SteveLaura

God

189 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Seriously. Reread the new testament. I read it one summer and it blew my mind with its total craziness. Don't rely on a spiritual leader to interpret that ish for you. It's craziness. You have to read it for yourself.

Also sometimes Jesus was like a total villain! I was pretty surprised.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

If people want to know what and why the bible says certain things then why not read into yourself, not just parts out of context(unless you already have the whole thing). That way someone can see clearly for themselves if they think the bible is complete lunacy or not by reading it themselves. Your mind might not be changed but at least you would have more credibility arguing it. If I really wanted to know of what Krishna said in the Gita, what better way to know than to read it myself(which I have read parts of). Or to really know what the Quran says, I have to read it and stop asking people to just tell me about it and not just question them.

The New Testament is beautiful to me...full of redemption, forgiveness, peace, and hope. The Old Testament while harsh sounding has a definite goal---to lead us to see why a Messiah was being sent. That is what I have gotten out of the bible.

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
yes the old testament is filled with a lot of kind of crazy rules.. but the new testament isn't... the old testament is basically there to tell us what things used to be like..

So God became more "civilized" sometime between the Old and New Testaments?

I mean, we are talking about the same God, right? Jesus's Father?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
The New Testament is beautiful to me...full of redemption, forgiveness, peace, and hope. The Old Testament while harsh sounding has a definite goal---to lead us to see why a Messiah was being sent. That is what I have gotten out of the bible.

Well said, sister. :yes:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Seriously. Reread the new testament. I read it one summer and it blew my mind with its total craziness. Don't rely on a spiritual leader to interpret that ish for you. It's craziness. You have to read it for yourself.

Also sometimes Jesus was like a total villain! I was pretty surprised.

Alex, may I ask if you taken any world religion classes in college?

Timeline

It's funny how the Jews' entire religion is based around a set of books that Christians apparently see as the ka-razy world that precedes their far superior New Testament world. Religion is nuts that way, I guess. I hear Jesus is a normal prophet in Islam, too. Which one is right???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
It's funny how the Jews' entire religion is based around a set of books that Christians apparently see as the ka-razy world that precedes their far superior New Testament world. Religion is nuts that way, I guess. I hear Jesus is a normal prophet in Islam, too. Which one is right???

correct. is there an abnormal prophet?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

correct. is there an abnormal prophet?

Well there's THE Prophet, with a capital P and stuff. I was trying to differentiate from that. I don't even know that much about my "own" religion.

Filed: Timeline

Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet. Moses was a prophet. Muhammad was the last, and Allah's favorite, prophet. Sending Muhammad down was necessary because the words of Moses and Jesus had been corrupted. The belief is that the Bible is not the true word of God, it's been corrupted. The Quran, OTOH, is the shiznit. It's all real, live recording, in the big dog's words, like literally word for word.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I don't think the OT is crazy or inferior...how could I? It's the same God, even if things had to be done differently before the Messiah came. No, I don't believe God changed but instead the way things were done changed. I won't deny that parts sound harsh however. There are beautiful things in the OT as well.

The OT contains the same love story of God and man, if you want to find it there. I do, where the saddest words are "Adam, where are you?" said by God after the fall. That was the start of the lover trying to build again the deep connection with Himself that was lost when man sinned and fell breaking that deep connection. (I am not going to get into any debates about well if God knew they would fall why did he make them...sorry, not today.) This led to a need for the Messiah.

But I am sure Alex doesn't need any of this info since she has everything figured out about religion, we are just weak minded folk. :P

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Jesus != God ??

Yeah, it gets a bit dicey there.

On one hand, Jesus is the Son of God.

On the other hand, God did not create Jesus. Jesus has always existed, for he is God himself.

So he is God and he is also a man.

Essentially, God used Mary to give birth to himself in human form (using the "Holy Spirit.")

(Kind of like when Jasmine made Cordelia a Higher Being and then sent her back to L.A.

to find comfort in the arms of Connor (when the Beast blotted out the sun), then got her

pregnant, stole Angel's soul so that he would remain Angelus, and persuaded Connor to

kill a virgin girl and use her blood to bless the birth of herself in human form as a full

grown goddess.)

Isn't it amazing?

:wacko:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg