DeadPoolX

A question for the ladies...

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I know that women are usually more in-tune with fashion and clothing in general. There's a whole collection of colors that men don't even know exist until we're married, for instance. Hell, I wasn't even sure what the difference was between a "shirt" and a "blouse" (I just knew it had to come off!), but I learned eventually.

Anyway... my question is: why do women like shoes so much? What makes shoes different than say... a skirt or a blouse or a dress?

Well, I have a theory and I wanted to ask the women on here about it. I think it has to do with weight. Women are bombarded by the media with images and messages, each telling them to be "this or that" (usually thin) and that's just not something every woman can achieve. That's not their fault, necessarily. Some women just have a larger frame, slower metabolisms or whatever.

Regardless, no matter how much a woman weighs, she can still fit into her shoes. The same cannot be said for a skirt, pants or dress. That, in of itself, makes shoes more versatile and potentially a more cost-effective choice (within reason) than some other clothing items.

So what do you ladies think? Am I on to something here or is it really just that women need "different shoes for different outfits?" :P

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

i am not a big shoe person... I have maybe a handful of shoes most of which i really don't wear at all because they don't fit right...

Regardless, no matter how much a woman weighs, she can still fit into her shoes

this is not really true... if a person gets bigger their feet get bigger too.. maybe not length wise but width wise

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
I know that women are usually more in-tune with fashion and clothing in general. There's a whole collection of colors that men don't even know exist until we're married, for instance. Hell, I wasn't even sure what the difference was between a "shirt" and a "blouse" (I just knew it had to come off!), but I learned eventually.

Anyway... my question is: why do women like shoes so much? What makes shoes different than say... a skirt or a blouse or a dress?

Well, I have a theory and I wanted to ask the women on here about it. I think it has to do with weight. Women are bombarded by the media with images and messages, each telling them to be "this or that" (usually thin) and that's just not something every woman can achieve. That's not their fault, necessarily. Some women just have a larger frame, slower metabolisms or whatever.

Regardless, no matter how much a woman weighs, she can still fit into her shoes. The same cannot be said for a skirt, pants or dress. That, in of itself, makes shoes more versatile and potentially a more cost-effective choice (within reason) than some other clothing items.

So what do you ladies think? Am I on to something here or is it really just that women need "different shoes for different outfits?" :P

Words fail me here. :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Don't understand the shoe thing myself. Purses either.

But I'm a cheapo, the thought of spending over $100 on a pair of shoes or a bag frightens me.

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I always thought it was because you are on average all shorter than men and you look upon shoes (heels) as a leveler, to make you feel equal. :whistle::innocent:

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

My feet are an odd shape and I detest shoe shopping. :( I also have terribly flat feet so I have to wear shoes that I can slip my insoles into. This also makes it harder for me to walk in heels. I like how heels, stilettos included, look, but they're just not something I can wear. So then I get shoe envy which makes me even more reluctant to buy shoes.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

I always thought it was because you are on average all shorter than men and you look upon shoes (heels) as a leveler, to make you feel equal. :whistle::innocent:

Nah, it's to make the short men feel more insecure :whistle::innocent:

90day.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Actually, if you google this theory, there are unfortunately many weight-loss experts and psychologists who would confirm it.

Personally, I just like slutty shoes and own bunches of 'em.

Oh...and I do like the fact that my shoe size doesn't go up when my trouser size does. I'll admit that.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

But I'm a cheapo, the thought of spending over $100 on a pair of shoes or a bag frightens me.

Me too, hence Payless being a favourite place of mine :yes:

I'm a big girl, I like cute shoes, but I don't need tons of them in my closet, I've enough clutter as it is!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

same here...

I think the most I have spent on a purse was 15 bucks and I felt so guilty about it afterwards :lol:

i find it very hard to find nice shoes for my size 10/11 feet.... it makes it even more difficult when the sizes down here seem to be different then the Canadian sizes.. in Canada i can wear a size 10 comfortably.. here I need a 10 1/2 but I can't seem to find shoes that size so I usually get 11 but then they are too big :wacko:

Me too, hence Payless being a favourite place of mine :yes:

I'm a big girl, I like cute shoes, but I don't need tons of them in my closet, I've enough clutter as it is!

have you noticed though that they think women with big feet like to wear ugly shoes?? i find it very hard to find cute shoes over a size 9... :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
have you noticed though that they think women with big feet like to wear ugly shoes?? i find it very hard to find cute shoes over a size 9... :unsure:

I'm a size 10 shoe as well, and yes, 3/4 of the time shoe shopping makes me cross. So when I find something that's cute and comfortable, I snatch them up in a heartbeat. :yes:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

like I know cute shoes can be made in the bigger sizes because I have seen them but they are few and far between :blink:

i have some really cute heels I bought a few years ago.. i really love them but they are very uncomfortable ...lol so I don't wear them much...

right now I am wearing a pair of sandals i bought last year.. see thats the thing with me I wear the same pair of shoes all the time.. anyways, I think I need a new pair of summer sandals though mine are getting worn out but they are comfortable..

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif