a lot to be desired just about anywhere in the world. Its not limited to one country, or one culture or or or...if there are pre-teens getting pregnant then someone's not teaching them properly.

We dont know the whole story here, and may never will. She may have been passed out and unable to push the boy away. It happens all the time (I know, BTDT). She may have been drunk enough she didn't know what was going on. She may have instigated it, we'll just never know.

The point is tho, that parents really need to get across that this just isn't cool, and could potentiall by life threatening. To both "parents". The mother because she could very well die, if she doesn't, she's saddled with this child the rest of her life because she never learned consequences. And to the father because now with a sex offence on his record, he'll have a helluva time doing anything worthwhile with his life now. He'll be labelled forever.

I think its a sad state of affairs, now, and even 20 or 100 or 200 years ago. Just because a girl is menstruating, doesn't make her ready to be a parent.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

I was in Scotland last week and this was all over the TV news. Its rather frightening really, that this girl's parents seem to be a bit lacsidaisical about it. Kinda like "oh well, she's 11, what are we to do?"

I'll tell ya what tho, I knew a young woman a few years ago who'd had a baby at age 12, and she nearly died during the birth. Her priest came in and gave last rights even. Being Catholic of course abortion was out of the question, but she was mentally and physically much too young to have that child. Thankfully she lived, and so did her son. Her son was adopted by her own parents, but he always knew who his natural birth mother was. AFAIK, she tried later to get custody, but I don't know what happened.

She was 12 and really didn't know what was happening. Her "boyfriend" at the time was a couple of years older (I can't remember exacts). When it was found out she was pregnant, her parents insisted that she birth the child. Scary thought really IMO.

Just because 7 or 8 generations ago it was "normal" for 12 year olds to be married and having babies, doesn't mean that today it should be "normal". Life expectancy back then was incredibly young, and women died all the time during birth. Which is why now children are supposed to be in school until 18 now, to protect them from things like this. Sex education these days leaves a lot to be desired just about anywhere in the world. Its not limited to one country, or one culture or or or...if there are pre-teens getting pregnant then someone's not teaching them properly.

We dont know the whole story here, and may never will. She may have been passed out and unable to push the boy away. It happens all the time (I know, BTDT). She may have been drunk enough she didn't know what was going on. She may have instigated it, we'll just never know.

The point is tho, that parents really need to get across that this just isn't cool, and could potentiall by life threatening. To both "parents". The mother because she could very well die, if she doesn't, she's saddled with this child the rest of her life because she never learned consequences. And to the father because now with a sex offence on his record, he'll have a helluva time doing anything worthwhile with his life now. He'll be labelled forever.

I think its a sad state of affairs, now, and even 20 or 100 or 200 years ago. Just because a girl is menstruating, doesn't make her ready to be a parent.

I've highlighted a part that always annoys the heck out of me (not against you Reba hun, I know you're quoting)

What happened to 'because he/she/they are Catholic they did not indulge in pre-marital sex?'

I see the 'no abortion because they were of whatever faith' quoted SO many times, but the people involved never seem to 'remember' a large part of the tenet of their faith also states 'no sex without marriage'.

Why invoke their faith at all? Is it not just 'ok' to say they don't WANT one?

/soapbox

/rant

Other than that I agree with the above - sorry to veer slightly off topic :)

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

What happened to 'because he/she/they are Catholic they did not indulge in pre-marital sex?'

I see the 'no abortion because they were of whatever faith' quoted SO many times, but the people involved never seem to 'remember' a large part of the tenet of their faith also states 'no sex without marriage'.

Good catch. Your already going to hell in the first place. Right?

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

thinking back, i cannot recall my parents not having a good line on where i was at all times until i was at least 16, and even then they still had me on their radar screen frequently. if i was drinking or smoking such would have been discovered very quickly and the inquisition would have begun.

given that, i fault the parents of both children for not keeping track of their kids and being an informed parent about what their kids were doing. although i can understand the brave front that the mother put forward about her daughter to the press, i tend to think what was said to her in private was entirely different, the same thing i would have done had i been in the shoes of the parent. praise in public, castigate in private.

what i see is two lives gravely affected by this - the girl by being forced into an adult role at such an early age, and the boy facing sex charges along with paying child support at the age of 15. the potential, the education of both lives cut short by getting drunk and raging hormones.

i would recommend that each vj reader discuss this particular news event with their children, so their kids would be better informed about what 5 minutes of fun can earn them. here in the area i live, there is a 17 year old who is on the sex offender's list for something very similiar - sex with someone under the age of consent (currently 16 in kansas). and that stigma will follow him for life and have long ranging consequences, none of them good.........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I thought Utah's poligamy did this too, where the Bull moose of the family does whoever he pleases regarding any age. and allegely endorsed by the man upstairs.

K1____Timeline

California processing center

Consulate: HCMC

I-129F sent ----------------------------------09/20/2005

NOA 1 (receipt)------------------------------09/27/2005

NOA 2 (approved)----------- ---------------12/12/2005

Package received by NVC------------------12/23/2005

Package left NVC----------------------------12/30/2005

Received by consulate----------------------01/04/2006

Recieved instructions (pkt 3)---------------01/27/2006

Date completed instructions (pkt 3)-------02/28/2006

Date recieved appointment letter (pkt4)--03/23/2006

Interview Date-------------------------------04/24/2006

Recieved visa--------------------------------04/27/2006

Filed: Other Timeline
I've highlighted a part that always annoys the heck out of me (not against you Reba hun, I know you're quoting)

/soapbox

/rant

Other than that I agree with the above - sorry to veer slightly off topic :)

you'll also note in my post that the 12 y/o girl in question really didn't know what was happening at the time. Her parents decided that she would have the baby rather than abort because abortion was against their Catholic beliefs. They did not condemn their daughter for having pre-marital sex, because she didn't really do it willingly.

Its a Catch 22 situation. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. While I don't agree with the decision (it did after all nearly kill her, and turned her off having more children later in life), I understand why they made that decision.

And I've also seen the same decision made around here (North Carolina, and at home in Ontario) by other people (of various religious backgrounds) who believe that sex before marriage is a sin, and that abortion is murder. I've seen several dozens of teen mothers who are barely mature enough to remember to feed their cats, and yet their parents enforce them to have babies when they "accidently" get pregnant. Some of the teens commenting "It was my first time, I didn't know I could get pregnant".

Seems to be the perfect opportunity for parents and schools to have a look at the sex education curriculum if you ask me.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
my comments are in red!

I am honestly stunned that you chose this topic to go off on a rant about unwed adult mothers when an 11 year old is pregnant yet you say it's 'natural' that she's pregnant.

Just noticed I missed highlighting that last comment of mine in your post.

I believe it was the mother of the 11 year old pregnant girl in the story who was "PROUD" of her daughter for getting knocked up! I also believe I started with "IMO" it was just my opinion and I do not have the power to impose my morals on others :P Yes I believe it is natural to start a family and have children when your body is ready for it. Starting her menses would be nature telling the girl/young woman that it is that time. And yes I do see the fact that they are unwed as being the "real tradgedy here". Societies got along just fine for thousands (millions?) of years with girls marrying and starting families at this age for all this time. It wasn't until recently when the first part (them getting married first) went out the window that the world has turned to $#*%. My religion forbids having pre marital sex and I wholeheartedly believe there is a great reason behind God's logic. ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
It wasn't until recently when the first part (them getting married first) went out the window that the world has turned to $#*%.

the women libbers will be howling for your head soon for that........ :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!