Meriem_DZ

How Muslims Are Treated In USA

144 posts in this topic

i wouldn't try to pretend just to hurt myself.

i was in san pedro, california with my child and husband. i met some filipinos there and we were talking and they were asking where i lived in philippines when i told them i came from Zamboanga,.. they said.. your daughter look muslims. :blink: i was wondering why they said it???? i don't even have a muslim blood in me... :unsure: they came from Philippines too.

Edited by SJ

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

i was in san pedro, california with my child and husband. i met some filipinos there and we were talking and they were asking where i lived in philippines when i told them i came from Zamboanga,.. they said.. your daughter look muslims. :blink: i was wondering why they said it???? i don't even have a muslim blood in me... :unsure: they came from Philippines too.

what is muslim blood?

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

most people think if you come from zamboanga, philippines, where there are plenty of muslims living there, they thought you are also a muslims. i have so many classmates during my college days they are chabacano from zamboanga, not muslims.

the 9/11 tragedy many americans become victim of the tragedy and the surviving relatives deep inside in their heart they have fear, anger until now. like also there in the philippines many families that become victims of the abbu sayaf the kidnapping or other terrorist act. they have fear, hatred in their heart against them.

glitterfy-flpbk0117583890023634.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
American are still upset of 9/11. I understand why American are afraid or angry!

Yes, and it is fueled by ignorance. Is everyone that is named Jeffrey (as in Dahmer) feared that they could be a cannibal?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

most people think if you come from zamboanga, philippines, where there are plenty of muslims living there, they thought you are also a muslims. i have so many classmates during my college days they are chabacano from zamboanga, not muslims.

the 9/11 tragedy many americans become victim of the tragedy and the surviving relatives deep inside in their heart they have fear, anger until now. like also there in the philippines many families that become victims of the abbu sayaf the kidnapping or other terrorist act. they have fear, hatred in their heart against them.

you're right.. :thumbs:

where is this freaking hick place? unbelievable. i'm glad people defended her.

around here we have plenty of muslims with hijabs and they are treated the same everywhere i've been with them around. no one staring at them, etc.

"just because you were born here doesn't make you american!" - #######? what was our country founded on? HELLO!

Ya its sad...actually you never know when you will be attacked for something YOU believe in...so sure of themselves, those hicks. Drop em off in any other part of the world and they'll be scrambling. I love America and this culture, and I don't think they represent true Americans. I cried with the girl who defended the Muslim woman whos friend was also muslim.

Good for people who can see through clear eyes and not through prejudice.

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

American are still upset of 9/11. I understand why American are afraid or angry!

were all damn upset about 9/11. muslims and all...we are all upset...notice the muslims are the one getting all the sh*t so they are the ones most hurt by this in the aftermath

its good to be afraid and angry...but that WOMAN did nothing

morons

Edited by tammy2688

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

People keep saying that they are reacting to 9/11 and they are afraid because of what happened. The only reason I doubt that is because I was in NYC for 9/11. I was watching those buildings fall with my own eyes. I was barracaded by military police with huge guns and unable to even get to my home. All while 4 months pregnant. My cousins were running through the streets trying find a safe place to hide. The smell of burning flesh in the air. The island was shut down, no one in, no one out for hours. Finally, people walked home, miles and miles by foot across the bridges. Those people don't "hate" muslims. Those people who actually lived it are not the ones targeting and terrorizing muslims in this country. Yet these nobodies in nowhere america hate muslims. They did NOT live through the terror in that city! They did not experience the subsequent police state! They were not cut off from outside communications because the phone lines were down! Give me a bloody break! These people hate because hate is in THEIR blood. It's muslims now. It was blacks before. Japanese before that. They'll always find someone to hate. Just wait and see.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

People keep saying that they are reacting to 9/11 and they are afraid because of what happened. The only reason I doubt that is because I was in NYC for 9/11. I was watching those buildings fall with my own eyes. I was barracaded by military police with huge guns and unable to even get to my home. All while 4 months pregnant. My cousins were running through the streets trying find a safe place to hide. The smell of burning flesh in the air. The island was shut down, no one in, no one out for hours. Finally, people walked home, miles and miles by foot across the bridges. Those people don't "hate" muslims. Those people who actually lived it are not the ones targeting and terrorizing muslims in this country. Yet these nobodies in nowhere america hate muslims. They did NOT live through the terror in that city! They did not experience the subsequent police state! They were not cut off from outside communications because the phone lines were down! Give me a bloody break! These people hate because hate is in THEIR blood. It's muslims now. It was blacks before. Japanese before that. They'll always find someone to hate. Just wait and see.

and that is the truth to be sure!!!!!! all 9-11 did was give the people a another group to target other than what they normally do.........

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

This video was so touching. I want to wear the hijab, but it isn't possible in my work and would cause many problems. I hate that muslims must live in fear of racism. Constantly I am trying to teach my family to see things in a different way. For some it is easy, for others it is not easy and that is just within my family.

This country was founded on the belief that everyone was created equally. People came here to get away from religious persecution. How quickly those ignorant people forget what people fought and died for to make this country. The best we can do is stand up for what we believe in. Others before faced persecution, but inshallah this difficult time for muslims will pass and Islam will be more accepted.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
This video was so touching. I want to wear the hijab, but it isn't possible in my work and would cause many problems. I hate that muslims must live in fear of racism. Constantly I am trying to teach my family to see things in a different way. For some it is easy, for others it is not easy and that is just within my family.

This country was founded on the belief that everyone was created equally. People came here to get away from religious persecution. How quickly those ignorant people forget what people fought and died for to make this country. The best we can do is stand up for what we believe in. Others before faced persecution, but inshallah this difficult time for muslims will pass and Islam will be more accepted.

Our family doctor is a very nice lady from Pakistan......she also is very sad because she can not wear hijab to work.......and almost cries every time we go in because we have the freedom to wear hijab that she does not have..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The ignorance is unbelievable ~ People say we are at war with Muslims and they are the enemy. "On this battlefield of life, our fears can become our worst enemy!" Henna (F)

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

well there is a flip side also...go to a muslim country and wear revealing clothes and see how u r treated there. i can imagine it would be the same. so to be offended by the way americans think or how they react would be the same if u were the one doing some thing out of the norm in a muslim country.

take a bible to saudi arabia or even talk about christianity there and see what happens. so this kind of behavior is not just in the united states but in muslim counties as well.

the difference is muslims in the united states can go on the news and speak about the misjustice that happens to them and a christian in a muslim country cant. no one would listen to them telling how badly they were treated.

Filed: Other Timeline

I am a white Hindu/Buddhist, vegetarian, don't drink, and wear salwar, so I can identify with a lot of these issues. For the average American sheeple post 9/11 'different'=Muslim=terrorist. I was one of those people walking over the Queensboro Bridge on 9/11. I would say the difference between NYers who actually lived through 9/11 and people in 'the heartland' who only saw it on TV is that NYers interact with Muslims every day. In my neighborhood I see tons of women wearing Islamic dress, even niqab. It is very diverse here. I still have had incidents(thankfully few) where people have mistaken me for a Muslima and tried to convert me to Christianity(I have learned to spot these people before they can go ahead with their spiel and give them a gentle verbal smackdown.) :lol: You can't pull that 'Christian nation' ####### for long in NYC. There are ignorant idiots here though too, but luckily unlike other places they are not in the majority. There was even an incident a few months ago where a Jewish man defended a Muslim against attack on the subway -remember that?

I hear stories like this and it only reinforces my desire to stay in Queens, even if we are holding on with our fingernails and living a practically 3rd world lifestyle only with clean food and water(hey - it's a lot greener than living in some suburb and driving a car every day...). I am not going to change because some idiots think I am 'un-American', if you define that as white-bread bacon-eating TV zombie Walmart evangelical Christian then yes I am un-American and dayum proud of it - I had some idiot in my office who loves raving about a local steakhouse tell me being vegetarian is 'un-American', I think he was joking but #######?? Luckily though I have never been in physical danger...

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
well there is a flip side also...go to a muslim country and wear revealing clothes and see how u r treated there. i can imagine it would be the same. so to be offended by the way americans think or how they react would be the same if u were the one doing some thing out of the norm in a muslim country.

take a bible to saudi arabia or even talk about christianity there and see what happens. so this kind of behavior is not just in the united states but in muslim counties as well.

the difference is muslims in the united states can go on the news and speak about the misjustice that happens to them and a christian in a muslim country cant. no one would listen to them telling how badly they were treated.

This is where you are wrong. My family has been in this country since the start of this country. I have a right to be muslim if I want to. The middle east countries you mentioned were not founded to have freedom of religion or equality. Are you saying that America should be just like them? That we should act just like the countries the forefathers fled from to create this country? That is the whole point of America is to allow diversity, freedom and equality. No one expects it in the middle east, but it should be expected here in America. Read the consitution or declaration of Independence and you will see that they were trying to make things better here. That people could come here to avoid persecution.

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.