Jaylen Brit

Pregnant at 11

178 posts in this topic

personally....I don't see the whole bit about her being 'taken advantage of'......but there ya go....

it is commonly known the maturity rates are different between boys and girls....

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

He "took advantage of" what was (probably freely) offered, certainly. That it was consensual doesn't mean it's right.

At eleven, most kids are in the fourth grade. At fifteen, that's about the age of a freshman in high school. He knew better. He probably even knew what the consequences were and thought that they just wouldn't happen to him. I'm glad at least one of them gets to learn a lesson.

well...it is little more than a 'lesson learned' for him.....I am sure you understand what it means to be placed on a sex offenders list.......

Timeline

He slept with an eleven year old. That makes him a sex offender. Good.

He "fathered" a child who will come into this world raised in a family that is incapable of raising one child, let alone two. He "fathered" a child who is, according to the news reports, likely to be born underweight and in danger of not having fully formed organs (not helped, of course, by the mom's pack a day habit). He "fathered" a child that, in all liklihood, is going to just perpetuate the cycle. Someone who sleeps with an eleven year old girl does deserve to be a sex offender, yes.

Edited by Gwen666

no....it makes him a stupid kid along side the smoking, drinking, sexually active 11 yr old....but that's my opinion....

This story scares me.

My stepson's girlfriend is 14 and I am just freakin' out that girl will get pregnant. Oh btw, he's 18 and my husband and I had tried our best to talked to him and given out examples etc etc but they're still bonking out (geesh I hate listening to them while hubby's at work & I'm home alone :angry: ) & seems like his ears are blocked. You think as a stepmother maybe I have a little right to talk with his gf's mother about this & ask if her daughter is on somekind of birth control? :unsure:

Umm.... You really need to put a stop to that. Here its call statitory rape for a 18 yo and a 14 yo. I wouldn't let it happen one more time under your roof!

Sorry OyenJames, I hit the reply button as soon as I saw your post. I was working my way through them one at a time. I didn't see that you were already told quite a few times already.

PLEASE do whatever you have to do to stop this. If it is happening under your roof and with you and your husbands knowledge then you both could be legally liable. That could affect any future immigration decisions for you.

well maybe I should shut up as I went thro this very same thing with my then 16 yr old son.....and he never was or is a 'sex offender'........he also had sex with a willing underage girl.

Timeline

Welsh, hun. I'm not sitting here conjuring things to say to irritate you. I respect that you are entitled to your opinion and I know you respect that I am entitled to mine. If you're getting irritated because this is hitting close to home...I do duly apologise. But yes, your son should have known better too. Just because he didn't get caught shagging an eleven year old girl by getting her pregnant doesn't make the act of having sex with an eleven year old any less repulsive. I stand by my conviction, and I am *really*, *truly* sorry if that offends you. I'm not trying to change your mind on this, obviously we both see it different ways.

Edited by Gwen666

Well that must have been awful for everyone, tho Im betting he didnt have sex with an 11 year old..

I understand the point that children must be helped, and protected - but kids also have to understand, and learn, that their actions have consequences and costs. The 11 year old in the news report doesnt SEEM to realise just what a HUGE deal having a baby is - she's 'excited' about it..

*shakes head*

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

I know you aren't trying to irritate me :D

I just it find it sad (because of personal experience I guess) that one family is proud of their daughter and looking forward to a new addition to the family and the other family looks forward to criminal proceedings and stigma of being a 'sex offender'. Of course having sex with an 11 yr old isn't right, I am not saying he didn't do anything wrong.....

Edited by welshcookie

Timeline

And I agree that it's not fair...that there should be no repercussions for the girl's family. As I said before, I think she should be removed from her (obviously dysfunctional) home and put into care, hopefully with someone who can teach her right and wrong as her mother has obviously failed to do. I know had it been me getting pregnant at eleven, my parents damned sure would have blamed me just as much!

There are some obvious failures at home in both cases. I don't think the reaction addresses those at all, and that's kind of worrisome!

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Oyen, since he's 18 there doesn't seem to be a whole lot you can actually do, in the sense of telling him what to do.

HOWEVER...if he's living under your roof, he has to follow your rules and I think in this case a good one to start with is, she's not allowed over at any time. That way if he breaks the law, it's not under your roof, on your hands. Tell him the consequence for breaking the rules will be him needing to find a place of his own to live. That might work for you! Good luck, whatever you do...I can only imagine how hard that must be to deal with.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch