mikeH

Wife thinks husband married for green Card

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

our family friend married some one. He got coditional green card couple months ago. She noticed that husband is a completely changed person, after he got his conditional green card. She is thinking he married her for green card. She is bitter. She wants to punish him. What she can Do Now.

i-751 filed at CSC

NOA received dated March7, 2008

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
our family friend married some one. He got coditional green card couple months ago. She noticed that husband is a completely changed person, after he got his conditional green card. She is thinking he married her for green card. She is bitter. She wants to punish him. What she can Do Now.

they key word is "conditional". he needs her to make it permanent after 2 years.

Filed: Timeline

It isn't her position to punish him. It is her right to make the government aware if she has reason to believe and proof to show that his intentions upon entering marriage with her were not genuine.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
She wants to punish him. What she can Do Now.

Put some jalapenos in his food - or habaneros - yikes! :thumbs:

No, she can't do anything to punish him. But he will still need to get conditions removed on his own (not very easy but not too hard to do). She should be thankful that it didn't go on for years, get divorced and move on with her life. Being bitter is only going to eat her insides. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Could be a one-sided story. Maybe she has been mistreating him all this time and he is only showing her who's the boss. They should talk about this. Plus she needs to understand and realise that he is her husband and that they are ought to talk things over instead of turning to divorce. Especially if they both are muslims then they should consider other options besides a divorce.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I don't think anyone should do anything out of spite or to punish somebody else. Karma will take care of everything, or at least that's what I believe.

If she really thinks that he married her for his green card she can divorce him now and try to gather as much evidence as she can to prove that he did this on purpose. Otherwise, he will more than likely be able to remove conditions on his own if he can prove he married her for love, which may not be the case.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thats what happens when you fix up a Catholic girl Mike , with a Pakistani Muslim. Irish paki stand off!!! habneros jajaja have to put it in the curry every night, it makes no difference, hurts me more OUCH!!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Is not point punishing to him, Karma will take care of him, he can remove conditions on his own.....Just move on with your life

02/02/2008:- Filed AOS

04/02/2008:- Received at Chicago Lockbox

11/02/2008:- Check Cashed

12/02/2008:- Received NOA for I-485 and I-765

19/02/2008:-Received Biometric appointment

03/03/2008:-RFE (I-485)

11/03/2008:-RFE mailed back

17/03/2008:-AOS touched, and case processing has resumed

08/05/2008:-Made Infopass appointment in Atlanta for Friday 16th

21/05/2008:-EAD Card production ordered

22/05/2008:-EAD Touched

27/05/2008:-EAD Card Production ordered again

27/05/2008:-Case transferred to CSC' I am K3 Holder,This is Strange Folks

29/05/2008:-Approval notice sent for EAD

29/05/2008:-AOS touched

30/05/2008:-EAD received

03/06/2008:-AOS touched"pending at CSC"

04/06/2008:-AOS touched

04/06/2008:-Transfer notice received

06/06/2008:-AOS touched

18/06/2008:-AOS touched

19/06/2008:-AOS touched

08/07/2008:-AOS transferred back to NBC***CSC SUCKS***

09/07/2008:-AOS touched

14/07/2008:-AOS transferred to another office...I guess my local office :-S

17/11/2008:- Interview noticed received for 13/01/2009

13/01/2009:- AOS Interview APPROVED!!!!!!

16/01/2009:- Card production ordered

19/01/2009:- AOS touched

23/01/2009:- Card production ordered again

26/01/2009:- Welcome letter received

28/01/2009:- Approval notice sent

29/01/2009:- AOS touched

30/01-2009:- I never thought I'd be typing this ---->10years green card received... USCIS, see you when I see you

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It isn't her position to punish him. It is her right to make the government aware if she has reason to believe and proof to show that his intentions upon entering marriage with her were not genuine.

It isn't her position, you are right. But, if I were in that situation, I'd sure as hell look for every opportunity to do just that!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.