DeadPoolX

A question for the ladies...

71 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
i love shoes but i always wear flip flops since its warm here in philippines. i only wear high heels if i really need to wear it, like if i will attend a wedding or a party.

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yes I love shoes also! My husband is like why do u want so many shoes and I tell him well i want different colors, size of heel and flat shoes. My favorite shoes i like are sandles . I have this one purse i bought i paid 1,ooo for I would never do that again that was just crazy when i think about it now!

Edited by mohamedandmelinda

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

There are so many great things to find in Dead Pool's post, but I think the best thing about it is the way he seems to think he's the first person who ever thought up this ka-razy theory.

Um, duh.

DeadPool is Dwight Schrute. I'm convinced now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Really? it's not weight, it's acculturation. Why do women get into make-up? Why do women get into skirts? Dresses? Fashions in general? We jsut sort of acculturate into it and add or subtract from that your particular personality. I love shoes, but I love flipflops more. I had over 100 pairs of shoes probably 10 years... but... I cut down to like 20-something recently and I still only wear the same 2 pairs of shows..and it's only 2 pairs because i can't wear my black-heeled flip flops to work.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

not a shoe lover...hate close shoes... but must wear when there's a special event like weddings or parties...

im more comfy with sandals...but not during winter :) but i do wear a pair of boots lol looks like i have a few collections huh

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
There are so many great things to find in Dead Pool's post, but I think the best thing about it is the way he seems to think he's the first person who ever thought up this ka-razy theory.

Um, duh.

I also figured that I must not be a very good example of a woman after reading it.

My grandfather has far more pairs of shoes than my grandmother. Is he really a woman? Did he catch teh gay somewhere? Real men don't do shoes, that's women's hysterical nonsense.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Um, duh.

Well... first of all, it's not a crazy theory. At least it's no crazier than any other theory we've seen in the past and I can assure, we'll be hearing plenty of crazy theories in the future too. Remember, just because it may seem crazy to you now, that doesn't mean it necessarily is crazy nor does it mean it's not true.

How many people really bought into the idea that the Earth is spherical or that it revolves around the sun (instead of our planet being flat and the center of the universe) when those were first stated? This isn't on the same level, but the point is that sometimes so-called "crazy ideas" are right, despite the public thinking otherwise.

Oh, and just so you know, Alex, I didn't think I was the first person to ever think this up. As I stated previously, I got the idea from a female friend (you would've known that had you actually bothered to actually read my previous posts in any sort of detail) and although I'm the only person I know who has put any thought into it, that doesn't mean others haven't as well. I certainly don't know everyone.

Um, duh.

I also figured that I must not be a very good example of a woman after reading it.

My grandfather has far more pairs of shoes than my grandmother. Is he really a woman? Did he catch teh gay somewhere? Real men don't do shoes, that's women's hysterical nonsense.

Truth be told, my wife isn't terribly into shoes either. Whether or not someone likes buying shoes has little to do with their status as a woman. The reason I brought up this theory was not to challenge past or modern ideas of feminity, but to attempt placing logic behind how "most women" enjoy shopping for shoes more than other articles of clothing. I shouldn't have to emphasize this, but "most" does not mean "all."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

different shoes for different outfits - it should rather be the appropriate shoes for a certain outfit. I have some wedges and stilletos and flipflops and tennis shoes to wear for certain occasions and in also depends on the kind dress one wears. It doesnt have to be expensive....it only has to be appropriate. :):)

AOS -
08-08-08 - Filed AOS with EAD and AP
08-18-08 - NOA for EAD,AP and AOS
08-21-08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter
09-09-08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am Kansas City
09-18-08 - I-485 transferred to CSC (got an email from USCIS)
10-07-08 - EAD Touched
10-19-08 - My birthday / Found out I am Pregnant!
10-22-08 - Grief, Pain, Sadness
11-06-08 - EAD card ordered; AP approved (USCIS website)
01-16-09 - AOS Touched
02-23-09 - Green Card (conditional) and welcome letter received in the mail
02-24-09 - Got the job in boyce and bynum lab

"When I bring my worries b4 d throne of Grace, I am at peace bcos I know my God is in full control"

My Website

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Actually, if you google this theory, there are unfortunately many weight-loss experts and psychologists who would confirm it.

Personally, I just like slutty shoes and own bunches of 'em.

Oh...and I do like the fact that my shoe size doesn't go up when my trouser size does. I'll admit that.

I completely agree with this.....

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Personally, I prefer to be barefoot. Except of course that I live in the northeast so I can't always do that. But I walk around my office and my house barefoot or stocking footed. Shoes are a necessary evil in my mind. I also wear a size 10, so when I find a comfy pair of shoes that I love and are cute, I always buy two pairs. Then when I wear out the first, I'm pleasantly surprised with the second. :) Bassi, thinks this is crazy, but indulges me cause he luuuuvvvvsss me!

Now handbags!!!!! I llllllllloooooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeee handbags!! I have hundreds of handbags in all different colors and shapes and textures and materials. They are heavenly. I promised Bassi, I wouldn't buy another handbag for a year and I must say that I've gained 12 lbs since I've started this trek. I may also need to start smoking before it's all said and done. But I visit with my bins of handbags on the weekends to take the edge off. And I avoid the malls. Although I saw the cutest handbag for days at the beach at Walmart, so I may have to avoid big box stores too. By the end of the summer, I may be in full seclusion.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

the-shoe-diet.jpg

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't understand either, I don't ever notice what shoes people are wearing. I happen to look at their face not their shoes. Same with purses.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline
I don't understand either, I don't ever notice what shoes people are wearing. I happen to look at their face not their shoes. Same with purses.

i've never noticed your shoes. :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

i've never noticed your shoes. :whistle:

that's because I leave them everywhere, since the wardrobe you brought from Germany that has a space for everything you never wanted to share with me and kept your stuff in there, I have to use 2 50X40'' closets that not only have my clothes and shoes, but also 500 boxes, and luggage, and blankets. So I'd think twice about open your mouth to make stupid jokes about it.

Edit: typo

Edited by Nessa

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Shoes are okay... I'd rather go barefoot too. And I HATE heals, I don't care how cute they are, I don't like to be standing virtually on my tip toes. Now if I were to wear them for just say another purpose...*ahem*... :devil: , then they are okay.

I like comfy shoes thank you very much, Dansko and Clarks are my favs.

As for handbags...don't buy expensive ones, but I do have a number of them... more fun and unique (and cheap) ones than just plain boring serious purses.

Edited by Sister Fracas

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony