morocco4ever

Is this would usually happens?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi all,

I have never spent much time in this part of the forum, but recently I have just glanced in here. All I see is getting a divorce left and right, and how can I get him/her deported, or how can I still stay in the US.

Seriously, am I just showing up at a weird time, or is this really all this forum is about? I am sorry, but what I see is story after story about how the husband/wife deceived me, be it the USC or the immigrant. And I have to admit, when I read this and I hear someone go on and on about how right after they got here that their spouse (most I have seen is the husband) has changed, and that they are abusive, or they fear for their life, well it just has a ring of a bs story.

Sorry guys, I may be all wrong about this, but I just get so ticked off at the thought of anyone using a person for a green card. How can someone have such a cold heart? I am sure that some have legitimate stories, but man this has me depressed.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well the Forumn topic is " Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits"... and divorce is certainly one of if not the most frequently occuring Major Family Change... so Yes it will probably be the most discussed

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

ditto, fwaguy! :thumbs:

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

If its true that 50% of marriages end in divorce then I think its great that theres a forum relevant to this.

Yes, using someone for a green card is dreadful but then so is to be misled by a USC into marriage. I for one, would not return to the UK if my marriage ended in divorce (if I had the choice). Not because the UK is a s***hole, but because I gave up everything there to make my new life work.

Aside from the heartbreak of divorce, why should a foreign spouse be 'sent back' like damaged goods for a refund, because they turned out to be a person with opinions and feelings, not just a geisha in jeans.

To all the people going through divorce, then my heart goes out to you.

06.05.07 Entered US

06.24.07 Married!!!! xxxxxxx

07.23.07 Sent off AOS/EAD Express Mail

07.24.07 Email notification that package received!!!! (Day 1)

08.08.07 Money Orders Cashed (Day 16)

08.13.08 Biometrics letter rec. Still no NOA1 (Day 21)

08.27.07 RFE for tax transcript (sent already!!)

08.28.07 NOA1 date, received 09.02.07

09.04.07 Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Day 43)

09.18.07 RFE received by USCIS. Processing resumed.(Day 57)

10.04.07 Card Production ordered EAD..Woohoo!!!! (73 Days)

10.15.07 EAD card delivered in post as well as Approval email

10.15.07 Email to say Im on my way to California!

11.29.07 Card production ordered, still waiting for daughters!

12.04.07 received Green card in post!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
If its true that 50% of marriages end in divorce then I think its great that theres a forum relevant to this.

Yes, using someone for a green card is dreadful but then so is to be misled by a USC into marriage. I for one, would not return to the UK if my marriage ended in divorce (if I had the choice). Not because the UK is a s***hole, but because I gave up everything there to make my new life work.

Aside from the heartbreak of divorce, why should a foreign spouse be 'sent back' like damaged goods for a refund, because they turned out to be a person with opinions and feelings, not just a geisha in jeans.

To all the people going through divorce, then my heart goes out to you.

Geisha in jeans? Perish the thought.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I think there should be a longer period before the foriegn spouse gets a green card...Five years sounds good....I think that if you genuinely love the person and you moved here solely to be with them, then if the relationship breaks down, people should be prepared to return. Why should the US be forced to accept all these people who no longer have a true basis to be here?

Yes you may have given up a life in your own country, but that was a choice YOU made...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
I think there should be a longer period before the foriegn spouse gets a green card...Five years sounds good....I think that if you genuinely love the person and you moved here solely to be with them, then if the relationship breaks down, people should be prepared to return. Why should the US be forced to accept all these people who no longer have a true basis to be here?

Yes you may have given up a life in your own country, but that was a choice YOU made...

What an awesome idea! Then we would have to re-apply for EAD and AP probably like 3 times, which is NOTHING...just more money out of our pockets, more stress and hassle and "only" 5 years of just being in limbo.

I applaud you for this idea! :no:

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What an awesome idea! Then we would have to re-apply for EAD and AP probably like 3 times, which is NOTHING...just more money out of our pockets, more stress and hassle and "only" 5 years of just being in limbo.

I applaud you for this idea! :no:

It's a tough call, I think, I can see both sides. If it weren't so "easy" to get the GC, then fewer people would consider fraudulent marriages in order to do it.

I'm not sure how I feel about being able to remove conditions after divorce...

Timeline

I believe, no matter how difficult you make it to get a gc, there will always be fraudulent relationships. But it is up to the government to figure out what marriage is bona fide and which is not.

Why punish the sincere couples with even longer waiting times because of the fraud that some people commit?

About removing conditions after divorce- I don't have a problem with that. Those people have been proven in their visa process and then the aos process that they are in a legitimate relationship, they settled here, have a new life here...some might not have anything to go back to in their homecountry. Why punish those people with refusing the removing of conditions, specially in cases where they have proof of abuse during the course of their marriage?

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline
About removing conditions after divorce- I don't have a problem with that. Those people have been proven in their visa process and then the aos process that they are in a legitimate relationship, ......

Are you quite sure?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

5 years isn't enough. :blush:

I believe that choice is usually made by two people not only one person. There are thousands and thousands of non-USCs who would much more prefer to stay living in their home country. There are lots of things that might not make that be the best choice for the couple. I don´t have to name anything. Everybody has their own reasons and it´s perfectly fine what they decide together. Then if their relationship for some reason doesn´t work out after 3, 5, 10, 29 or whatever years it´s up to everyone specifically to decide where they wanna continue living. Some people that had to move to USA don´t even make any friends there over the years and are pretty happy about being able to move back to their family. Some people start a whole new carrier, make a lot of friends etc and they don´t really feel like starting all over again from a scratch back in their home country, if they already have a life going on somewhere else. So it´s not up to you to decide for others or tell them what to do or what you think they should do cuz you think they have no right to be in USA anymore. There is no such thing. They have contributed to the society, they have paid their taxes etc.

Ofcourse if someone wants to commit visa fraud, that´s a whole other matter.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes and know.. EVryones situation is different. some come for the glamour and are mislead. end up with a budwieser belching Fart who really is Load obnoxious priviledged and abusive..Many of my white american born friends deal with this ####### ond aily basis..Im sure its 5 times scarier when youthe geisha in jeans!!! SOme of the smarter lets say less submissive type nations east cough rope. Welll i know some of them who already have friends and plan too hook up and runaway to peopel they already have waiting in us>>>

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Timeline
About removing conditions after divorce- I don't have a problem with that. Those people have been proven in their visa process and then the aos process that they are in a legitimate relationship, ......

Are you quite sure?

No, I personally are not sure about that, but I don't approve AOS either. Like I said before, there will always be people who get their visas, greencards and whatnot approved and are not in a valid relationship.

But the vast majority is and I think it is only fair that there is the opportunity to remove conditions even after divorce if the foreign spouse wishes to remain in the country, specially if the failure of the marriage wasn't their fault (in abuse cases i.e)

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

I believe that choice is usually made by two people not only one person. There are thousands and thousands of non-USCs who would much more prefer to stay living in their home country. There are lots of things that might not make that be the best choice for the couple. I don´t have to name anything. Everybody has their own reasons and it´s perfectly fine what they decide together. Then if their relationship for some reason doesn´t work out after 3, 5, 10, 29 or whatever years it´s up to everyone specifically to decide where they wanna continue living. Some people that had to move to USA don´t even make any friends there over the years and are pretty happy about being able to move back to their family. Some people start a whole new carrier, make a lot of friends etc and they don´t really feel like starting all over again from a scratch back in their home country, if they already have a life going on somewhere else. So it´s not up to you to decide for others or tell them what to do or what you think they should do cuz you think they have no right to be in USA anymore. There is no such thing. They have contributed to the society, they have paid their taxes etc.

Ofcourse if someone wants to commit visa fraud, that´s a whole other matter.

I agree. When I moved to the US I gave up a great job in Europe-- one of the best places there to start a career in my field. After moving to the US to be with my boyfriend (now husband), I had to invest a lot of time and money in additional studies to get to a similar point. I did it because I loved him and wanted to give the relationship a serious shot, but I only agreed to come after I was certain that he was comfortable with me giving all that up to be with him. I should say that my field is not the same everywhere (might be easier if your field is science or engineering) and people in my field attach great importance to a degree that they know from a prestigious university in the English-speaking world, so my situation may be different from many, but a lot of immigrants have had to step back for at least a while and many do love their countries. When I just moved some people would tell me how wonderful it was for me that I could live here and study at a great American university and I always found that a bit presumptuous.

Of course one could argue that you should only be allowed to stay after the basis for family-sponsored immigration falls away if you can get your employer to sponsor a visa but I have at least three problems with that. First, it's elitist and very much favors those who hold high-paying jobs at big companies. Second, after a few years it's often not only about the foreigner who moved here. There may be children who grow up without a father or mother if one of the two is forced to live on another continent, or stepchildren who have been raised by their step parent for a few years and grown attached to him/her, etc. Third, why does the foreign spouse need to be penalized for a divorce after moving abroad, spending energy on getting used to another country, and becoming a productive member of society? It's true that such a person made a choice, but there are other measures (which already exist to a large extent and can be really harsh) to prevent permanent residents from becoming a burden on society-- i.e., by attaching immigration consequences to crimes, limiting public assistance to non-citizens, etc.

N-400

5-12-11: N-400 package mailed

5-18-11: check cashed

5-17-11: NOA date

6-14-11: biometrics date (missed notice + appointment due to travels)

6-16-11: fingerprints done

7-25-11: interview letter date

8-31-11: interview

9-20-11: oath!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.