Meriem_DZ

How Muslims Are Treated In USA

144 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I am a white Hindu/Buddhist, vegetarian, don't drink, and wear salwar, so I can identify with a lot of these issues. For the average American sheeple post 9/11 'different'=Muslim=terrorist. I was one of those people walking over the Queensboro Bridge on 9/11. I would say the difference between NYers who actually lived through 9/11 and people in 'the heartland' who only saw it on TV is that NYers interact with Muslims every day. In my neighborhood I see tons of women wearing Islamic dress, even niqab. It is very diverse here. I still have had incidents(thankfully few) where people have mistaken me for a Muslima and tried to convert me to Christianity(I have learned to spot these people before they can go ahead with their spiel and give them a gentle verbal smackdown.) :lol: You can't pull that 'Christian nation' ####### for long in NYC. There are ignorant idiots here though too, but luckily unlike other places they are not in the majority. There was even an incident a few months ago where a Jewish man defended a Muslim against attack on the subway -remember that?

I hear stories like this and it only reinforces my desire to stay in Queens, even if we are holding on with our fingernails and living a practically 3rd world lifestyle only with clean food and water(hey - it's a lot greener than living in some suburb and driving a car every day...). I am not going to change because some idiots think I am 'un-American', if you define that as white-bread bacon-eating TV zombie Walmart evangelical Christian then yes I am un-American and dayum proud of it - I had some idiot in my office who loves raving about a local steakhouse tell me being vegetarian is 'un-American', I think he was joking but #######?? Luckily though I have never been in physical danger...

Hey I like white bread...WALMART I can live without

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
well there is a flip side also...go to a muslim country and wear revealing clothes and see how u r treated there. i can imagine it would be the same. so to be offended by the way americans think or how they react would be the same if u were the one doing some thing out of the norm in a muslim country.

take a bible to saudi arabia or even talk about christianity there and see what happens. so this kind of behavior is not just in the united states but in muslim counties as well.

the difference is muslims in the united states can go on the news and speak about the misjustice that happens to them and a christian in a muslim country cant. no one would listen to them telling how badly they were treated.

I apologize I haven't read all the replies following this message...but I must say what she is saying is TRUE... and it makes me feel ever more grateful to be an American! This video was sad and disappointing but a lot of people DID stand up for the Muslim actor! We are lucky to be able to have the freedom to dress how we want and practice what religion we want. Unfortunately there are a lot of azzholes in America who are hateful but there are also a lot of good people. Remember how lucky we are versus a lot of the world where they do not have the same freedoms...

:star:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
well there is a flip side also...go to a muslim country and wear revealing clothes and see how u r treated there. i can imagine it would be the same. so to be offended by the way americans think or how they react would be the same if u were the one doing some thing out of the norm in a muslim country.

take a bible to saudi arabia or even talk about christianity there and see what happens. so this kind of behavior is not just in the united states but in muslim counties as well.

the difference is muslims in the united states can go on the news and speak about the misjustice that happens to them and a christian in a muslim country cant. no one would listen to them telling how badly they were treated.

Your "analogy" is ridiculous.

What is the "norm" for this country? Where I live, the norm is gay couples with children, single women adopting babies, straight men wearing pantyhose under their jeans for fun, kids learning Spanish in school so we can all communicate with our neighbors better, and so on.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I thought about this last night and if I had been one of the customers who fought for that woman and ended up getting emotional and THEN found out that both the guy and the girl were actors I'd be PO'd !!!!!!

Why should they be angry? They did the right thing. I'd be relieved it was just an act and that clerk didn't really feel that way.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

You MENA women would be lucky to have an American man like me. But of course you wouldn't be walking around in public wearing a black bag......it's called assimilate into the culture....no need calling me...I'm already taken.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
You MENA women would be lucky to have an American man like me. But of course you wouldn't be walking around in public wearing a black bag......it's called assimilate into the culture....no need calling me...I'm already taken.

Hmmmm. The only time I ever walked around in a black bag was at Girlscout camp at Lake Lemon. We made these temp raincoats out of black trashbags. So are you saying that as an American if I were married to you, our girls and possibly myself would be banned from Girlscout camp where you get to wear black bags and walk around? Or that Girlscouts aren't assimilated into the culture?

Is my Stewie bumper sticker not assimilated either? Dude, don't mess with the bumper sticker. It's totally awesome.

And what, exactly, would make us lucky to have you in particular? You seem kind of stuck on yourself. Please explain why you're awesome, and why I should want you. Right now you remind me of the guy with his giant dually who tried to merge into me while I was stopped, in traffic, in the right turn lane, and then flipped me off... for... existing? I'm not sure what his logic was either.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hmmmm. The only time I ever walked around in a black bag was at Girlscout camp at Lake Lemon. We made these temp raincoats out of black trashbags. So are you saying that as an American if I were married to you, our girls and possibly myself would be banned from Girlscout camp where you get to wear black bags and walk around? Or that Girlscouts aren't assimilated into the culture?

Is my Stewie bumper sticker not assimilated either? Dude, don't mess with the bumper sticker. It's totally awesome.

And what, exactly, would make us lucky to have you in particular? You seem kind of stuck on yourself. Please explain why you're awesome, and why I should want you. Right now you remind me of the guy with his giant dually who tried to merge into me while I was stopped, in traffic, in the right turn lane, and then flipped me off... for... existing? I'm not sure what his logic was either.

That was so great!

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Timeline

That was so great!

Sure made a lot of sense to me.....girl scout analogy....great!!! Flipping her off in traffic....oh yeah...daily....brilliant post!!!

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

PANCAKE BUNNY

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Sure made a lot of sense to me.....girl scout analogy....great!!! Flipping her off in traffic....oh yeah...daily....brilliant post!!!

Let me help you.

You stated that I, as a MENA woman, would be lucky to have an American man like you. You stated I would have to stop walking around in public wearing a black bag and assimilate. Since I don't wear black bags and that was the only time, I asked you about it. It's not an analogy. I usually wear jeans and a sweater or something like that. Should I change that for... what? He;lp me in what's more American than my jeans. Also, I'm not really sure how I am supposed to assimilate into American culture. My accent? Well I speak in a Western accent since I'm from the Western US. Should it be... Midwestern? My religion? Well I'm a Christian so maybe I should change to... Deist like a founding father?

As far as dually guy, here's the thing. I was in my lane, minding my own business when he tried to merge into me and then was mad that he couldn't BE in my space. So he took out his agression on me for being in my space. You have come into the MENA forum and seem to like to ####### on everyone here and then tell us we'd be lucky to have you , and if you are as you appear in MENA, then you're a verbally bashing person. So are you saying we'd be lucky to be degraded by someone like you every day? I think I have a different relationship standard. I thought it was American, but maybe it's French for all I know now since I'm apparently not assimilated.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:pop:

Dude, now you need to keep up with 2 threads :) We need Waharania in here :)

it's not that difficult. and yeah she needs to show up :pop:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Let me help you.

You stated that I, as a MENA woman, would be lucky to have an American man like you. You stated I would have to stop walking around in public wearing a black bag and assimilate. Since I don't wear black bags and that was the only time, I asked you about it. It's not an analogy. I usually wear jeans and a sweater or something like that. Should I change that for... what? He;lp me in what's more American than my jeans. Also, I'm not really sure how I am supposed to assimilate into American culture. My accent? Well I speak in a Western accent since I'm from the Western US. Should it be... Midwestern? My religion? Well I'm a Christian so maybe I should change to... Deist like a founding father?

As far as dually guy, here's the thing. I was in my lane, minding my own business when he tried to merge into me and then was mad that he couldn't BE in my space. So he took out his agression on me for being in my space. You have come into the MENA forum and seem to like to ####### on everyone here and then tell us we'd be lucky to have you , and if you are as you appear in MENA, then you're a verbally bashing person. So are you saying we'd be lucky to be degraded by someone like you every day? I think I have a different relationship standard. I thought it was American, but maybe it's French for all I know now since I'm apparently not assimilated.

how could I possibly argue with logic like this...especially when it takes you three paragraphs to explain...I understood after the first sentence...

I dont think that you know what living in a MENA is even like....the last time I was in Saudi...the women were all dressed in black bags...and the religious police would come out and beat them with sticks if they were alone or out after hours...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.