Beauty for Ashes

50 things guys wish girls knew

35 posts in this topic

Well, once again, I don't seem to be the average "guy"...

No worries, I hardly agree with most of them either lol

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I always put it down and close the lid. I never understood why everyone does not do that.

1. Learn to work the toilet seat: if it's up put it down.

Trimming it is fine, It needs those split ends removed. Just nothing drastic!

2. Don't cut your hair. Ever.

Hmmm. sometimes, I don't mind guessing.

3. Don't make us guess.

I agree, I always answer with the truth.

4. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

Can't say this is very true. I think about my Alla often.

5. Sometimes, he's not thinking about you. Live with it.

100% not true. I think about this often.

6. He's never thinking about "The Relationship."

Not if she had it first.

7. Get rid of your cat. And no, it's not different, it's just like every other cat.

No neccessarily, depends on the cat.

8. Dogs are better than cats.

Sorry... Sunday = Family Day. We will go to a park, play outside, or stay inside and watch some DVDs together.

9. Sunday = Sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

I agree.

10. Shopping is not everybody's idea of a good time.

No, it isn't! I like being asked.

11. Anything you wear is fine. Really.

True

12. You have enough clothes.

False

13. You have too many shoes.

I don't agree.

14. Crying is blackmail. Use it if you must, but don't expect us to like it.

What brother?

15. Your brother is an idiot.

Subtle hints work fine if you really listen! :yes:

16. Ask for what you want. Subtle hints don't work.

I remember every important date!

17. No, he doesn't know what day it is. He never will. Mark anniversaries on a calendar.

Ahhh, we do.

18. Share the bathroom.

Ahhh, we do.

19. Share the closet.

Maybe! :lol: Depends on the question.

20. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers.

Yes, I agree.

21. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

I don't agree. Nothing says "I love you" than being there when I need you most..

22. Nothing says 'I love you' like sex in the morning.

I don't agree. Some of the best films can be foreign.

23. Foreign films are best left to foreigners.

Or ask me too. I don't mind.

24. Check your oil.

Depends on the argument.

25. Anything we said 6 or 8 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.

:thumbs: 100% agree.

26. Christopher Columbus didn't need directions, and neither do we.

Maybe

27. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

True

28. Yes, pissing standing up is more difficult than peeing from point blank range. We're bound to miss sometimes.

I 100% agree.

29. Don't fake it. We'd rather be ineffective than deceived.

I don't get this one. I don't want a fashion model.

30. If you don't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

I concur.

31. Let us ogle. If we don't look at other women, how can we know how pretty you are?

Ahhh, sometimes teasing is fun. Rub away.

32. Don't rub the lamp if you don't want the genie to come out.

Depends on the "something". Guidance may be needed in both areas.

33. You can either ask us to do something OR tell us how you want it done-not both.

Somewhat agree.

34. Women wearing Wonder bras and low-cut blouses lose their right to complain about having their boobs stared at.

Quality over quantity is generally better.

35. Don't make 50 rules when 35 will do.

:o

We just found that one in a million man!!!!

Seriously though, your woman has a keeper! :D

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7. Get rid of your cat. And no, it's not different, it's just like every other cat.

LIES ALL LIES! :lol:

PlatyPius agrees with most of those....

Hell, so do I. Except the cat ones. :luv:

not every girl looks good with long hair.

Exactly. Me included.

Long uncut hair looks disgusting. Get a trim for gawds sake. :thumbs:

My hair is so straight and fine that if it's any longer than a couple of inches below shoulder length it begins to just look really limp and hangs around my face in a very unflattering way. I also imagine that if you have really curly hair that it's equally annoying to have to deal with. It's a rare breed of woman who can look really good with long hair - you have to have thick hair with a hint of curl, I think, to look really good.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm in the same position. I started growing my hair out a while ago and it looks terrible. It's just not thick enough to be really long. I can't wait to cut it into a cute pixie cut at my next salon visit.

Luckily, my guy appreciates short hair on girls and has been encouraging me to cut it ever since he saw a picture of me with really short hair. :)

My hair is so straight and fine that if it's any longer than a couple of inches below shoulder length it begins to just look really limp and hangs around my face in a very unflattering way. I also imagine that if you have really curly hair that it's equally annoying to have to deal with. It's a rare breed of woman who can look really good with long hair - you have to have thick hair with a hint of curl, I think, to look really good.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

:blush: Thank you!

I always put it down and close the lid. I never understood why everyone does not do that.

Trimming it is fine, It needs those split ends removed. Just nothing drastic!

2. Don't cut your hair. Ever.

Hmmm. sometimes, I don't mind guessing.

3. Don't make us guess.

I agree, I always answer with the truth.

4. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

Can't say this is very true. I think about my Alla often.

5. Sometimes, he's not thinking about you. Live with it.

100% not true. I think about this often.

6. He's never thinking about "The Relationship."

Not if she had it first.

No neccessarily, depends on the cat.

Sorry... Sunday = Family Day. We will go to a park, play outside, or stay inside and watch some DVDs together.

9. Sunday = Sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

I agree.

10. Shopping is not everybody's idea of a good time.

No, it isn't! I like being asked.

11. Anything you wear is fine. Really.

True

12. You have enough clothes.

False

13. You have too many shoes.

I don't agree.

14. Crying is blackmail. Use it if you must, but don't expect us to like it.

What brother?

15. Your brother is an idiot.

Subtle hints work fine if you really listen! :yes:

16. Ask for what you want. Subtle hints don't work.

I remember every important date!

17. No, he doesn't know what day it is. He never will. Mark anniversaries on a calendar.

Ahhh, we do.

18. Share the bathroom.

Ahhh, we do.

19. Share the closet.

Maybe! :lol: Depends on the question.

20. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers.

Yes, I agree.

21. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

I don't agree. Nothing says "I love you" than being there when I need you most..

22. Nothing says 'I love you' like sex in the morning.

I don't agree. Some of the best films can be foreign.

23. Foreign films are best left to foreigners.

Or ask me too. I don't mind.

24. Check your oil.

Depends on the argument.

25. Anything we said 6 or 8 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.

:thumbs: 100% agree.

26. Christopher Columbus didn't need directions, and neither do we.

Maybe

27. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

True

28. Yes, pissing standing up is more difficult than peeing from point blank range. We're bound to miss sometimes.

I 100% agree.

29. Don't fake it. We'd rather be ineffective than deceived.

I don't get this one. I don't want a fashion model.

30. If you don't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

I concur.

31. Let us ogle. If we don't look at other women, how can we know how pretty you are?

Ahhh, sometimes teasing is fun. Rub away.

32. Don't rub the lamp if you don't want the genie to come out.

Depends on the "something". Guidance may be needed in both areas.

33. You can either ask us to do something OR tell us how you want it done-not both.

Somewhat agree.

34. Women wearing Wonder bras and low-cut blouses lose their right to complain about having their boobs stared at.

Quality over quantity is generally better.

35. Don't make 50 rules when 35 will do.

:o

We just found that one in a million man!!!!

Seriously though, your woman has a keeper! :D

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
I'm in the same position. I started growing my hair out a while ago and it looks terrible. It's just not thick enough to be really long. I can't wait to cut it into a cute pixie cut at my next salon visit.

Luckily, my guy appreciates short hair on girls and has been encouraging me to cut it ever since he saw a picture of me with really short hair.

QUOTE(Alex & Rachel @ Apr 27 2008, 05:23 PM)

Heeey I got my hair in the pixie cut last time I cut it like a month or two ago :yes: Liked it lots. I had mine short for a couple years in high school, then long for a good two or three years and finally gave up and cut it again just recently. I have thick curly frizzy hair and it sucks and won't do anything and is a lot of work, and I realized I just...never had time and always put it up in a ponytail anyway. So what's the point?

My problem is I'm too cheap to upkeep the short hair. I mean $20 cheapest haircut a girl can get...I'm not going to the salon every month or two. Like already my pixie has fallen out and in another month I'll have a mullet that I'll have to chop off :P But no I can't afford to go get a pro do every few weeks. But I do like it much better short and like short hair on other girls, etc etc too, and I think my SO doesn't care either way, so as long as that's the case I'm happy and don't care...

But lesbians WILL pay more attention to you.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

:thumbs:

This is a biggie for me. It's not just the seat that needs to be put down. It's the lid too. Toilets are ugly and children like to play in them. Putting the lid down just makes things look neater. Plus, have you ever read those studies about how droplets from the toilet spray out onto toothbrushes and sink counters? Gross. If everyone just closes the toilet, there will be no problems.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Hmm... lesbians don't pay attention to me either way. :) i think it depends on what kind of short haircut you get.

Heeey I got my hair in the pixie cut last time I cut it like a month or two ago :yes: Liked it lots. I had mine short for a couple years in high school, then long for a good two or three years and finally gave up and cut it again just recently. I have thick curly frizzy hair and it sucks and won't do anything and is a lot of work, and I realized I just...never had time and always put it up in a ponytail anyway. So what's the point?

My problem is I'm too cheap to upkeep the short hair. I mean $20 cheapest haircut a girl can get...I'm not going to the salon every month or two. Like already my pixie has fallen out and in another month I'll have a mullet that I'll have to chop off :P But no I can't afford to go get a pro do every few weeks. But I do like it much better short and like short hair on other girls, etc etc too, and I think my SO doesn't care either way, so as long as that's the case I'm happy and don't care...

But lesbians WILL pay more attention to you.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hmm... lesbians don't pay attention to me either way. :) i think it depends on what kind of short haircut you get.

maybe there some secret sign you are supposed to know. :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

This is a biggie for me. It's not just the seat that needs to be put down. It's the lid too. Toilets are ugly and children like to play in them. Putting the lid down just makes things look neater. Plus, have you ever read those studies about how droplets from the toilet spray out onto toothbrushes and sink counters? Gross. If everyone just closes the toilet, there will be no problems.

I agree with this too. I find a toilet with an open lid to be rather gross. And we always have some item or another on top of the tank, which invites accidents with an open lid. I'm not sure about the validity of the droplet spray thing, though.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Okay, time to share. Many, many moons ago, my former wife worked at a bank. She had long hair. Lesbians were always hitting on her there. They even waited special for her to wait on them. One time she got bold and asked, "Why do you think I'm a lesbian? Do I look like it or what?" First they were shocked she wasn't. Then she was told it was her mannerisms. I guess because she was athletic (at the time her arms were very well toned) and not prissy at all. :blink:

maybe there some secret sign you are supposed to know. :unsure:

Watch "Mythbusters" Episode 12 «Toilet Surprise». You be the judge.

I agree with this too. I find a toilet with an open lid to be rather gross. And we always have some item or another on top of the tank, which invites accidents with an open lid. I'm not sure about the validity of the droplet spray thing, though.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG