mohamed and trina

christian and muslim family

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
<snip>

If a muslim man marries a christian women, than the children would be muslim (in ME countries) bc the kids follow the father..so then when those kids marry. if a muslim women married a christian man, the children would follow the father, making them christian, so you would have 3 generations of different religions. this is not accetable in ME countries..

so it is allowed for the man bc his kids would always be muslim...

<snip>

Why is it the kids have to automatically follow the father's religion? Are all mothers that weak?

How about teach the kids about all religions and let them decide for themselves what faith to follow when they're adults?

That requires an open mind. To be truly religious is to be the opposite.

So when it comes to religion, you have a closed mind ;)

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
<snip>

If a muslim man marries a christian women, than the children would be muslim (in ME countries) bc the kids follow the father..so then when those kids marry. if a muslim women married a christian man, the children would follow the father, making them christian, so you would have 3 generations of different religions. this is not accetable in ME countries..

<snip>

Why is it the kids have to automatically follow the father's religion? Are all mothers that weak?

How about teach the kids about all religions and let them decide for themselves what faith to follow when they're adults?

That requires an open mind. To be truly religious is to be the opposite.

So when it comes to religion, you have a closed mind ;)

Nah, the truly religious don't question things, or else they find out reality and man made religious texts don't match up. Those who do read and question end up agnostic like yours truly. :)

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
trina..Dont look at it from a sexist stand..

Lets see if this makes sense...

And i dont even think this is just a ME following, my father is catholic, my mother lutheran, my bros, sis, and i were raised catholic, bc they believe in following the fathers religion also..it is an old school way to think, but, religous conflicts cause many strains on marriages, and i think using this method is better...knowing what your getting yourself into before its too late..

Wow, what a load of ####### that has NO foundation in the Quran or Sunnah of the Prophet. How did I miss this thread back in May?

I posted this a couple of days ago on the MENA board. In it, I said you can't explain this "prohibition" without sounding irrational, and that continues to hold true:

QUOTE(just_Jackie @ Aug 20 2008, 08:27 PM)

I really had never heard of Islam until after 9/11. I started to read about it and studied for 6 months. I knew of no muslims. I didn't know any arabs. I just knew I was searching for something with structure and found it in Islam.

After 6 months of preparing, I said my shahada May 5, 2002. A muslim woman can only marry a muslim man, so that narrowed my field greatly! lol. It is always refreshing to see someone show interest.

Jackie

Actually, the belief that Muslim women can marry only Muslim men is not derived from Islam, but from fiqh law based on cultural norms arising from the wars and animosity between Muslims and non-Muslims. Unfortunately, fiqh is not always Islamic; it is the fallible attempt by scholars and jurists to forge the wishes of individual societies into paradigms that make social sense, but not always spiritual sense. It is impossible to explain the reasoning behind this law without (1) insulting the competence and autonomy of all Muslimas; (2) asserting that Muslim men superior to all other human beings; (3) distorting Quranic law; and/or (4) subordinating women to all men. Try to do it without having to engage one of those. You can't. You also must ignore Muslim history.

During the Prophet's time, there were Muslim women who converted many years before their husbands, inculding the Prophet's own daughter, Zainab, and the parents of the ahadith transmitter Ibn Abbas. His mother was the second woman to convert to Islam after the Prophet's revelations, but his father did not convert for 20 years after his wife. Also, Aisha was engaged to a Christian man by her father, Abu Bakr, a close companion of the Prophet and the first Caliph, before that engagement was withdrawn so she could marry Muhammad. He would not have done such a thing if it was forbidden by Allah.

There is nothing in the Quran nor the Sunnah disallowing Muslim women from interfaith marriage with kitabi men. This is a perversion of the law that is being reexamoined and challenged, much along the line of manadatory headcovering, honor killings, obedience to husbands before God, slavery, polygamy for a man's pleasure, and the belief that Muslims are God's chosen people. One must be careful to understand the origins of fiqh and beliefs, and discern whether they have roots in Allah's law or in man's law. The distinction is essential for anyone that wants to remain true to the Word, for our alliegence is to Allah, not to mortal desires.

I am a born Arab Muslima was married to a Christian man for 30 years. I broke none of Allah's laws in doing so. Nor have any of my sisters who have learned that such prohibition is not of God, but from the unIslamic desire of men to rule over women. We pray for the suffering of Muslims who are lead astray by this rule. May Allah guide us all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi Trina, I just came upon this old topic looking at your profile.

My wife is a Muslim and I'm a Cristian, we got married in Texas last year, we thought about having children but we decided not to since I'm 50 and she's 40. We both already 2 children from each side, not living with us, so our marriage was based on the fact that we loved each other keeping religions aside.

We love, trust and respect each other. I have even accepted to pray to GOD in Arabic, and have made the effort to try tp follow some of her daily prayers, not only because I believe in GOD but it also makes us happy, keeping our relationship strong.

Since our marriage is not legaly recognized in Egypt, I'm open to possibly convert to the Muslim religion, although we are not planning to live there but it will make it stressful for both of us to go there on vacation.

I don't believe that by us being of different religions, and especially since she a Muslim woman, that we are going to be punished by GOD.

I Agree!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

And i dont even think this is just a ME following, my father is catholic, my mother lutheran, my bros, sis, and i were raised catholic, bc they believe in following the fathers religion also..it is an old school way to think, but, religous conflicts cause many strains on marriages, and i think using this method is better...knowing what your getting yourself into before its too late..

Wow, what a load of ####### that has NO foundation in the Quran or Sunnah of the Prophet. How did I miss this thread back in May?

I posted this a couple of days ago on the MENA board. In it, I said you can't explain this "prohibition" without sounding irrational, and that continues to hold true:

I really had never heard of Islam until after 9/11. I started to read about it and studied for 6 months. I knew of no muslims. I didn't know any arabs. I just knew I was searching for something with structure and found it in Islam.

After 6 months of preparing, I said my shahada May 5, 2002. A muslim woman can only marry a muslim man, so that narrowed my field greatly! lol. It is always refreshing to see someone show interest.

Jackie

Actually, the belief that Muslim women can marry only Muslim men is not derived from Islam, but from fiqh law based on cultural norms arising from the wars and animosity between Muslims and non-Muslims. Unfortunately, fiqh is not always Islamic; it is the fallible attempt by scholars and jurists to forge the wishes of individual societies into paradigms that make social sense, but not always spiritual sense. It is impossible to explain the reasoning behind this law without (1) insulting the competence and autonomy of all Muslimas; (2) asserting that Muslim men superior to all other human beings; (3) distorting Quranic law; and/or (4) subordinating women to all men. Try to do it without having to engage one of those. You can't. You also must ignore Muslim history.

During the Prophet's time, there were Muslim women who converted many years before their husbands, inculding the Prophet's own daughter, Zainab, and the parents of the ahadith transmitter Ibn Abbas. His mother was the second woman to convert to Islam after the Prophet's revelations, but his father did not convert for 20 years after his wife. Also, Aisha was engaged to a Christian man by her father, Abu Bakr, a close companion of the Prophet and the first Caliph, before that engagement was withdrawn so she could marry Muhammad. He would not have done such a thing if it was forbidden by Allah.

There is nothing in the Quran nor the Sunnah disallowing Muslim women from interfaith marriage with kitabi men. This is a perversion of the law that is being reexamoined and challenged, much along the line of manadatory headcovering, honor killings, obedience to husbands before God, slavery, polygamy for a man's pleasure, and the belief that Muslims are God's chosen people. One must be careful to understand the origins of fiqh and beliefs, and discern whether they have roots in Allah's law or in man's law. The distinction is essential for anyone that wants to remain true to the Word, for our alliegence is to Allah, not to mortal desires.

I am a born Arab Muslima was married to a Christian man for 30 years. I broke none of Allah's laws in doing so. Nor have any of my sisters who have learned that such prohibition is not of God, but from the unIslamic desire of men to rule over women. We pray for the suffering of Muslims who are lead astray by this rule. May Allah guide us all.

I Agree!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

First of all I think any "muslim " man who is chooseing to marry a non muslim woman should consider what the Quran says regarding this. And he should make it clear to the woman if he wants to raise his children in Islam, and what that means. Before he gets into a relationship, and she should be aware of that. I mean so many times this is left untill later than he assumes she will give in or compramise and maybe its not fair to her. If you dont want to marry a Muslim woman you should consider these things. And if you are marrying a Muslim man you should know these things.

IT is in Quran about a Muslim woman marrying a non Muslim man, and Muslim men marrying non Muslim women.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
IT is in Quran about a Muslim woman marrying a non Muslim man, and Muslim men marrying non Muslim women.

:thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

<snip>

<snip>

i agree with you on that....i am muslim..my son is jewish ....he choice his path and that is cool

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline
First of all I think any "muslim " man who is chooseing to marry a non muslim woman should consider what the Quran says regarding this. And he should make it clear to the woman if he wants to raise his children in Islam, and what that means. Before he gets into a relationship, and she should be aware of that. I mean so many times this is left untill later than he assumes she will give in or compramise and maybe its not fair to her. If you dont want to marry a Muslim woman you should consider these things. And if you are marrying a Muslim man you should know these things.

There is no blanket statement in the Quran about marry "non-Muslims",period. The Quran doesn't address the subject in that manner. The Quran and the Sunnah are absolutely silent about marriage between Muslim women and ahl al kitab men. It forbids ALL Muslims from marriage to polytheists (mushrikeen) (2:221) and Those who are hostile to Islam (kafir) (60:10-11). specific types of non-Muslims. But nowhere in the Quran does it forbid interfaith marriage for Muslimas and Christian men or Jewish men. You have to distort the texts and insult Muslim women and non-Muslims to do so. The Quran is the only Abrahamic text that specifically allows interfaith marriage. It is very explicit about what is disallowed.

2:221 is one of the oldest revealed verses, yet, Zainab, the Prophet's daughter, was married to a non-Muslim for many years before he became a kafir by fighting against the Muslims. 60:10-11, which forbids marriage to kafirs, applied to them. They were not separated until he was captured, thus, making him unlawful for her, and her for him. The same was true for two of Umer's wives, who were lost to him during battle when they became hostile to his faith.

On the other hand, Ibn Abbas' parents remained together, and part of the Prophet's inner circle despite the fact that he did not convert for 20 years after his wife became Muslim. Abu Bakr was the Prophet's closest companion. Why would he engaged his born Muslim daughter to a non-Muslim if the Prophet had known of a rule against it?

The asl al deen, a principle of Islamic law says, that only Allah can make haram, and what He has not made haram is a favor to us. The Quran asks, which of God's favors will you deny yourself? The lack of negativity and denouncement of marriage between Muslim women in the Quran and Sunnah is demonstrable. That most directives toward men are also applied to women is demonstrable. These are facts. Check them out.

Being married to a Christian and being a follower of Islam made this issue paramount for me. I didn't learn on the internet. I did it the old-fashioned way, by study of the text and the history, in Arabic. Put them together, you get what's real.

Edited by Virtual wife

Timeline

. . . The same was true for two of Umer's wives, who were lost to him during battle when they became hostile to his faith.

Umer was a Muslim man, yet, no exception allwed him to stay married to kafir women, and 5:5, allowing for marriage to kitabi women was in effect at the time. Please find the verse that allows Muslim men to marry atheists and agnostics and rejectors, as many have. Then, we can have an honest discussion about what is allowed for Muslim women, since there is no word forbidding kitabi men to Muslim women, yet so many lies are believed about this while Muslim men are not stigmatized for marrying many of the explicitly forbidden women they choose to marry.

Jackie

As-salamu'alaykum,

Mushirk = anyone who worships other than Allah.

Is this definition correct? If it is then anyone who worships Isa (pbuh) has committed shirk. Or if a person subscribes to the trinity (Father Son and Holy Ghost and these 3 are 1) they had ascribed partners with Allah and therefore becomes a mushirk.

I'm assuming your husband of 30 years was/is a Unitarian? If not you have broken Allah's law.

wa salam

8/07 Met on myspace.

5/7/08 Married in Indonesia.

6/4/08 Sent I-130

6/11/08 I-130 received by Vermont service Center.

6/11/10 Received NOA from Vermont.

12/17/08 Touched and placed on hold. (Request For Evidence)

1/12/09 mailed requested evidence 2 Vermont

1/28/09 I-130 APPROVED!

2/9/09 AOS bill received and payed on line the same day.

Never received I-864 package (they don't mail them out anymore I had to take it all from NVC website)

2/20/09 completed and mailed DS-3032

((Some time lapsed because of wrong addresses and documents lost in the mail)) ARRRHG! :-(

3/13/09 Return completed I-864.

3/21/09 Received IV Bill.

3/22/09 Paid IV Bill $400.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

USCIS is unnecessary and a complete freaking waste of everybody's time. What did they do other than waste 7 months of our time and take money?-- because I now have to resubmit the exact same damn information(plus some) to NVC. Apparently there is no connection between USCIS and NVC so USCIS cant simply send our documents to NVC. I was happy to get approved by USCIS but now the process starts all over again only with more complications. Maybe someday I can meet these people in person and thank them face to face for f**ing up almost everything so far. Addresses incorrectly copied, email address repeatedly typed in wrong, names misspelled, ECT, ECT, ECT.

Hows about mandatory drug testing for all who are employed at NVC? All in favor?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
As-salamu'alaykum,

Mushirk = anyone who worships other than Allah.

Is this definition correct? If it is then anyone who worships Isa (pbuh) has committed shirk. Or if a person subscribes to the trinity (Father Son and Holy Ghost and these 3 are 1) they had ascribed partners with Allah and therefore becomes a mushirk.

I'm assuming your husband of 30 years was/is a Unitarian? If not you have broken Allah's law.

wa salam

Christianity holds that Yeshua is G-d. It has always held that and held to that when Mohammed was alive. So if you follow this POV, then you must deny that marriage to Christians is a viable possibility, even for Muslim men, and thus must strike that possibility from the Qu'ran. Getting to know basic religious history will answer your question.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

wa salam

:pop:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Since leaving Islam is not allowed, start the kids out as Christians and let them convert to Islam if they want to. win-win

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG