LINGIWE

is 2weeks meeting in person enough?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline

hi every one, am very new to this site and this is my sitution:

my fiance and i will soon be filling for the k1 visa petition, right now we are just gathering as much information as possible, we met on line and we have only seen each other once and it was for 2weeks. my question is: the fact that

we only spent time together for 2weeks, can the consulate think its not enough time to have met in person? also the fact that we met in south africa and not my home country can this be a problem?

any response will be highly aprecated.

thank you.

hi every one, am very new to this site and this is my sitution:

my fiance and i will soon be filling for the k1 visa petition, right now we are just gathering as much information as possible, we met on line and we have only seen each other once and it was for 2weeks. my question is: the fact that

we only spent time together for 2weeks, can the consulate think its not enough time to have met in person? also the fact that we met in south africa and not my home country can this be a problem?

any response will be highly aprecated.

thank you.

As long as your meeting was within the last 2 years, yes - meeting in a third country should not be an issue. :thumbs:

As long as you have met in person within 2 years prior to filing, you are fine.

Best of luck :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

IT just says aslong as you have met, but two weeks isnt all that long and i think some embassys do expect more its just kinda hard to know how they will feel. Maybe talk to others that will be going thru that embassy and see how they handle things there, i doubt the place of meeting would matter except for some also again they like to know that you met with the family etc

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

As long as you met sometime in the last 2 years you are good :thumbs:

My fiance and I were only physically together for about a total of 24 hours when we filed.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

IT just says aslong as you have met, but two weeks isnt all that long and i think some embassys do expect more its just kinda hard to know how they will feel. Maybe talk to others that will be going thru that embassy and see how they handle things there, i doubt the place of meeting would matter except for some also again they like to know that you met with the family etc

True.

2 weeks isn't a lot but perhaps if you show enough evidence of a bona fide relationship, it will be enough.

People have been approved and gotten visas with just a one time meeting.

I would post in your regional forum and talk to others who have gone through the same consulate.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gosh! upon reading this it gotten me nervous... We were just physically together for 8 days!!!! and we had filed our petition in Vermont last 02/11/08 and after the Noa1 no news of approval up to the present. You and your fiance were even lucky for having 2 weeks together. However, my fiance is plannig to get back in PI by august hopefully after my interview if ever, coz we are planning to fly together back to his place. Gods Will. Think we'll just wait and see.. if they will approve us ( which I am praying for it) then you have nothing to worry about. YOu'll be safe by then..mind if I ask you to lets get in touch? BTW, my fiance and I are talking 2 times a day everyday from day 1st up to the present and if I will get to print all the chatlogs that we had from the start, dunno how many rims of bond paper I will be using, you think guys its enough proof of evidence of an authentic relationship? excluding the exchange emails of him and his mom. Anybody here could help me ease my worries pls...was really terrify after reading this post. huhuhuhu :crying:

LINGIWE thanks for asking this btw.

God Bless us all!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

two weeks is enough just dont forget to show u were both at the same place as in ticket stubs or hotel receipts.......stamps in both or passports showing u were in the same country at the same time.........as well as the pics

Because you have met within the last two years you should have no problems

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

True.

2 weeks isn't a lot but perhaps if you show enough evidence of a bona fide relationship, it will be enough.

I would post in your regional forum and talk to others who have gone through the same consulate.

Right, there are two separate issues, meeting in person and evidence of a bona fide relationship. Your meeting is sufficient for USCIS to approve your petition but you'll need to show evidence of bona fide ongoing relationship at the interview. This does not absolutely require more time together in person. Many show evidence of ongoing frequent communication, whether with chat logs and examples, emails, pictures, letters, visits or a combination of those.

Those who have told you you'll be fine are addressing only the petition approval portion of the process. You'll need the bona fides evidence to actually get the visa.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is very true, dont let anyone tell you you will be fine, no problems. Each embassy has its own hangup, your papers may sail thru with no problems but you have alot to prove here. Ask others going thru this locations to get some idea, its just not that cut and dry that you meet and you will be fine. The more evidences you have the better you will be, some interviewers wont consider the chat as much evidences, some may not even look at the phone records, the more you can have the better you will be and if you could get another trip in would be even better, meet the family, take lots of pictures etc

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

True.

Right, there are two separate issues, meeting in person and evidence of a bona fide relationship. Your meeting is sufficient for USCIS to approve your petition but you'll need to show evidence of bona fide ongoing relationship at the interview. This does not absolutely require more time together in person. Many show evidence of ongoing frequent communication, whether with chat logs and examples, emails, pictures, letters, visits or a combination of those.

Those who have told you you'll be fine are addressing only the petition approval portion of the process. You'll need the bona fides evidence to actually get the visa.

You are right about this. Many of us in the African Forum have had successful visa approvals with only having met our fiances one time. Two weeks may seem like a short time to some COs, but you need to make up for it with tons of evidence. My fiance and I only met once for two weeks, but I made sure to send every piece of evidence I could think of in order to prove a valid relationship. Just remember, you aren't the only person who has done that (especially if the country isn't particularly easy to get to often- like Zambia). The consular officer has encountered this same scenario many times, but it's the evidence that counts.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

True.

You are right about this. Many of us in the African Forum have had successful visa approvals with only having met our fiances one time. Two weeks may seem like a short time to some COs, but you need to make up for it with tons of evidence. My fiance and I only met once for two weeks, but I made sure to send every piece of evidence I could think of in order to prove a valid relationship. Just remember, you aren't the only person who has done that (especially if the country isn't particularly easy to get to often- like Zambia). The consular officer has encountered this same scenario many times, but it's the evidence that counts.

Evidence includes answers to interview questions, so the intending immigrant needs to show they know and know about their fiance or spouse and that they know about their life and family, just like any other fiance or spouse would.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.