ILoveTan

Using EMAILS and YAHOO CHATS as PROOF ..... help!

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Scary but true fact about my relationship with Tan: 1 yahoo chat is 3-5 hours long and just ONE chat log comes out to around 30 pages!!!! Should I really include these in my I-129 packet?????

Further, is there a way to edit these yahoo chats or emails? When I try to put them in Word or another program, I lose the emoticons :blush: <~~~these little dealies - and I didn't want them to look "messed" with, you know what I mean?

On the OTHER HAND, while I am sure they don't have the time to read 4 hour chat logs, we say many non-PC things to each other (I call him my slanty eye jungle boy and he calls me "the other white meat") further, we won't even MENTION the sex talk that goes on, plus of course, talking about his interview, plus tons of cussing, etc etc etc etc.......

Same problem with our emails, very very candid. How does everyone else get around this? Certainly I am not the ONLY person talking dirty in my chats and emails to my loved one .... AM I?? :devil: hihihihi

Thanks for your help!

ILOVETAN

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes send a few scattered thru the times, im sure they are aware of everyones conversations by now, pick some of the NOT so steamy :whistle:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

You really don't need that much for the I-129f Packet. Although 30 pages might be able to fit in your packet and if you would feel more comfortable sending them all then by all means do it.

For the upcoming interview my girl has printed off over 300 pages worth of chat logs on skype. Yes, that sounds like overkill, but its also perfect proof to prove a bona fide relationship.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Scary but true fact about my relationship with Tan: 1 yahoo chat is 3-5 hours long and just ONE chat log comes out to around 30 pages!!!! Should I really include these in my I-129 packet?????

Further, is there a way to edit these yahoo chats or emails? When I try to put them in Word or another program, I lose the emoticons :blush: <~~~these little dealies - and I didn't want them to look "messed" with, you know what I mean?

On the OTHER HAND, while I am sure they don't have the time to read 4 hour chat logs, we say many non-PC things to each other (I call him my slanty eye jungle boy and he calls me "the other white meat") further, we won't even MENTION the sex talk that goes on, plus of course, talking about his interview, plus tons of cussing, etc etc etc etc.......

Same problem with our emails, very very candid. How does everyone else get around this? Certainly I am not the ONLY person talking dirty in my chats and emails to my loved one .... AM I?? :devil: hihihihi

Thanks for your help!

ILOVETAN

Were not sending in chat logs or for proof of bona fida relationship. Maybe a few emails but thats about it as far as emails or chat logs goes.

The K1 petition you dont really need chat logs or emails as they dont show proof you have met in person. What the USCIS is after is boarding passes, passport stamps,hotel receipts, photos together, etc.

If it makes you more at ease use phone bills and letters with the postage stamp for proof of on going relationship.

If you do use the chat logs or emails and there a bit sexuall lol, just stroke them out with a marker pen. Im sure they have seen a few good ones haha.

Good luck.

beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

What I did was take one page of the full conversation and pasted it on excel, made it all pretty and that's that. I took two conversations for each month, so it was only two pages per month. As long as they can get the hint that you're a couple from reading just one page at time, you should be ok.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

The K1 petition you dont really need chat logs or emails as they dont show proof you have met in person. What the USCIS is after is boarding passes, passport stamps,hotel receipts, photos together, etc.

If it makes you more at ease use phone bills and letters with the postage stamp for proof of on going relationship.

If you do use the chat logs or emails and there a bit sexuall lol, just stroke them out with a marker pen. Im sure they have seen a few good ones haha.

Good luck.

:yes:

I did include a selection of letters and e-mails in my petition; probably wasn't necessary but it made me feel slightly more comfortable. I didn't include many, though, just 3-5 example pages and I used a black marker to block out any sexual stuff.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck.

I did include a selection of letters and e-mails in my petition; probably wasn't necessary but it made me feel slightly more comfortable. I didn't include many, though, just 3-5 example pages and I used a black marker to block out any sexual stuff.

I sent emails but what I did was copied and pasted just the heading of the emails and not the actualy email content into a word document. So there would be around 10 or so headings per page. Our lawyer advised us to do it that way so that we didn't provide the actual emails. All you have to show is who the email was from and who it was sent to and date.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good luck.

I sent emails but what I did was copied and pasted just the heading of the emails and not the actualy email content into a word document. So there would be around 10 or so headings per page. Our lawyer advised us to do it that way so that we didn't provide the actual emails. All you have to show is who the email was from and who it was sent to and date.

WOW - amazing advice, I never thought about that before? You ever notice how you get so overwhelmed and stressed going through this process that you miss the easiest and more obvious answer to your question? Gosh, I can show them DAILY emails, multiple times a day.... not too mention chat logs if there is way to prove when they started and when they ended....wow, the consulate is going to think I do nothing all day but talk to this man! :wacko: Oh well, as long as it gets the point across that WE LOVE EACH OTHER. Thanks all!

ILOVETAN

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I am an IR-1 filer and my petition hasn't yet been approved, but I can tell you what my husband did, he printed out the Inbox of his gmail, where there are tons of emails written to each other, basically you don't give out the content yet you do give out that you do have a bonafide relationship. And since gmail also stores every day chats in the same mail box, so it becomes much easy for us.

And really you don't have to make it all fancy with faces ( :P ) just make sure while printing the chat log, you are also printing the date and time, that is much better than the emoticons.

Hope it helps, have a smooth journey ahead :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Thanks for your help!

ILOVETAN

We didnt send any emails or chat logs with the petition, just copies of airline tickets a few photos, that was it.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Have you tried to print them yet? Some people have a problem with that. When we were using Yahoo (gag) I ended up saving the file every time. Then my computer crashed. I lost 3 months of chats. That's one of the reasons I set out in search of an alternative. I LOVE MEEBO! It saves them for me, the web cam function is stable, I was able to boot Yahoo's program from my computer and we still use our Yahoo ID's. The emoticons suck and I just found out that I have to print a page at a time, but I don't care. I'll copy and paste them if I have to. Yahoo was driving me nuts. Do I sound like a meebo salesman? I would if I could. They made my life on hell of alot easier.

I'm sending in 2 chats per month (with some screen shots), a few e mails, a few phone bills, airline receipts,some of my Western Union receipts, pictures as proof. We are doing a CR-1 but it still requires the proof.

Edited by WideAwakeInTheUSA

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for your help!

ILOVETAN

Heck no! For the initial filing, you don't need to provide ANY evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship. The key is your two original signed letters of intent and evidence of meeting in person within the last two years.

Save your bona fide relationship evidence for the interview. Even then, logs of chats and some examples of the text scattered through the relationship (maybe one a month) are enough for that kind of evidence. Actual visits are the best evidence of bona fides, not boxes full of printed paper.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The first time I applied and was approved, I had sent a sample of emails over a date range. Most were the the first page (to show our email addresses and the date). I tried to select some non-steamier emails :)

Just applied again and did the same thing. I also included phone records , sms chat messages and about 3-4 photos, airline boarding pass copies. No worries :thumbs:

Edited by desenchantee

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

3/19/08 Met my lovely Olenka in Lviv, Ukraine

4/21/08 K1 packet sent to VSC via Express Mail

4/22/08 Packet arrived at VSC. Signed for by P. NOVAK

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/5/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail + TOUCHED

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

11/25/08 MY LOVE WILL ARRIVE!!!

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Thanks for your help!

ILOVETAN

Heck no! For the initial filing, you don't need to provide ANY evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship. The key is your two original signed letters of intent and evidence of meeting in person within the last two years.

Save your bona fide relationship evidence for the interview. Even then, logs of chats and some examples of the text scattered through the relationship (maybe one a month) are enough for that kind of evidence. Actual visits are the best evidence of bona fides, not boxes full of printed paper.

6. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union

It doesn't say to send some of them but many people do. I was advised to send a few.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for your help!

ILOVETAN

6. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union

It doesn't say to send some of them but many people do. I was advised to send a few.

We were told to send documentation of our relationship which included, pictures of us as well as pictures of us with our families, phone records (we just provided his cell phone records and then I provided proof of my phone numbers), emails and airline tickets!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.