SteveLaura

God

189 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Christianity didn't exist before Christ. Christians, believing that Jesus was a Fulfillment of the Scriptures, included some of Hebrew Scriptures when they put together the Bible, but my point is, Christianity was not dependent on any documentation that stated Jesus was the Messiah and Christianity flourished for several hundred years before they had a Bible proclaiming Jesus as the Messiah.

Are you saying that the Old Testament should be tossed to the curb?

The Old Testament is crucial in understanding the New Testament, so my humble answer would be no.

:thumbs:

There's really a lot I want to write but am telling myself to not even get more involved.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Christianity didn't exist before Christ. Christians, believing that Jesus was a Fulfillment of the Scriptures, included some of Hebrew Scriptures when they put together the Bible, but my point is, Christianity was not dependent on any documentation that stated Jesus was the Messiah and Christianity flourished for several hundred years before they had a Bible proclaiming Jesus as the Messiah.

Are you saying that the Old Testament should be tossed to the curb?

Not at all. I'm saying that Christianity existed before the Bible and therefore the belief in Christ is not dependent on any documentation.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Not at all. I'm saying that Christianity existed before the Bible and therefore the belief in Christ is not dependent on any documentation.

Why do you keep saying that? The Bible = The Old Testament + The New Testament

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline
:P It's also very time consuming.

tut tut......

how many times have I discussed this...maybe there is a limit to how many times I want to... :innocent:

Timeline

There were Christians before the bible was printed and readily available...by word of mouth passed down generations.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

There was no Old Testament Bible before Christianity - only Hebrew Scriptures. Christianity was born from the Jewish Faith that prophesied a messiah, but not all Jews believed that Jesus was the Messiah which still holds true today. Ask someone who is Jewish if they carry around an Old Testament Bible or if one even exists.

Edited by Jabberwocky

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So if all you Christians can just pick and choose what parts of the bible you're into and which ones aren't relevant, what's the basis of this religion? Wasn't the word that Jesus is the son of god brought to people via the bible? So why believe that part, but not certain other parts? I'm confused.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

There was no Old Testament Bible before Christianity - only Hebrew Scriptures. Christianity was born from the Jewish Faith that prophesied a messiah, but not all Jews believed that Jesus was the Messiah which still holds true today. Ask someone who is Jewish if they carry around an Old Testament Bible or if one even exists.

yeah pretty much. It's called "the Torah" and generally is more or less what you folks call the old testament.