How do you say "I love You"

112 posts in this topic

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Я очень люблю тебя = I very (much) love you. You can change the order around because of case. So "you" (тебя) can float around it is the object (receiver) of the love. :)

Russia: Я люблю тебя.

(Yah lyooblyoo tyebyah.)

OK, mox. I need you to ask your tutor something for me...

If "I love you" is Я люблю тебя (Ya loo-bloo tee-bya), then why is "I love you very much" Я очень тебя люблю (Ya o-chin tee-bya loo-bloo)? This translates to "I very you love"? I would understand if it were "I very love you", but it's not. I continue to struggle learning this language, and the answer I frequently receive when asking either my girl or my Interpreter, is "Just because" (dolka putamoo-shto)... :huh:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Minä rakastan sinua (L) or just Mä rakastan sua.

(Finnish)

3dflags_fin0001-0001a.gifSanna and Daniel's journey3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

December 13, 2007 - I-751 submitted to NSC (removing of conditions fun begins...)

December 22 - Received a rejection notice because the form was not "properly signed". Package itself was not returned.

January 1, 2008 - Received packet back from CSC. They are requesting we resubmit the packet (which is already organized by CSC) with a properly signed form.

January 2 - Packet resubmitted to California.

January 12 - NOA1 received (dated 01/07/2008)

January 19 - Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 01/15/2008)

February 1 - Biometrics

March 11 - Approved! Card production ordered (notified via e-mail).

March 20, 2008 - New card arrived in the mail :)

Done until 2018 :)

For more details including K1 and AOS journies check out "Our story" in my profile =)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Я очень люблю тебя = I very (much) love you. You can change the order around because of case. So "you" (тебя) can float around it is the object (receiver) of the love. :)

Is this true?? I was told that nobody would ever say Я очень люблю тебя, and would only say Я очень тебя люблю. Of course they would understand me if I said it, but it would not sound "correct" to them.

Ирина и Скотт (Iryna and Scott)

Feb 25, 2008 - Sent K-1 petition to VSC

Feb 25, 2008 - Received NOA1

May 30, 2008 - Received NOA2! Woo-hoo!

Jul 18, 2008 - Interviewed in Kiev. Everything went well!

Jul 24, 2008 - Visa received. Yippee!

Jul 31, 2008 - Visited my girl, and we spent my birthday in Odessa!

Aug 05, 2008 - We both arrive in America. Hooray!

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If it's wrong, then my fiancée had better correct me! :lol: I have said it this way, but more often say "Я тебя люблю очень!" (I to you love much!)

Is this true?? I was told that nobody would ever say Я очень люблю тебя, and would only say Я очень тебя люблю. Of course they would understand me if I said it, but it would not sound "correct" to them.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Te amo, bebe/ mi amor (L) = (I love you, baby/ my love)

Yo tambien te amo (I love you too)- Took Justin a long time to learn that one!

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

If you do a google search with quotes, you get 22,800 results for я очень тебя люблю and 22,900 for я очень люблю тебя. Я тебя люблю очень gets 718 hits. Я люблю тебя очень gets 26,000.

As far as очень meaning only "very"... you can't really do a direct translation. it is kind of just an intensifier. You can convey the same meaning with так instead of очень.

If it's wrong, then my fiancée had better correct me! :lol: I have said it this way, but more often say "Я тебя люблю очень!" (I to you love much!)

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

PHILIPPINES...

GIHIGUGMA KO IKAW= I love you

(BISAYA/CEBUANO)

GIHIGUGMA KO IKAW PAG-AYO = I love you very much

(BISAYA/CEBUANO)

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

As far as очень meaning only "very"... you can't really do a direct translation. it is kind of just an intensifier. You can convey the same meaning with так instead of очень.

Another rule of grammar I really love about Russian... the one about how you shouldn't refer to yourself twice in the same sentence... I should not say "I love you with all my heart." The word "my" is improper here. Why? Because I already referred to myself with "I"! So I should say "I love you with all ones heart." Crazy... The same applies with "you/your", as in "Do you love me with all ones heart?"

Ирина и Скотт (Iryna and Scott)

Feb 25, 2008 - Sent K-1 petition to VSC

Feb 25, 2008 - Received NOA1

May 30, 2008 - Received NOA2! Woo-hoo!

Jul 18, 2008 - Interviewed in Kiev. Everything went well!

Jul 24, 2008 - Visa received. Yippee!

Jul 31, 2008 - Visited my girl, and we spent my birthday in Odessa!

Aug 05, 2008 - We both arrive in America. Hooray!

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Not quite... maybe it's stylistically preferable, but it's only truly incorrect in third person. This is because if you don't use свой, it sounds like there are two people in the sentence--"He loves her with all of his (someone else)'s heart." Свой isn't really "one." It works in sentences that don't have a subject, but usually when you make a statement where we would say "one" in english, it's done with ты. Свой really means "my, our, his, her, its, their" in the context that you're talking about --it's just to clarify that the person who is doing it is the same person as the subject, if that makes sense. This kind of trying to use English logic into Russian just doesn't work--you need to use Russian logic when you think about Russian. :) When you say Мы с Лизой ходили в школу каждый день, you're not saying "We with Liza went to school every day." You're really saying "Liza and I went to school every day"--it's just formulated and thought of differently in Russian.

Another rule of grammar I really love about Russian... the one about how you shouldn't refer to yourself twice in the same sentence... I should not say "I love you with all my heart." The word "my" is improper here. Why? Because I already referred to myself with "I"! So I should say "I love you with all ones heart." Crazy... The same applies with "you/your", as in "Do you love me with all ones heart?"

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.